Barnsley (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

8 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I've not seen anything as I refused to give the club money when the teamsheet was released. Has Cocu been asked why our best finisher wasn't even on the bench? If you don't play people with the ability to score goals you're not likely to take chances when they come around. If Marriott's injured that's bad news. If he was dropped from the 18 that's even worse!

Marriott is injured, but what the **** does Shinnie have to do to get in the squad? Has he upset Cocu? To not even make the squad after the two clowns mid week actions must be so soul crushing for him. For the drunkards to be picked over him just baffles me.

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, atherstoneram said:

The only reason we created a fair few chances going forward was because of the opposition, Barnsley made us look better than we were

Possibly to an extent, but I’d still say we played some excellent one touch football that we haven’t seen most the season.

Just now, rammieib said:

I thought it was slightly painful. Barnsley were truly awful from the minute their defence stood still to let Martin in.

Our lack of quality to kill it off hurt us. So many chances but the final ball/second final ball was just bad.

Roos must have something on Cocu...

I thought Birmingham was a step in the right direction and I at least thought tonight we would have come away with the points until we let a guy walk in unmarked to receive a corner whilst a Derby player just stands there doing what??? (Not sure who)

Oh don't get me wrong, Waghorn, Roos and some of the others didn't have a good night. But I'm talking about the general pattern of play. I think it was pretty good. A lot of poor decisions in the final third, but isn't that the nature of being a Championship team? The fact that we're creating chances now is a step in the right direction. 

The goals are both poor ones to concede, but I thought as a whole over the 90 we were good.

I said at the start of the season I didn't care if we poo housed twenty 1-0 wins, as long as we win .  No-one seemed to agree. Bet they would love a bit of Billy Davies discipline now .  Absolute shower.  Tactically naïve is an understatement - nothing up top for 20 minutes with essentially four wide players against a team most pub sides would beat.  Also, when can we get Carson back as we have a volleyball player in goal .

1 minute ago, NottsRam77 said:

Are we ???

genuine question ?

Tony gale said we were dreadful first 20-30 mins and Barnsley should have been out of sight 

we cannot defend pure and simple 

2 tonight, 2 Saturday , 3 against Brentford , 3 against forest 

u defend as a team , so that goes as far as Waggy not getting it under, Lawrence giving it away, Huddlestone getting turned, Malone out of position every bit as much as Roos ( current scapegoat) flapping at it 

I’m still pretty worried about which way our seasaw of a season is going to go 

teams that concede with such ease as us achieve very very little ... or worse 

Tony Gale (who only presuming is the sky bloke) said Barnsley were asking questions if Derby in the first half when they finally got into our half after five minutes of nothing play around the half way line from both teams.

One thing I’ve learnt is to completely ignore what Tony Gale says.

16 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

As a team, we are getting better. We are getting there in a footballing sense.

But individuals cannot continue to make these basic, basic errors. It's so frustrating. Roos, Waghorn - I'm looking at you!

One step forward and Two steps back I’m afraid. I don’t see any real improvement and still there is a lack of balance to the team in midfield. Our ‘wingers’ do not create or cross. I’d rather give Holmes a game out wide at the moment.  

Any half decent team would have opened us up. The players are very subdued. That worries me as much as the performance 

1 minute ago, TuffLuff said:

Tony Gale (who only presuming is the sky bloke) said Barnsley were asking questions if Derby in the first half when they finally got into our half after five minutes of nothing play around the half way line from both teams.

One thing I’ve learnt is to completely ignore what Tony Gale says.

The clear cut keeper to beat tap in looked quite a good chance to me ? 

He also said we were overplaying and getting ourselves into all sorts of trouble 

that doesn’t sound like us ... must be a different Derby county lol

So, so many situations where we could have wrapped it up with a the right pass or the right quality second half.

Then a complete switch off at a corner. 2 points thrown away. Some positives though. Chris Martin making us tick. Bogle back. midfield looking creatively.

If you want the reason why we didn’t clean them up 2nd half - decision making, Huddlestone doesn’t get injured, we win that game well..... some of the rushed panic in the final third tonight defies belief. Hudds would have controlled that 2nd half against a young Barnsley team.

He gets a lot of stick, but the decision making would have been ten fold better if he was on 

Frustrating but encouraging. 

Lawrence and Bennett received a mixed reception, but the applause probably edged out the boos, particularly in the case of the former (he didn’t have to come on as a sub). They looked suitably solemn when applauding the fans.

Clarke and Bielik looked much better, especially when the latter moved into midfield. Paterson was fantastic, yet again.

The main thing to come out of tonight is the conclusion that Chris Martin is well and truly back.

Seriously grumpy, still it’s a point away from home. All to play for on Saturday 

the only thing I can think of is that the Lawrence and Bennett thing was the club attempting to be supportive. It’s their decision , not sure if I agree but there we go. 

I only followed text commentary so how we played ? I can’t comment. Flipping frustrating though. Another few seconds and we would have been looking at 2 on the bounce and all smiles. Football bloody hell 

bring on Luton 

Massively frustrating. Can’t believe how bad we look defensively at times but also were inches away with the final pass from scoring another 3 or 4. Definitely 2 points dropped but positives are we look like scoring now at least. 

Bielik has to play midfield 

Holmes is too lightweight and careless in possession at times but can create chances.

Martin - good goal but mixed bag, careless in possession at times.

Paterson was our best player and looks a decent signing, hope we can keep him for the season.

Roos is the worst keeper we’ve had since Roy Carroll.

A win against Luton on Saturday and it’s been a decent week.

Apparently Lawrence was crying as he went down the tunnel. 

I must say i’ve judged him a lot unfairly, but for our own fans to bring a player to tears after all the poo hes been through, his mental state is obviously way off. Come on lads, I know its frustrating but back the players when your at the ground.

16 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Really? I quite enjoyed it. Some of the defending was poor, and that made it very open and probably more watchable. Wouldn't you say it's a step in the right direction from some of our previous performances? I personally think it was a good step in the right direction in terms of performance.

Once we had scored I think I saw the nucleus of something to work on. However we haven't the players to do what Cocu wants and I my opinion we wouldn't have been much better last year. (Mount aside)

9 minutes ago, Sexydadbod said:

Why? Because he’s going through a very difficult time or because they find it funny? Oh my heart bleeds, maybe he should have paid attention to the drink driving course he was at.

Seems a stretch to suggest you know what their motivation was, also that you're so keen to believe that your fellow Rams fans are the kind of people who find drink driving funny. Seen literally zero evidence of that on here but you know best I guess ?‍♀️

1 minute ago, jake the ram said:

Relegation who the hell are worse than us.stoke they hammered us ?????

Absolute nonsense. We're far too good for that and won't finish close to the relegation zone. Stoke did not hammer us at all, we should have won that game. I don't know how you took that from tonight, our all round play was much improved.

2 minutes ago, Squid said:

Apparently Lawrence was crying as he went down the tunnel. 

I must say i’ve judged him a lot unfairly, but for our own fans to bring a player to tears after all the poo hes been through, his mental state is obviously way off. Come on lads, I know its frustrating but back the players when your at the ground.

The fans were fine with him tonight. Genuinely.

Archived