Holiday plans 2020

Boycie

8 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Same. Well my flight out to Crete on 12th June is cancelled. No mention of my flight back on 26th!! 

My email didn't make mention of the flight back either, even though it's still in their blackout period.

I'm hoping it's just for clarity, and they're not going to claim I didn't board the incoming flight so am not entitled to a refund!

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

My email didn't make mention of the flight back either, even though it's still in their blackout period.

I'm hoping it's just for clarity, and they're not going to claim I didn't board the incoming flight so am not entitled to a refund!

You gonna reschedule? Or take the refund?

1 minute ago, Mostyn6 said:

You gonna reschedule? Or take the refund?

Refund every time.

Cancelled the hotel, they had a sneaky link that only offered a voucher for the deposit, but with 20% added and a guarantee that if you didn't use it by 2021 a refund and no price rises, and I couldn't bear to see the missus's face when I told her it was all off!

As for the flight, I'm waiting for them to contact me, but will push hard for the refund. 

I can see them declaring bankruptcy, then reforming to buy the bankrupt business and carry on as normal, with the legacy debts wiped out.

1 hour ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Refund every time.

Cancelled the hotel, they had a sneaky link that only offered a voucher for the deposit, but with 20% added and a guarantee that if you didn't use it by 2021 a refund and no price rises, and I couldn't bear to see the missus's face when I told her it was all off!

As for the flight, I'm waiting for them to contact me, but will push hard for the refund. 

I can see them declaring bankruptcy, then reforming to buy the bankrupt business and carry on as normal, with the legacy debts wiped out.

It may take longer and involve a lot more effort but you will be entitled to a refund and don’t (under current legislation) have to accept a voucher or reschedule so I understand.

Which airline is it? I can’t see the government allowing them to get away with the scenario you fear (unless it’s Leicester City Airlines).

Also, if they did go bump, if you paid by credit card I’m pretty sure you could claim through them.

Having said all that, I’d probably take the refund as I will when Virgin Atlantic inevitably cancel our flights on 30th May. 

25 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Had confirmation tonight that our flight to Florida with Virgin Atlantic on 30th May has been cancelled (no surprise).

So, holiday plans 2020 now officially NONE.

Tampa Bay, Tamworth.  Tamworth, Tampa Bay.  When you say them quickly there doesn’t seem too much difference.  Hope whatever you do you and the Mrs have lots of fun.

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

Tampa Bay, Tamworth.  Tamworth, Tampa Bay.  When you say them quickly there doesn’t seem too much difference.  Hope whatever you do you and the Mrs have lots of fun.

Tamworth has a castle, canals and a snow dome.

Why would he ever want to leave?

On 07/04/2020 at 22:48, Tamworthram said:

It may take longer and involve a lot more effort but you will be entitled to a refund and don’t (under current legislation) have to accept a voucher or reschedule so I understand.

Which airline is it? I can’t see the government allowing them to get away with the scenario you fear (unless it’s Leicester City Airlines).

Also, if they did go bump, if you paid by credit card I’m pretty sure you could claim through them.

Having said all that, I’d probably take the refund as I will when Virgin Atlantic inevitably cancel our flights on 30th May. 

Ryannair have been pushing the no charge re book option but surprisingly the flights later in the year all appear to be double the price.  O’Leary never misses a trick, bamford.  Anyway I re seis ted the generous offer and now they have moved to offering refunds and I have snapped their hands off.  That’s now 8 flights and 5 hotels where I have got full refunds.  Best savings plan I have ever had!

8 minutes ago, Spanish said:

Ryannair have been pushing the no charge re book option but surprisingly the flights later in the year all appear to be double the price.  O’Leary never misses a trick, bamford.  Anyway I re seis ted the generous offer and now they have moved to offering refunds and I have snapped their hands off.  That’s now 8 flights and 5 hotels where I have got full refunds.  Best savings plan I have ever had!

Yep. Whilst I have no desire to add to Virgin Atlantic’s problems, I’ll definitely be insisting on a refund. I can’t see the benefit of accepting a voucher for later in the year or next year it’s not as if they’re offering priority booking or rebook at the same price. We’ve had a theatre booking cancelled as well and the same applies there. Refund please.

I like the idea of viewing it as a savings plan (that’s essentially what I’ve said to my daughter who’s holiday to Jamaica has been cancelled). Some small consolation for us although I’d much rather have the holiday. This was going to be our first break away for two years due to my wife’s cancer. Hey how though. The most important thing is getting through this.

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

Yep. Whilst I have no desire to add to Virgin Atlantic’s problems, I’ll definitely be insisting on a refund. I can’t see the benefit of accepting a voucher for later in the year or next year it’s not as if they’re offering priority booking or rebook at the same price. We’ve had a theatre booking cancelled as well and the same applies there. Refund please.

I like the idea of viewing it as a savings plan (that’s essentially what I’ve said to my daughter who’s holiday to Jamaica has been cancelled). Some small consolation for us although I’d much rather have the holiday. This was going to be our first break away for two years due to my wife’s cancer. Hey how though. The most important thing is getting through this.

A few people I've spoke to are adding the refunds to next year's holiday, pushing the boat out and hoping for the holiday of a lifetime.

Let's hope next year things are back to normal.

My folks were doing a Med cruise later this month. Obviously got cancelled & they were offered a 25% discount on the same holiday next year if they agreed to re-book, so they did.

When they got confirmation of the booking and prices a few days later, guess how much the prices had gone up by?!

They're not paying any more than this year but it still comes across as a bit sneaky by the operator.

Sith Happens
11 minutes ago, Van Wolfie said:

My folks were doing a Med cruise later this month. Obviously got cancelled & they were offered a 25% discount on the same holiday next year if they agreed to re-book, so they did.

When they got confirmation of the booking and prices a few days later, guess how much the prices had gone up by?!

They're not paying any more than this year but it still comes across as a bit sneaky by the operator.

We had something similar. but under the circumstances im happy. In fairness i can see our holidays next year being more expensive, businesses are going to have to make up for the loss of income this year. That is unless people decide not to travel in great numbers then prices will be forced down.

59 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

A few people I've spoke to are adding the refunds to next year's holiday, pushing the boat out and hoping for the holiday of a lifetime.

Let's hope next year things are back to normal.

Yes, that’s what I’ve said to my daughter. It helps get over the disappointment of not going away this year.

I hate flying and very uncomfortable when the weather gets past 20c, So this last 5 years I've stayed in the UK, Booked a week in Ambleside(Lake District)in mid June, Got an email last week to say they were hoping for all to be clear by then so bookings still OK.

I book through Booking.com, I have until 3 days before to cancel and no penalty to pay...can't see the all clear by then ?

32 minutes ago, Malagaram said:

How can anyone in their right mind be thinking about and booking holidays,does anybody know when this corona virus is going to end.

Most people are talking about holidays they have already booked pre-C19!

I'm not holding out much hope for a foreign holiday this year, but I see Easyjet are saying they will leave the middle seat vacant to encourage people to fly.

33 minutes ago, Malagaram said:

How can anyone in their right mind be thinking about and booking holidays,does anybody know when this corona virus is going to end.

Just be patient folks,it will come good one day.

Stay safe,stay well

If anyone books now in the hope it will all have gone away, they may find their travel insurance doesn't cover the virus due to the FO advice (well, until the advice is lifted). 

1 hour ago, Malagaram said:

Just be patient folks,it will come good one day.

Stay safe,stay well

It's OK for you...looks like you're on holiday 24-7?

Archived