Holiday plans 2020

Boycie

16 hours ago, Pastinaak said:

Anyone have any experience of Eurocamp type places? For some bizarre reason we want to take the dog on holiday this summer - Mrs P and the kids will fly while me and the dog will fire up the old lady and drive down to the South of France or wherever.

Any recommendations of dog friendly, Haveny, water parky, beachy french caravan site type places?

Not nice, not nice at all

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Pastinaak said:

Anyone have any experience of Eurocamp type places? For some bizarre reason we want to take the dog on holiday this summer - Mrs P and the kids will fly while me and the dog will fire up the old lady and drive down to the South of France or wherever.

Any recommendations of dog friendly, Haveny, water parky, beachy french caravan site type places?

Not beachy, and havent been but aware of this one ...le croix de point - its near Disney so could be good for the kids. 

Heading to Switzerland in March with a few pals. It's a confusing one because we are flying to Basel-Mulhouse-Freiburg which is in France, but walking distance from Switzerland and Germany. Guess it's like when East Midlands got called Nottingham East Midlands but had nothing to do with Nottingham. 

Anyway... staying in Basel for a long weekend. Saturday going to get the train to Lucerne to watch FC Luzern play Servette at the Swissporarena and then Sunday we will be seeing Basel v Sion at St. Jakob-Park. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Got a UK seaside break at the weekend, will we still be able to go? I'm not bothered about seeing anyone, just the sea!

But more worrying is our week in Crete in early/mid May...

You can forget about Crete. The FO has advised against travel to anywhere in the world for at least 30 days.

On 23/01/2020 at 20:06, Pastinaak said:

http://www.siblu.com/camping-la-reserve#village

Been here a lot with the kids when they were younger , about 20 minutes drive to the sea .Thought this might put me off but the lake and it's beach are fantastic.Used the be Keycamp  so check it's dog friendly now . 

16 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

True, I was thinking April. I still wouldn't be very confident. We're due to fly to Florida for three weeks on the 30th May. I doubt very much that we'll be going but, we live in hope.

Yeah, things changing quickly but mostly for the worst. It's the uncertainty really, can we go or can we get our money back...

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yeah, things changing quickly but mostly for the worst. It's the uncertainty really, can we go or can we get our money back...

I’ve got two weeks in Stalis booked, flying out on 12th June, in time for the Euros 2020. Can’t wait, it’s defo England’s year. 

So my Easter holiday to Portugal is not going to happen, also supposed to be going to Barcelona for a long weekend in June - also very unlikely

Croatia in August - I'm not banking on it

But this brings another issue - say life starts to return to normal in late Autumn? Everyone is going to have so much holiday to use up that we can take the rest of the year off!

10 days in Corfu end of May, leaving just after we beat F***** in the Play Off final.

Week in Cyprus early September, just after the pre season for this season's resumption starts.

This time next year, a few months in the Nottingham caves, leaving only during darkness to scavenge food while avoiding the Zombies. Probably.

Archived