Lawrence and Bennett Convicted of drink driving

alexxxxx
Message added by Day

May I remind members of the forum terms of use and prohibited content - Personal insults/profanity towards other members, players, staff, media or anyone connected to Derby County Football Club.

Also please do not use this forum to create or further spread unverified rumours from social media on the incident.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

It gets slightly worse. Footage has come out of Bennett being sick due to how drunk he was. The person seemingly recording the footage whilst giggling along with it? New captain Tom Huddlestone (I'm pretty sure)

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/Derby-star-mason-bennett-filmed-20271300

Errr..more than slightly worse...

Definitely not one or two quiet drinks over dinner and a slightly risky drive home by a couple of players...

A major piss-up sanctioned and indulged in by lots of major players and then just jumping in the car knowing how drunk they were. 

Speechless.

6 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

It gets slightly worse. Footage has come out of Bennett being sick due to how drunk he was. The person seemingly recording the footage whilst giggling along with it? New captain Tom Huddlestone (I'm pretty sure)

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/Derby-star-mason-bennett-filmed-20271300

Unbelievable. 'Professional' footballer. Just terminate his contract now. Huddlestone is a prat for filming and posting on snapchat as well. What a mess. 

Almost making me not want to bother going for the rest of the season this. Don’t want to see people like this representing our club. Think the club is being far too lenient on players who were there but not driving. Should’ve shown more responsibility in their position. Don’t want anyone involved playing for us again, but that doesn’t seem to be the action being taken. Extremely disappointed.

Makes me sick having to “support” people like this at a football match. Not sure I can bring myself to do it. Don’t think I’ve ever hated my own team before, but it’s getting that way.

11 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

For me, this takes it beyond any doubt just how stupid and irresponsible this is and I think I'd be more frustrated if Bennett remained at the club than anything else.

Just now, Millenniumram said:

Almost making me not want to bother going for the rest of the season this. Don’t want to see people like this representing our club. Think the club is being far too lenient on players who were there but not driving. Should’ve shown more responsibility in their position. Don’t want anyone involved playing for us again, but that doesn’t seem to be the action being taken. Extremely disappointed.

Makes me sick having to “support” people like this at a football match. Not sure I can bring myself to do it. Don’t think I’ve ever hated my own team before, but it’s getting that way.

Im with you.

Its horrific. 

Sack them.

In defence of Huddlestone he may not have known of the later catastrophe when he posted this. Just because he filmed it does not mean he was involved.

If he was then sack him.

Just now, Sexydadbod said:

No ducking surprise Bennett crashed his car when he was in that state. What on earth was he thinking.

He should serve time.

Just now, Paul71 said:

Im with you.

Its horrific. 

Sack them.

Indeed, I’d sack each and every one of them and clean the dressing room out of this culture. No wonder we’ve struggled if this is the charectar in the dressing room. Disgraceful, brings shame on the club and ruins it for the fans who pay their money to support these players. 

I don’t want to see anyone who was there after 8pm on the team sheet. If they are, they won’t be getting an ounce of support from me.

2 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Unbelievable. 'Professional' footballer. Just terminate his contract now. Huddlestone is a prat for filming and posting on snapchat as well. What a mess. 

In the 2nd clip filming Mason sat drinking at the table you can hear Chris Martin talking as well. Not quite sure who it is that shouts, "go on then Bitto (?)," but I'm pretty sure it isn't Keogh, Lawrence or Huddlestone. So there's at least 5 other players seeing Bennett in a bad way and still the incident was allowed to happen. I'm sure more news will come out in the coming days on the other players involved and things will only get worse 

Archived