Barnsley (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We looked pretty good going forward, Paterson looks a real handful, Martin is scoring goals again, and we put together some decent moves, but we HAVE to take our chances and kill teams off when it's impossible for us to defend a corner. 2 points dropped yet again. Poor. 

Frustrating result. We should have been a lot more clinical on the counter attack. Breaking at pace dull of reckless passes and trying to overcomplicate the situation. Our players trying to thread the nice ball through to someone else but resulting at the feet of a Barnsley defender.

Barnsley were wide open as they over committed on the attack and we didn't capitalise.

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

I think I’m justified in saying this is our worst defence since the early cloudy days. They truly are awful

The problem is that we haven't got a midfield, so there is no cover.

Too many of our players lack quality.

The Derby way. Didn’t understand the change of Martin off for Knight, having someone to hold the ball is a must. Feels to me as if Knight is thrown on in games for no other reason that being a “youth” player. 

Waghorn was terrible and losses the ball 99% of the time. Holmes still needs to find his consistency as he looked off it tonight.

Best players were Bielik and Paterson hands down. 

Need to find a secure defence ASAP and need to kill games off we had multiple chances to put the game out of sight but just a lack of quality again. 

Such a bloody annoying result. Yes we looked better but another damn draw. Should be winning these games in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Well look, we can all agree it was a controversial decision to play Lawrence and Bennett but at least they came in and really made a difference today. Fair play.

Lawrence was awful, this was the perfect game to utilise Jozefzoon. 

Archived