Holiday plans 2020

Boycie

Finally decided to bite the bullet and cancel my family holiday to Tenerife. 

Would not bother me going abroad but having two youngish kids it would be a nightmare getting over there and finding out there was nothing to do.

Instead I've booked a break at Tattershall Lakes in Lincolnshire, grateful for reviews if anyone has been.

The pro is if it is rubbish its only a short drive home, the con is it has cost me more for a week in England than it would do for 2 weeks in Tenerife ?

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Would not bother me going abroad but having two youngish kids it would be a nightmare getting over there and finding out there was nothing to do.

Instead I've booked a break at Tattershall Lakes in Lincolnshire, grateful for reviews if anyone has been.

The pro is if it is rubbish its only a short drive home, the con is it has cost me more for a week in England than it would do for 2 weeks in Tenerife ?

A colleagues family have a lodge there.

He drives in and out on the same day for family get-togethers, if that helps.

2 hours ago, sage said:

I'm thinking of heading off to Loscoe next week.

I hear the river gardens are nice this time of year, but you need to get a spot on the steps early. The staff at the council house have a nasty habit of lying there beach towels over the sunnier spots before they clock on.

I've booked an all inclusive drinks from the Exeter Arms and McTurks delivery package.

10 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Been a couple of times very nice place 

Great for fishing 

5 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I hear the river gardens are nice this time of year, but you need to get a spot on the steps early. The staff at the council house have a nasty habit of lying there beach towels over the sunnier spots before they clock on.

I've booked an all inclusive drinks from the Exeter Arms and McTurks delivery package.

Tbf that sounds like a good package.

12 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

We're going there the last week in July. Been booked since Jan & have been assuming it would be cancelled but it now should be fine. It looks like most of the facilities will be operating - with restrictions, obviously. This will be our first visit but have heard lots of good things about it.

Also booked the first camping trip of the year in a couple of weeks to Sacrewell Farm, just of the A1 near Stamford.

4 hours ago, Van Wolfie said:

We're going there the last week in July. Been booked since Jan & have been assuming it would be cancelled but it now should be fine. It looks like most of the facilities will be operating - with restrictions, obviously. This will be our first visit but have heard lots of good things about it.

Also booked the first camping trip of the year in a couple of weeks to Sacrewell Farm, just of the A1 near Stamford.

Look forward to your holiday report although unfortunately it will come just after I have had to pay, so even if it is a dump just make some good stories up please. 

A fair number of favourable reviews Tattershall Lakes on line.

...Mine isn't one of them, unfortunately, but clearly caught them at a bad time!  We turned around and left after half an hour on site!  LOL!

At least they held their hands up and acknowledged that they had failed us (and others), and we got a swift and full refund!

As long as you aren't on the touring/camping site, arriving on an Easter Bank holiday Friday, after a night of "a few showers", you should be fine!  

18 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

If it's half as good as the radio advert, you'll be happy.

Lincolnshire folks who listen to Lincs FM will understand what I mean.

TATTERSHALL! - LAKES! - WATER! - PARK!

18 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

The pub just outside tatershall lakes is great for food. Theres also tattershal farm which depending on age of children is good. You can feed the animals and it's quite reasonable. 

Wood hall spa is just round the corner and they have a cinema in the woods which is really good too.

Were off on our staycation to Golden Cap in Dorset on Saturday,  after the planned trip to France in late August was deferred by the property owner. 

Thankfully those pesky heatwave are out of the way so looking forward to some bracing westerlies and chilly drizzle.

The only unknown is whether we can rebook the brittany ferry (all paid for) from Portsmouth to caen. So might lose 400 quid or so. They are due to be opening up for 2021 bookings in July so Mrs VdM is on the case.

Well, just had my cancellation email - I'm not going to Greece at the end of August as the airline is running reduced flights, and mine has been cancelled. Applying for moving it to 2021. Will look at an alternative self-drive to the wife's family in Poland if we're not prevented from travelling.

18 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Well, just had my cancellation email - I'm not going to Greece at the end of August as the airline is running reduced flights, and mine has been cancelled. Applying for moving it to 2021. Will look at an alternative self-drive to the wife's family in Poland if we're not prevented from travelling.

Which airline if you dont mind me asking ?

Archived