Holiday plans 2020

Boycie

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, TramRam said:

As in Country side?

You City folk would struggle there, Far to quiet, My Son rented in Clapham and Willesden Green before buying in Enfield Wash, We'd visit 4/5 times a year, Often when Derby were playing away we'd go and watch Barnet at Underhill when down there.

London is far far to busy for me now, Even then I couldn't get to grips with it, He's now back in Derby with partner and kids, After the riots a few years back on the park across from his house there was 3 murders within a week, He'd had enough, He still works for the same company in London they're on Oxford Street, But now works from home.

Yeah.. The countryside is dangerous fella.. You could get attacked by a sheep. Where would you park your car as well. No multi-storey anywhere near.. Not for me.

9 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Yeah.. The countryside is dangerous fella.. You could get attacked by a sheep. Where would you park your car as well. No multi-storey anywhere near.. Not for me.

Any Rams fan worth his salt should be more than capable of knowing how to placate a marauding sheep!

Just sayin'

12 hours ago, TramRam said:

As in Country side?

You City folk would struggle there, Far to quiet, My Son rented in Clapham and Willesden Green before buying in Enfield Wash, We'd visit 4/5 times a year, Often when Derby were playing away we'd go and watch Barnet at Underhill when down there.

London is far far to busy for me now, Even then I couldn't get to grips with it, He's now back in Derby with partner and kids, After the riots a few years back on the park across from his house there was 3 murders within a week, He'd had enough, He still works for the same company in London they're on Oxford Street, But now works from home.

It’s funny that I’m the opposite. I was born in a little country town in central Queensland and have lived a fair bit of my life in small towns but loved living and working in London a few years ago. We would go back in a heartbeat if things lined up again.

28 minutes ago, Stagtime said:

It’s funny that I’m the opposite. I was born in a little country town in central Queensland and have lived a fair bit of my life in small towns but loved living and working in London a few years ago. We would go back in a heartbeat if things lined up again.

As I get older the more I like solitude, Had a life of people and more peole through social and worklife, I understand your desire, In Derby we have a pub called the Walkabout(or was, I think it's changing soon)There are South Africans and Australians who work/worked there and after talking to them they would do the same as you.

1 hour ago, Stagtime said:

Not Wolfcreek?

31 minutes ago, TramRam said:

As I get older the more I like solitude, Had a life of people and more peole through social and worklife, I understand your desire, In Derby we have a pub called the Walkabout(or was, I think it's changing soon)There are South Africans and Australians who work/worked there and after talking to them they would do the same as you.

I thinks it's called the local Walkabout once per day now.

48 minutes ago, TramRam said:

That’s the only pub I won’t go into. We really like the little bar at the back of The Old  Bell or tearing up the dance floor at Jorrocks.

6 minutes ago, Stagtime said:

That’s the only pub I won’t go into. We really like the little bar at the back of The Old  Bell or tearing up the dance floor at Jorrocks.

Had some good times in Jorrocks over the years, I could tell you some stories about the Old Bell and it's former owners, Their Father owns his own pub/restaraunt/brewery in Ingleby Derbys.

• 3 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

So, where are we going now? 

France suddenly seems a bit more appealing. Shorter flight, no quarantine on return. Plenty of space to wander round in. 

Is it just France, or anywhere in 'Europe' that you can return from via France?

58 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Is it just France, or anywhere in 'Europe' that you can return from via France?

Yes we were wondering that. We are due to go to Mexico in August. Could we, I wonder, avoid quarantine by returning via France? 

TBH I would be happy to anywhere outside of my home town for a holiday. I feel like I am in the Truman Show. 

5 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Yes we were wondering that. We are due to go to Mexico in August. Could we, I wonder, avoid quarantine by returning via France? 

TBH I would be happy to anywhere outside of my home town for a holiday. I feel like I am in the Truman Show. 

Using a multi-stop flight, your journey becomes Mexico-(France-)Blighty... the critical bit being you are arriving from Mexico.

Separate, non-connecting flights means you first fly Mexico to France.  On arrival in Blighty, the stats will simply show "Arriving from France".

Same journey, different outcome.   

That's my understanding, anyway!  ?‍♂️

Archived