Barnsley (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

13 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

How do you know they are endorsing drink driving? They're just showing the lad some love FFS!

They are professional footballers ffs,showing the lads some love my arse, let their families show them some love,they mean nothing to me apart from playing for a team i support. They have let the board, their team mates, the manager and the fans down, they will move on and other players come in but i won't love them. I expect them to play to the best of their abilities and act in a professional manner.

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

The clear cut keeper to beat tap in looked quite a good chance to me ? 

He also said we were overplaying and getting ourselves into all sorts of trouble 

that doesn’t sound like us ... must be a different Derby county lol

You mean the Davies header, right?

Im not saying he’s not correct in some of his assessments, but we weren’t exactly terrible in that first 20 we just played our way into the game. Then for 50-60 minutes we were largely in control. In fairness to him he’s not exactly going to say ‘Derby are steadily improving in their games and it’s a work in progress for Cocu right now’ like a fan watching week in/out may see it.

3 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

On tonight’s evidence we’re not bad enough to go down. But we sure as hell ain’t going up with this defence.

This isn't necessarily aimed at you, but if you thought we had a chance of going up this season to begin with, then you haven't been paying attention.

8 minutes ago, Squid said:

That’s good then mate, We just need to care about the wellbeing of our players, yes theyve ducked up but still

Exactly. Most of their internal punishment will have come in the days following the incident. As long as they’re remorseful and willing to better themselves (only Cocu et al will know this) then there’s no point in punishing them for the sake of punishing them. Let’s move on.

Bennett got a bit more stick but that was because he was subbed on. More applause than boos though. 

From today until the court case, I won’t be treating them differently to any other player. Hopefully that will remain the state of play after the case.

As soon as I saw their set up for the corner from which they scored, I thought not enough marking, melee coming up, probably going to be a goal. Unfortunately I was right. We should have dominated this game and got a third goal. We look short of players good enough to make a big impact and a style of play that we could enforce on the stronger teams. Need four players at Xmas plus Rooney.

1 minute ago, Squid said:

That’s good then mate, We just need to care about the wellbeing of our players, yes theyve ducked up but still

They need to care about their own well being first. They willingly risked their own and others lives just over a week ago, but we should feel sorry for them because they're upset by a few boos? 

3 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

This isn't necessarily aimed at you, but if you thought we had a chance of going up this season to begin with, then you haven't been paying attention.

No I didn’t, just making a point to those who think we do. Still doesn’t change the fact that our defence is like a sieve leaking everything through  

Let's be honest - Barnsley look a very poor side and on the evidence of tonight must be favourites to go down (hopefully with Stoke). We played some decent stuff going forward, particularly in the 2nd half but I lost count of the number of sloppy final balls which could and should have given us at least another couple of goals.

Roos needs to be taken out of the side until he improves his command of the 6 yard box - it seems obvious the defence lacks confidence with any high ball into the goalmouth and a hesitant keeper makes their uncertainty far worse.

Terrible miss by Davies in the first half.

6 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

They need to care about their own well being first. They willingly risked their own and others lives just over a week ago, but we should feel sorry for them because they're upset by a few boos? 

I doubt Lawrence was crying over the odd boo. I imagine it was more about the last few days, weeks and months catching up with him. 

You can despise them for what they’ve done, but they’re still human, and seeing another human cry (if true) after a terrible mistake is not nice.

4 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Pretty sure it was a Barnsley fan. I might be wrong but he seemed to come from the home stand.

Oh aye mate, sorry I should have added that I felt he was put in a vulnerable position on what was already going to be a tough night for him.

2 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Careful what you say, you will turn the snowflakes back to drink again. I need counselling the fans are booing me. You reap what you sow.

Archived