Barnsley (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, therealhantsram said:

Huddlestone has done his Hamstring according to Cocu. 

He managed to walk off so hopefully it not too bad, but I'd expect home to be out for at least a month. 

Keogh and Huddlestone out

Cocu has a job on his hand

6 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

They need to care about their own well being first. They willingly risked their own and others lives just over a week ago, but we should feel sorry for them because they're upset by a few boos? 

No mate. I understand your points, but that isn’t what I meant. 

We all don’t know the story behind it, and until the court and club make the decisions we wont.

What I was referring to is the fact that Tom is clearly battling mental health issues, possibly depression and if it is depression then we all know that can duck you up.

When going through a dark state after a drink or two you sometimes make stupid decisions, I’ve been there, many people I know have, and it’s not a nice place to be in.

I am not condoning his actions, however he needs support and help, whatever he is going through.

As for Mason, i have genuinely nothing to say.

2 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I doubt Lawrence was crying over the odd boo. I imagine it was more about the last few days, weeks and months catching up with him. 

You can despise them for what they’ve done, but they’re still human, and seeing another human cry (if true) after a terrible mistake is not nice.

I've seen nothing about them crying other than Squid's post on here and I would have thought it'd be all over Twitter by now if either of them had been spotted in tears.

I'm happy with the booing .... sure it's not nice to see someone upset (if he even was), but how else can fans get across the seemingly universal opinion that it was an absolute disgrace they were involved tonight? The club is just in an awful place at the minute and it's doing itself no favours on improving that.

2 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

I've seen nothing about them crying other than Squid's post on here and I would have thought it'd be all over Twitter by now if either of them had been spotted in tears.

I’ve seen a few posts on facebook regarding it, not saying its 100% legit but i dont see why people would lie about it

4 minutes ago, Squid said:

No mate. I understand your points, but that isn’t what I meant. 

We all don’t know the story behind it, and until the court and club make the decisions we wont.

What I was referring to is the fact that Tom is clearly battling mental health issues, possibly depression and if it is depression then we all know that can duck you up.

When going through a dark state after a drink or two you sometimes make stupid decisions, I’ve been there, many people I know have, and it’s not a nice place to be in.

I am not condoning his actions, however he needs support and help, whatever he is going through.

As for Mason, i have genuinely nothing to say.

"We all don’t know the story behind it, and until the court and club make the decisions we wont." Exactly! That's why most people expected him and Mason to remain out of the team until it was all sorted with the courts.

If he is indeed suffering with mental health issues he needs to remain as far away from what will now be a very hostile environment (the football pitch) until that's sorted. We know he lost his Mum and the fans gave him a lot of support through those tough times, but that certainly doesn't excuse his actions. I'm just really, really disappointed with the club today. 

24 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

They are professional footballers ffs,showing the lads some love my arse, let their families show them some love,they mean nothing to me apart from playing for a team i support. They have let the board, their team mates, the manager and the fans down, they will move on and other players come in but i won't love them. I expect them to play to the best of their abilities and act in a professional manner.

Whoah there matey! I'm not talking about love like that for a partner or child mate! Nor have I said anywhere that they have not let folk down. The point I was trying to make was that fans showing a bit of support for the lad does not necessarily mean they condone drink driving. No idea why you feel the need to be ranting at me anyway pal. For the record, when folk say they love Chrissy Martin, or any other player for that matter, it's just a figure of speech! Find it pretty odd that this needs explaining tbh!

32 minutes ago, Squid said:

Apparently Lawrence was crying as he went down the tunnel. 

I must say i’ve judged him a lot unfairly, but for our own fans to bring a player to tears after all the poo hes been through, his mental state is obviously way off. Come on lads, I know its frustrating but back the players when your at the ground.

How long do we have to walk on eggshells around Lawrence then? We're already told we can't criticise his performance, now he can't be criticised for breaking the law.

Losing a parent is awful, but if he isn't in the correct frame of mind then he should be on compassionate leave, not on the pitch.

2 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

If he is indeed suffering with mental health issues he needs to remain as far away from what will now be a very hostile environment (the football pitch) until that's sorted. We know he lost his Mum and the fans gave him a lot of support through those tough times, but that certainly doesn't excuse his actions. I'm just really, really disappointed with the club today. 

1 minute ago, Anon said:

Losing a parent is awful, but if he isn't in the correct frame of mind then he should be on compassionate leave, not on the pitch.

I completely agree with you both, he shouldn’t be playing if it is the case.

2 hours ago, Grumpy Git said:

Dina Asher-Smith has just won the World 200m gold, get-in girl.

Have been avoiding Twitter all night so I don't spoil watching the athletics when I get home from the match. Thought I would be safe on a dcfc match thread. ???

42 minutes ago, Squid said:

Apparently Lawrence was crying as he went down the tunnel. 

I must say i’ve judged him a lot unfairly, but for our own fans to bring a player to tears after all the poo hes been through, his mental state is obviously way off. Come on lads, I know its frustrating but back the players when your at the ground.

If you seriously think it was because of booing, then surely you must blame Cocu for playing him when not emotionally ready? Was always going to get a hostile reception and he will need to deal with it every week from the away fans.

42 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Absolute nonsense. We're far too good for that and won't finish close to the relegation zone. Stoke did not hammer us at all, we should have won that game. I don't know how you took that from tonight, our all round play was much improved.

We are not far too good to go down. Just think there are probably three more dire teams. I would snap you hands off now to take a 16th place finish with this squad

My speculation on the ? from Lawrence (even if it's a thing) is probably nothing to do with booing and more to do with the emotions of "my life isn't over after all". 

He'll have to take his punishment from club and court, and personally I would've kept them both out for now, but perhaps it was a moment he needed to "be right".

Or he might just be a snowflake or a massive Bamford... I don't really know.

I wonder how Jozefzoon feels, being dropped for the winger who nearly killed the club captain? 

He didn't play amazing against Birmingham, but certainly didn't deserve to be dropped.

And then Bennett made it onto the pitch before him.

Inspired man management from Cocu...

6 minutes ago, GrimsbyRam said:

We are not far too good to go down. Just think there are probably three more dire teams. I would snap you hands off now to take a 16th place finish with this squad

I think we are. Huddersfield, Stoke, Barnsley, Luton, Reading etc, plenty of teams significantly worse than us. I think we'll get a positive result at the weekend, if we win that it'll be 7/9.

1 hour ago, atherstoneram said:

But they are not members of your family,let their families give them the support same as you would to yours, to me they are just players and in that context don't deserve my support

This is what pissed me off before the game more than anything. The lack lustre start didn’t get me down. The selection didn’t get me down. It’s these ‘fans’. 

Mason Bennett is one of our own, just like Keogh is a legend. Stupid mistakes don’t change that. 

Lawrence I’m a bit indifferent to me. But as long as they’re pulling on the rams shirt, they are my family, and they’ve all got my support. 

Archived