Holiday plans 2020

Boycie

14 hours ago, David said:

Average 24c apparently, I can handle that, the flying has me a little on edge. Paid the upgrade for extra legroom, picked out seats at the front to make it easier. 

Few drinks on the train up to Manchester Airport and I’ll feel like superman again and offer to fly plane myself ?

Well, front row seats as a risk in my eyes because if the plane nose dives and crashes from 30k feet in the air, you’ve got a lot higher chance of being killed sitting at the front.

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Well, front row seats as a risk in my eyes because if the plane nose dives and crashes from 30k feet in the air, you’ve got a lot higher chance of being killed sitting at the front.

This is very true.  We always pay extra to choose the seats towards the back.  I've done a fair bit of research on this precise topic over the years, and nowhere can I find evidence of a plane reversing into a mountain! ?

19 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Air travel is safer than being on the road, more likely to get ploughed into and taken out in your own personal tin can by another driver that has zero awareness and a heavy right foot. 

I could watch a plane crash film whilst on the plane and would have no fear of crashing, my anxiety of flying is the having no control not being able to get out when I like.....but nice try ?

1 minute ago, David said:

Air travel is safer than being on the road, more likely to get ploughed into and taken out in your own personal tin can by another driver that has zero awareness and a heavy right foot. 

I could watch a plane crash film whilst on the plane and would have no fear of crashing, my anxiety of flying is the having no control not being able to get out when I like.....but nice try ?

You can get out when you like though, someone opened a door mid flight the other year and a few nipped out for a final fag.

22 hours ago, FindernRam said:

Thanks for that. That's actually the plan! Railway museum first then lunch then 'her indoors' gets to pick afternoon jaunt as long as it doesn't include shopping. Thought if it was wet might try Jorvik but I guess you have to book in advance.

You'll never do the Railway Museum in half a day. Takes a full day at least and then you'll want to pop back again just to check over a few things that you missed. ???

31 minutes ago, Boycie said:

You could look at it as you would definitely die sat at the front, where as nearer the back you would more likely end up with life changing injuries like losing limbs. Also if your not near a door and a fire breaks out you most certainly will burn alive.

If you hit turbulence and the wings snap off you could just come down either way.

Well we are going to Portugal on Sunday morning for 2 weeks. However we have booked (an extra insurance flight) for Saturday just in case quarantine restrictions come in place prior to that flight. Not really happy if it does as I would still need to quarantine at home for 2 weeks, but at least one of the weeks we are "on holiday" from work so only a real issue for the second week. At a cost of several hundred pounds which hopefully i will not have to use ??

1 hour ago, Hathersage Ram said:

Well we are going to Portugal on Sunday morning for 2 weeks. However we have booked (an extra insurance flight) for Saturday just in case quarantine restrictions come in place prior to that flight. Not really happy if it does as I would still need to quarantine at home for 2 weeks, but at least one of the weeks we are "on holiday" from work so only a real issue for the second week. At a cost of several hundred pounds which hopefully i will not have to use ??

whichever flight you don't use you should be able to claim back taxes on if you cancel it.

it's a tough decision isn't it,  we were due to go France this past week.  I'm able to wfh and self isolate so in theory we could still have gone,  however the owners of the accommodation would only give a refund if we made a decision after the government announced the restrictions.

I wasn't prepared to take the risk that France wouldn't reciprocate leaving me unable to travel anyway and out of pocket 

think any travel abroad right now is a bit of a gamble 

Im currently at East Mids airport drinking a pint of San Miguel. Only cost me £5.75! 

Might need to start a gofundme page if I want another pint. 

in fact, if anyone wants to buy me a beer, log on to the castle rock app and send one to table 158! You have til 1:30pm ?

https://hmshostint.preoday.com/EMA/Castle-Rock-Tap-Room-Kitchen#/main/venue/menu/outlets

3 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Im currently at East Mids airport drinking a pint of San Miguel. Only cost me £5.75! 

Might need to start a gofundme page if I want another pint. 

in fact, if anyone wants to buy me a beer, log on to the castle rock app and send one to table 158! You have til 1:30pm ?

https://hmshostint.preoday.com/EMA/Castle-Rock-Tap-Room-Kitchen#/main/venue/menu/outlets

hopefully on it's way fella,  have a great time 

Just now, Paul71 said:

hopefully on it's way fella,  have a great time 

? brilliant. Literally just arrived. Great gesture as i was tongue in cheek when posted. Having seen posts on social media where someone is in a Wetherspoons and get jugs of gravy and pots of mushy peas sent to them! ?

Just now, Mostyn6 said:

? brilliant. Literally just arrived. Great gesture as i was tongue in cheek when posted. Having seen posts on social media where someone is in a Wetherspoons and get jugs of gravy and pots of mushy peas sent to them! ?

no worries,  enjoy your holiday,  still jealous mind. 

4 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Should be on their way in the next 5 minutes.

1 minute ago, JoetheRam said:

You've dodged a bullet... the app wouldn't let me select such items. Did consider the Kids Pizza but the joke wasn't worth the £7 airport price.

you could have sent a fruit shoot over, @DarkFruitsRam7would have been well jel.

Archived