Luton Town (H) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

A Luton FK is well cleared. 

Jozefzoon lifts it for Paterson. Paterson knocks it around a Luton defender and the Derby players are off! 

He plays it across in front of Martin, who instead of shooting plays it back to Jozefzoon - except he overhits it and even sprinting and stretching Florian can't reach the ball. Expected Martin to hit it in all honesty.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

34 mins in. So far its okay, we look very controlled but a couple of concerns Josefzoon is absolute garbage, Martin keeps overhitting or misdirecitng passes and every time Malone gets the ball he slows it down and passes back? very odd but a few plus points too ... Bogle, Beliek & Shinnie playing very well so far.

You just know Zoom is going to score now I've wrote that LOL

Shinnie almost puts Jozefzoon away on the counter, but slightly overhits it. The ball gets called back for a foul on Shinnie. 

A new week and, again I ask, what on Earth does Josefzoon bring to the team?

Cocu must see something, maybe he’s like Messi in training or maybe he has compromising photos of the manager locked in a vault somewhere, but I just can’t see it.

I really don’t know why he doesn’t give this Mitchell-Lawson lad a game, he plays in the same role and surely can’t do any worse.

Good pass there from Bielik to start a Derby attack. Not the worst idea from Lawrence to try and touch it to martin but Martin has his back turned.

Derby come again; Jozefzoon almost put through again but the pass is blocked at the last moment. Derby recover and approach again but Malone's cross is deflected out for a Derby corner...

which is headed clear.

Great work from Lawrence to find Paterson neatly. His cross in though is just too high for Jozefzoon who made a good run to the near post.

Follow-up low cross from Bogle doesn't quite find it's target. Great challenge from Davies to snuff out a counter.

Just now, Birdyabroad said:

A new week and, again I ask, what on Earth does Josefzoon bring to the team?

Cocu must see something, maybe he’s like Messi in training or maybe he has compromising photos of the manager locked in a vault somewhere, but I just can’t see it.

I really don’t know why he doesn’t give this Mitchell-Lawson lad a game, he plays in the same role and surely can’t do any worse.

He has triangular boots on because every time the ball comes to him it pings off him in the wrong direction, has a woeful first touch, crap shot... I also dont know what he brings except pace. He had a header earlier which must have gone 15 yards wide of the goal.

2 minutes ago, Edinburgh ram said:

Josefzoon must be the best trainer in the world... how is he still in this team?

He's making great runs and stretching the Luton defense. Every ball to him has been misplaced, bar the one that went under his foot earlier.

2 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Saying Jozefzoon is Derby's worst player is so routine it's like saying 'I see Trump's lying again'

Our worst player in this half has been Chris Martin ?‍♂️

Not been awful; but been our worst. 

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Great work from Lawrence to find Paterson neatly. His cross in though is just too high for Jozefzoon who made a good run to the near post.

Follow-up low cross from Bogle doesn't quite find it's target. Great challenge from Davies to snuff out a counter.

It's not helping Jozefzoon if teammates can't pass the ball properly to him

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

Not been awful; but been our worst. 

Dunno, I reckon if we had a half decent player in place of Josefzoon, we’d have our second by now. 

Zzzzzz! Two very poor sides. Very lucky to be ahead. Football is soooo slow and pedestrian. Martin’s passing woeful. Jozefzoon useless. Lawrence peripheral. Roos shaky again. Shinnie excellent! Unless we pick up in the second half expect a disappointing outcome... 

Just now, SaintRam said:

Not been particularly bad; but been our worst. 

100% agree. Jozefzoon has been bad, but stuff is constantly breaking down with Martin. He looks slow and his control has been woeful.

I think with either Waghorn of Marriott in we'd be 2 or 3 up.

We have dominated and only up to an utter fluke.

Archived