Holiday plans 2020

Boycie

I am thinking of spending a week in the spare room this summer. 

Not the biggest of accommodation but a slightly different view and a little cooler than my room. Not much journey time and I shouldn't get a dodgy stomach from the food and water. I may make up the samey feeling by speaking appalling French all week,  eating pastries for breakfast and watch Dunkirk whilst moaning bitterly.

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, sage said:

Not the biggest of accommodation but a slightly different view and a little cooler than my room. Not much journey time and I shouldn't get a dodgy stomach from the food and water. I may make up the samey feeling by speaking appalling French all week,  eating pastries for breakfast and watch Dunkirk whilst moaning bitterly.

I can come round stinking of garlic and sneer at you through the window if you like.

2 hours ago, sage said:

Bottles of Mont Des Cats on standby...

6 hours ago, Boycie said:

I can come round stinking of garlic and sneer at you through the window if you like.

You will be welcome at our house - we are enlightened, and appreciate those who socially distance from vampires.

I must be absolutely mad, booked some cheap flights to Fuerta Ventura with the in laws family for November. Got the tickets a month ago when they were dirt cheap.

Figure, I have travel insurance and even if I miss out its only 250 quid ?‍♂️ Free Accommodation through family.

Surely this will have blown over by then

11 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

I must be absolutely mad, booked some cheap flights to Fuerta Ventura with the in laws family for November. Got the tickets a month ago when they were dirt cheap.

Figure, I have travel insurance and even if I miss out its only 250 quid ?‍♂️ Free Accommodation through family.

November surely it will be back to some form of normality. I'm holding out hope that my holiday at the end of August isn't written off (yet).

3 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

November surely it will be back to some form of normality. I'm holding out hope that my holiday at the end of August isn't written off (yet).

Matt Hancock suggested this morning that we should all write off international travel this summer. 

53 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

I'm not shocked. I was hoping more than expecting.

Yeah me too. 

We have a holiday to Mexico booked for August but even if we could go, I'm not sure I'd like to spend 10 hours in a plane re-circulating other people's breath! 

1 hour ago, Red_Dawn said:

Surprised you booked to go abroad in November.  Isn't that usually around the time your lot win the league? 
I doubt your open top bus will make it to The Canary Islands.  Not in the state it's in! 

I'd prepare to be disappointed if I were you!

Oh... What's that?  You always do?  Fair play.  

1 hour ago, Red_Dawn said:

Are you sure your travel insurance will be valid if you booked the flights after the FO advice not to travel was issued? I’d doubt it unless the advice is lifted by then.

I also don’t think your insurance will cover you for travelling with the in laws ?. Not something I’d like to face.

25 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Yeah me too. 

We have a holiday to Mexico booked for August but even if we could go, I'm not sure I'd like to spend 10 hours in a plane re-circulating other people's breath! 

Yesterday, our flights to Florida were finally cancelled by a Virgin which, is a relief. At least we’ll now get a refund (eventually). Airport parking cancelled with no fee. Car hire through Alamo cancelled online with no fee. Just need to claim on the insurance for the villa. 

Still hope to maybe get away to France late August/early September.

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

Are you sure your travel insurance will be valid if you booked the flights after the FO advice not to travel was issued? I’d doubt it unless the advice is lifted by then.

I also don’t think your insurance will cover you for travelling with the in laws ?. Not something I’d like to face.

Not sure, although at the end of the day if I lose a couple hundred quid its not the end of the world.

11 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Surprised you booked to go abroad in November.  Isn't that usually around the time your lot win the league? 
I doubt your open top bus will make it to The Canary Islands.  Not in the state it's in! 

I'd prepare to be disappointed if I were you!

Oh... What's that?  You always do?  Fair play.  

November will be the East Midlands Derby playoff semi. You don't wanna miss that.

Actually, you will wanna miss it!

12 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Yesterday, our flights to Florida were finally cancelled by a Virgin which, is a relief. At least we’ll now get a refund (eventually). Airport parking cancelled with no fee. Car hire through Alamo cancelled online with no fee. Just need to claim on the insurance for the villa. 

Still hope to maybe get away to France late August/early September.

Bit surprised that they told you that they were a virgin. Perhaps they hadn’t made that sort of call before. 

13 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Matt Hancock suggested this morning that we should all write off international travel this summer. 

Perhaps that’s because he thinks we will all be dead?

Archived