Barnsley (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

6 minutes ago, Sexydadbod said:

Yeah he didn’t because of pure sheer luck. The point is he easily could have, yet some fans are singing his name and endorsing it? 

No ones endorsing anything. They’re showing support to a Derby county player. 

If a member of my family did something stupid like that, I wouldn’t just drop them, and never want to speak to them again. I’d tell them how disappointed I am in them and then give them all my support. 

did he run over your dog or something?

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Waghorn again and again, can't control it, can't win a corner, can't defend it in attack or defence, he can't hold it up, can't win ball fairly, takes an eternity to shoot, someone stick a rocket up his behind to wake him up, he caused the Birmingham penalty and again tonight has put his side needlessly on the back foot again to concede late on. He's as frustrating as TL. We should have scored a third and killed the game off, by making the correct decisions, plenty of chances there, but lazy final balls, we should have kept the ball longer in Barnsley's half and seen the game out, but yet again we shoot ourselves in the foot. And everyone of us saw it happening again.

Same old lack of intelligence, by the same players, roll on January.

Have to say I agree, when he has the ball near goal 9 times out of 10 it feels like he will miss and it's frustrating. Hard worker, not the best quality as you say.

The final ball on the break tonight was absolutely shocking. Mind you, in general we cant hit a barn door anyway. Not too long before they scored at the end what the heck was Waghorn doing with his powder puff attempt? Barnsley are nothing more than a harem-scarum league 1 side and we just didn't have enough energy or ability to play through them.

2 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I'm really busy at the minute with work and my baby daughter and it's so tempting to just check out of football for a bit. Results like this and the drink driving nonsense dont help. The club are making it hard for me to give a toss right now.

Good fun game though with lots of great football in amongst the careless crap.

Martin and Paterson look very promising together. Paterson doesn't strut around in that number 10 role admiring the game. He's ready for Bielik to eat up the ball and spit it out. If Martin stands a 1% chance of laying it off then Paterson is on it. 

Waghorn was a pain in the arse and between his first touch and the "shot" at the end I think he had a fiver on Barnsley

Well at times  I thought we looked the best I’d seen us play...Bielik, Lowe, Bogle I thought were very good. Lawrence had a pretty good game as did Huddlestone until he got injured. The point to me was we tired, which I think is part of certain players bedding in and others coming back from injuries. But still, as they battled more in the last 20 we fell back into ourselves a bit. We are steadily improving, but the key thing now is a performance over 90 minutes rather than 60.

The Knight substitution was the wrong one tactically, it essentially gave them the midfield and we lost an attacking threat. Would have been a perfect opportunity for Shinnie just to give us some bite.

We look woeful at defending set pieces though, the last one was especially a mess.

...The Barnsley stewards are pretty bad ain’t they?

3 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Waghorn again and again, can't control it, can't win a corner, can't defend it in attack or defence, he can't hold it up, can't win ball fairly, takes an eternity to shoot, someone stick a rocket up his behind to wake him up, he caused the Birmingham penalty and again tonight has put his side needlessly on the back foot again to concede late on. 

First thing in the morning I’m commissioning a T shirt with this slogan.??

11 minutes ago, Sexydadbod said:

Yeah he didn’t because of pure sheer luck. The point is he easily could have, yet some fans are singing his name and endorsing it? 

How do you know they are endorsing drink driving? They're just showing the lad some love FFS!

2 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

No ones endorsing anything. They’re showing support to a Derby county player. 

If a member of my family did something stupid like that, I wouldn’t just drop them, and never want to speak to them again. I’d tell them how disappointed I am in them and then give them all my support. 

did he run over your dog or something?

But they are not members of your family,let their families give them the support same as you would to yours, to me they are just players and in that context don't deserve my support

Archived