Luton Town (H) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

First 10 minutes they couldnt touch the ball, we were that good. After that its been just okay, choosing the wrong pass and moves breaking down. Would like to see Zoom, Malone & Lawrence try to take on a man. I really want Martin to do well and score again so I've maybe got blinkers on but he has probably been one of the worst players today, he even had a shot from the touchline 10 yards left of goal, WTH how can you score from there.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, cosmic said:

Dunno, I reckon if we had a half decent player in place of Josefzoon, we’d have our second by now. 

Very little has gone wrong because of Jozefzoon. The only thing I blame him for is letting the Paterson pass rolling under his foot.

The wayward header was fired at him and literally everything else has just missed him. In build-up play he's been fine. Decent passing and moving.

Most attacks so far have broken down because of a poor Martin pass. 

I'm not saying Jozefzoon is good; or is a better player than Martin - but his performance doesn't deserve the vitriol imo. He's not been given the opportunities to be as bad as people are saying. Martin's played worse.

10 minutes for Martin to sort his passing out and Jozefzoon to influence the game more. Waghorn and Dowell on if neither don’t improves. 
Great balance with the rest of the team at the moment. Those strong challenges from Shinnie and Bielik are fantastic to see. Better passing in the final 3rd will see us win comfortably. 

Shinnie MOM so far by an absolute mile, he’s really going for it. Josefzoon needs to come off at half time though, Christ knows what we don’t see on the pitch but I can’t see what he does?! Get Holmes on! Need to get Paterson closer to Martin too- tho the latter has had an absolute shocker thus far. 

Deservedly winning imo, but we still look vulnerable- Luton clearly targeting us trying to win set pieces. Have to be quicker making decisions playing out the back- Roos and Clarke particular invite pressure by dwelling on the ball long.

Just now, SaintRam said:

Very little has gone wrong because of Jozefzoon. The only thing I blame him for is letting the Paterson pass rolling under his foot.

The wayward header was fired at him and literally everything else has just missed him. In build-up play he's been fine. Decent passing and moving.

Most attacks so far have broken down because of a poor Martin pass. 

I'm not saying Jozefzoon is good; or is a better player than Martin - but his performance doesn't deserve the vitriol imo. He's not been given the opportunities to be as bad as people are saying. Martin's played worse.

He brings NOTHING to the game and I mean nothing, he is worth every word , now you are correct there are other players equally as bad led by Martin. Shinnie on the other hand is playing very well. We just have 4 players at least not performing or able to put 2 passes together.

8 minutes ago, ramtique said:

Zzzzzz! Two very poor sides. Very lucky to be ahead. Football is soooo slow and pedestrian. Martin’s passing woeful. Jozefzoon useless. Lawrence peripheral. Roos shaky again. Shinnie excellent! Unless we pick up in the second half expect a disappointing outcome... 

Bar the shinnie part u could use that assessment to blancket report most of our opening 10 fixtures 

the lack of any sort of temp and urgency with the ball i have found to be totally appalling

I'm glad Waghorn is on the bench today, he has been poor last couple of games and deserves to be dropped.

Sounds from reading on here that Shinnie is playing well for us, and a great game for him to start to try and beat his brother's Luton Town.

Hopefully Super Chrissy Martin can pick up second half and hopefully the skill, speed and craft of Holmes coming on, will create chances to extend our lead. Obviously I'm stating the very obvious, but a second goal is needed, and defending better than we did against Barnsley higher up the pitch will be required to get the 3 points, and the longer Waghorn stays on the bench, the better chance we have of making that happen.

Up The Rams.

Archived