EFL order independent valuation of Pride Park

SuperDerbySuperRams

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

You see i knew i had heard it.

If its true surely that's more worthy of investigation than what we have done.

Have you seen Forest's ground? If they are paying £1 a year, they are being ripped off.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apologies if someone's already written this but having just read the DET which quotes in full the EFL brief to Jonathan Taylor QC (another Taylor report.....) who is leading the review, there is absolutely nothing that even hints of the sale of our ground to Mel being examined. There's certainly no mention of any other valuation or an examination of the valuation put upon it or anything as remotely specific.  You would really have to stretch your interpretation of the review's boundaries to include either issue - accepting that QCs leading enquiries have been known to stretch the original briefs that they were given.

The brief appears to be mostly about Bury, the lessons that can be learnt and then a second phase where the review will focus on the effectiveness of the EFL’s regulations and procedures in ensuring the financial sustainability of EFL Clubs. It then has to go to the EFL clubs themselves for discussion and agreement (or disagreement).

On what we know so far there is fat chance of this having any negative effect on us or Mel or anyone connected with us

I see the article in the Mail has been updated this afternoon. 

Theyve decided to put a picture of the manager in the article and said 'Phillip Cocu's Derby have started the season in poor fashion and sit in 19th place'. 

Its a shame the picture is of the Brentford manager.........

Fingers on the pulse, eh? 

23 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

Apologies if someone's already written this but having just read the DET which quotes in full the EFL brief to Jonathan Taylor QC (another Taylor report.....) who is leading the review, there is absolutely nothing that even hints of the sale of our ground to Mel being examined. There's certainly no mention of any other valuation or an examination of the valuation put upon it or anything as remotely specific.  You would really have to stretch your interpretation of the review's boundaries to include either issue - accepting that QCs leading enquiries have been known to stretch the original briefs that they were given.

The brief appears to be mostly about Bury, the lessons that can be learnt and then a second phase where the review will focus on the effectiveness of the EFL’s regulations and procedures in ensuring the financial sustainability of EFL Clubs. It then has to go to the EFL clubs themselves for discussion and agreement (or disagreement).

On what we know so far there is fat chance of this having any negative effect on us or Mel or anyone connected with us

Hi I think the Taylor review is a general look at the FFP system following the Bury issue. The Derby / Villa will be by the FFP oversight panel.

1 hour ago, NottsRam77 said:

Jesus if Forest pay a rent for that poo hole I’m giving my garden shed a lick of paint and putting it out to tender lol

And Welcome to, from the 2020 season onwards, the new home of Notts Forst, NottsRam77s Shed.

A club statement read:

"Notts Forest are delighted to announce that from the 2020 season onwards our home games will be played in a new venue befitting of our famous club. The NottsRam77 Shed will offer all members of the forest family a significantly improved match day experience. The club have decided against installing plumbing as we know hygienic facilities confuse and enrage our supporters and the catering experience will no longer involve fighting over the last pie as kenny burns will eat them in the centre circle prior to kick off. The club would also like to strenuously deny that the move from city ground is in no way related to rent arrears with the council"

3 minutes ago, TomG said:

Anything, including Pride Park, is only worth what anyone is prepared to pay for it!  So this witch hunt is really quite pointless!

Unless the EFA wish to make an example of us.

I remember Luton were docked 30 points for something to do with finances, the same season (or next), West Ham were found guilty of cheating, playing an ineligible player which cost Sheff United a place in the prem, did West Ham get docked 30 points? No, fined 10 million pound, 10 million!! 

So not only did West Ham get away with it, the people at the top got a nice fat 10 million to share between them to share out, a back hander you could call it.

And seeing as poor old West Ham had to give up 10 million pound, we compensated them by giving them the Olympic stadium.

Corrupt, the lot of them.

27 minutes ago, David said:

An extract from the above article:

"The Midlands club have also told Sky Sports News they believe the cost of that independent review into their stadium and others will be a six-figure sum and something all 24 Championship clubs will be expected to share, which has also been met with concern from at least one other Championship club"

Firstly, I know professional valuations aren't cheap but, "a six figure sum" seems crazy to me.

Secondly, If it's an independent valuation commissioned by the EFL then surely the EFL should be footing the bill. 

11 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

"The Midlands club have also told Sky Sports News they believe the cost of that independent review into their stadium and others will be a six-figure sum and something all 24 Championship clubs will be expected to share, which has also been met with concern from at least one other Championship club"

Firstly, I know professional valuations aren't cheap but, "a six figure sum" seems crazy to me.

Secondly, If it's an independent valuation commissioned by the EFL then surely the EFL should be footing the bill. 

Please be Boro and/or Leeds ?

21 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

What would they do if the championship teams refused to pay for it? There isn't a great deal they can do unless they just decide to fine a few teams for breaking FFP or whatever.

They are reviewing all of their rules with an independent body as well after they completely failed with Bury - are we going to have to pay for that as well?

Archived