Cocu’s taking us up...

DCFC27

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, GenBr said:

if anything its weaker and more even than it has been for a while.

This is why the time is now. We keep saying year upon year that we've got to give managers time and that it's a 'transition' season. Nobody thought lampard would take us within 90 minutes of the premier league, but he did. Whilst this squad is weaker, I don't think it's nearly as bad as people are making out, therefore we should keep the expectations high. If, like you say, the league is also 'weaker' then there's no reason why we can't kick on this season and achieve something worthwhile.

With work friends today from Holland who are  PSV fans and they said does he play possesion football ?  high percentage but in your own half ?,  do they keep passing the ball back and not forwards ? ,is it boring to watch ?, they stopped going even though they were champions because of the style of play. 

They knew what style of play Derby  would be doing as he only knows this way ,if we have ball possesion we can't loose.

2-0 up and he takes strikers off for an extra defender to come on to defend.

Going to be a long season in front off us !!!!!!

26 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

This is why the time is now. We keep saying year upon year that we've got to give managers time and that it's a 'transition' season. Nobody thought lampard would take us within 90 minutes of the premier league, but he did. Whilst this squad is weaker, I don't think it's nearly as bad as people are making out, therefore we should keep the expectations high. If, like you say, the league is also 'weaker' then there's no reason why we can't kick on this season and achieve something worthwhile.

The league is weaker, but our squad is much, much weaker. That is the reason why i do not believe we will achieve anything above mid table (which isnt a bad thing).

Our starting 11 has lost its 4 best players from last season all 4 of whom are now full internationals and have nobody to replace them. We've also lost Huddlestone to injury and have no one to replace him. Our strikers are good, wingers abysmal, midfield average and defence at times terrifying.

On 26/10/2019 at 23:56, SchtivePesley said:

A mate of a mate who knows a guy down the pub who is the brother's fiance of the nephew of the IT guy at Moor Farm - maybe baalocks

It wasn't me either, I'm just his mate, he told me to stand her and watch this gate.....

14 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Tha sounds like a scab tha sen. Bailing out when going gets tough. 

im back nah mi owd. I'll be at Scab game wi mi owd mukka's . I think Cocu is doing a fantsatic job and i've forgiven them two loveable rogues. pair o scally wags.

16 hours ago, GenBr said:

The league is weaker, but our squad is much, much weaker. That is the reason why i do not believe we will achieve anything above mid table (which isnt a bad thing).

Our starting 11 has lost its 4 best players from last season all 4 of whom are now full internationals and have nobody to replace them. We've also lost Huddlestone to injury and have no one to replace him. Our strikers are good, wingers abysmal, midfield average and defence at times terrifying.

also lost BJ and for all his failings would be an asset to us now

Archived