Luton Town (H) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

Bielik with a great challenge, but Paterson overhits a pass up field. And when I say overhit - I mean fired it out of a cannon when it needed a light nudge.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bogle with a pacey cross that deflects slightly towards Jozefzoon's head only a few yards away- not a lot of time to react in fairness, his header is wayward.

Lots of Luton possession; but eveyr time they get towards the halfway line they mess it up. Derby having to be very patient. 

Jozefzoon almost puts Bogle in with a cheeky flick.

It comes back to Derby, Pateron works his way into the box. His shot is blocked. Luton come away but are halted by Bielik. 

Paterson plays it to Jozefzoon on the edge of the area in space, but this time its he who lets the ball roll under his studs. 

30 minutes in. Shinnie has been MOTM, easily. 

We finally have a player who flies in to 50/50s - should never be dropped. I can't remember the last time we won a 50/50 before this game, and it makes such a huge difference.

Just now, Bob The Badger said:

It's difficult to understand why Shinnie hasn't played before now. Our best player at the moment. 

Just now, Ellafella said:

Shinnie playing a blinder. 

Amazing to see a player hungry for the ball and looking to pass forward. 

Martin plays poor pass to Bogle and another attack breaks down. A few seconds later Martin slaps himself in the face. I'm glad the cameras caught that.

Against Barnsley, he threw himself into the air after a bad start and was good afterwards. Will the slap have the same affect?

Just now, Nuwtfly said:

Shinnie having the game of this life, if the Radio is anything to go by.

I can't speak to how this performance compares to previous career performances for Shinnie - but he's definitely been our best player by a distance.

Might be eye opening for Cocu - he might not be technically gifted but based on this so far he has all the skills that you'd want in the perfect Championship player.

Archived