Barnsley (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Duracell said:

It’s progress

Definitely. The ending is so frustratingly Derby, but it shouldn't override all the good play we saw tonight.

Bielik looked a man mountain in midfield in the second half, and put in some brilliant tackles.

Lowe and Bogle look like the answer at fullback, it's so good to have Bogle back. 

Paterson is starting to prove himself and causing teams trouble at the back. 

Martin is back scoring goals, and looking more and more like 2014 Martin with each game.

Our overall play was pretty fluid, on a different day we score a few more of our chances and we all feel differently about the game, but it certainly wasn't a bad showing.

Just now, Ken Tram said:

I didn't remember seeing Waghorn mentioned much, if at all, while following on the thread.

Someone said that Lawrence contributed to both goals : truth or sarcasm? 

He was fouled for the penalty and I think... 3 passes back in the build up for the first. Nowt remarkable, but technically accurate.

I thought he was pants, personally.

Am I the only one that enjoyed the game?

Every set piece caused us problems but other than that our only problem from 15mins onwards was figuring out how to pick out the player in wide open space with just a keeper to beat. 

The highlights were;

Paterson and Martin. Very exciting partnership down the middle

Bielik is a defensive midfielder. He tracks runners and shields the defence. He has moments of crap amongst his superb play. Good player and I wasn't unhappy to see the back of Huddz. Shame about circumstances though

Lowe and the brilliant Bogle. Young, a touch naive but good. Bogle is better than good

The switching of positions between players makes me think they're understanding their roles.

The bad?

Roos. Refuses to catch anything he can't protect with his chest. Barnsley targeted him. A keeper that can't catch?!?! Why?

Waghorn, first touch of Connor Sammon. Terrible terrible first touch. Plenty of graft and he's always there to try and help but not very good quality

The game management. Sooo many counter attacks wasted by over excitement. Did the hard stuff easy and the easy stuff hard. 

Fun game. Derby with very little composure.

Martin and Paterson! ?

8 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

We should have buried some of the chances we had but our defending & goal keeping at times is Sunday League at best 

Have we got a defensive coach? Also wondering what Given does all week with Roos because it ain’t practising catching balls into the box!

I counted about 10 separate times in that second half that Derby advanced into Barnsley's half outnumbering them. I can only recall a single time that situation resulted in a shot.

That's ducking absymal. 

Waghorn again and again, can't control it, can't win a corner, can't defend it in attack or defence, he can't hold it up, can't win ball fairly, takes an eternity to shoot, someone stick a rocket up his behind to wake him up, he caused the Birmingham penalty and again tonight has put his side needlessly on the back foot again to concede late on. He's as frustrating as TL. We should have scored a third and killed the game off, by making the correct decisions, plenty of chances there, but lazy final balls, we should have kept the ball longer in Barnsley's half and seen the game out, but yet again we shoot ourselves in the foot. And everyone of us saw it happening again.

Same old lack of intelligence, by the same players, roll on January.

Just now, Alpha said:

Am I the only one that enjoyed the game?

Every set piece caused us problems but other than that our only problem from 15mins onwards was figuring out how to pick out the player in wide open space with just a keeper to beat. 

The highlights were;

Paterson and Martin. Very exciting partnership down the middle

Bielik is a defensive midfielder. He tracks runners and shields the defence. He has moments of crap amongst his superb play. Good player and I wasn't unhappy to see the back of Huddz. Shame about circumstances though

Lowe and the brilliant Bogle. Young, a touch naive but good. Bogle is better than good

The switching of positions between players makes me think they're understanding their roles.

The bad?

Roos. Refuses to catch anything he can't protect with his chest. Barnsley targeted him. A keeper that can't catch?!?! Why?

Waghorn, first touch of Connor Sammon. Terrible terrible first touch. Plenty of graft and he's always there to try and help but not very good quality

The game management. Sooo many counter attacks wasted by over excitement. Did the hard stuff easy and the easy stuff hard. 

Fun game. Derby with very little composure.

Martin and Paterson! ?

I enjoyed it; but that doesn't necessarily speak to the quality of it. Just the openness of it. 

Cocu made his subs way too late, we were dead on our feet with 20mins to go, would have been perfect for Jozefzoom or Bennett on the counter. Final ball was shocking, should have been 3 or 4 up before their late goal.

Positives - Martin 3 in 3, 4 unbeaten & Bogle back playing 90mins

Bloody typical Roos makes our defenders nervous as he just doesn’t collect anything can’t believe Carson was sent on loan! Had so many chances to win that bloody hurts supporting Derby

Lawrence and Bennett should never of been near that squad tonight 

Archived