Holiday plans 2020

Boycie

On 01/06/2020 at 22:01, Van der MoodHoover said:

We've come to an arrangement with our Airbnb owner in France to defer until next year  so hoping our favourite spot in Dorset will be available for a staycation. 

The weekend break in belper is still on in mid July tho......

There won't be any pubs open but a few are still mooing at 6.30

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just rearranged my main English holiday for this year to 2021.

Last year, we stayed a week in Mevagissey at the smallest hotel you could imagine - the Little Cornish B&B can accommodate just 2 couples in the most lovely surroundings, 50 yards from the harbour. It was utterly luxurious, and was simply the best holiday we have ever had.

The proprietor emailed me an hour ago to say that they are closing down for the whole of 2020, but hope to re-open next spring. Rather than go through the rigmarole of cancelling, getting a refund then going through the hassle of making another booking next year, we have instructed them to just fix us up for an 8-day stay whenever they can fit us in during any period from late June through August next year.

We have to go back. When we unpacked after returning home last year, we discovered that we had inadvertently packed one of their coat-hangers.

• 3 weeks later...

We may have a weekend in Chester towards the autumn (we were originally going before Easter, but the lockdown scuppered that), but nothing else planned. To tell the truth, I'm not bothered - we have a daily Belgian or German hour, usually in the garden, but today we might have our beer cheering on Huddersfield against the Gumps.

18 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Plans for 2020? Continue to hassle Virgin Atlantic for our refund.

They now reckon on 120 days. 

My refund from UK based booking is said to be 45days after the end of cancelled holiday date, which means, hopefully, this coming wednesday. With baited breath, i wait.. 

11 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

Are the bar stewards still advertising and selling flights/holidays? It's a bloody disgrace.

Yep. The worse thing is, the 120 days doesn't necessarily start counting when you request a refund. It seems to start when your request actually reaches a handler. So, you could be in a queue just to get in the queue.

20 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Yep. The worse thing is, the 120 days doesn't necessarily start counting when you request a refund. It seems to start when your request actually reaches a handler. So, you could be in a queue just to get in the queue.

So like others, they are breaking the law plain and simple.

Try not paying your credit card bill for 4 months and see if you can get away with it, (tip, you won't).

It'll not get any better with this crowd in government either.

14 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

Try not paying your credit card bill for 4 months and see if you can get away with it, (tip, you won't).

The law is in place - the fact that companies are not complying is solely down to them and their scruples.

25 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

Let's not turn it into a political debate, leave that for the politics thread.

Archived