EFL order independent valuation of Pride Park

SuperDerbySuperRams

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Alpha said:

It's got thirty bedrooms, plenty of toilets, 3 huge walk in wardrobes (one may be removed in January), several kitchens, off road parking, close to city centre and a very large garden and walking distance to the local amenities of Alvaston.

ftfy ?

15 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

An extract from the above article:

"The Midlands club have also told Sky Sports News they believe the cost of that independent review into their stadium and others will be a six-figure sum and something all 24 Championship clubs will be expected to share, which has also been met with concern from at least one other Championship club"

Firstly, I know professional valuations aren't cheap but, "a six figure sum" seems crazy to me.

Secondly, If it's an independent valuation commissioned by the EFL then surely the EFL should be footing the bill. 

Am I missing something here? We have already had an independent valuation carried out, why dont the EFL just ask for sight of that instead of wasting money having it done again.

If they think the report has been manipulated then report whomever carried out the report to their regulatory body.

I have a feeling that this might end badly for us. I also think the EFL are going to need to be careful because if they are querying the rent we pay then where does it stop? Every single club will need to be investigated.

On a separate issue, When Leeds United pay the money back to all the small businesses that went down because of monies never repaid when they went into administration, then one of them can pipe up and put his two penneth in. Otherwise shut the fudge up. Same for Leicester City who are even worse in my eyes-go into admin to get rid of debt and then start again. Tossers. All the money rolling around that club-I wonder how the plenty of people owed money by them feel about that now. And West Ham can do one as well, as another poster says. Getting a brand new stadium paid for by the taxpayer and then paying a nominal rent. I literally have no idea how Conservative party life peer  Karen Brady managed to pull that deal off, it really is a mystery. 

Meanwhile let’s focus on Derby who found a loophole and exploited it. Tossers. 

15 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

I have a feeling that this might end badly for us. I also think the EFL are going to need to be careful because if they are querying the rent we pay then where does it stop? Every single club will need to be investigated.

On a separate issue, When Leeds United pay the money back to all the small businesses that went down because of monies never repaid when they went into administration, then one of them can pipe up and put his two penneth in. Otherwise shut the fudge up. Same for Leicester City who are even worse in my eyes-go into admin to get rid of debt and then start again. Tossers. All the money rolling around that club-I wonder how the plenty of people owed money by them feel about that now. And West Ham can do one as well, as another poster says. Getting a brand new stadium paid for by the taxpayer and then paying a nominal rent. I literally have no idea how Conservative party life peer  Karen Brady managed to pull that deal off, it really is a mystery. 

Absolutely agree. I despise Lineker for his gloating part in all that in Leicester. Small businesses trampled underfoot, the caterers, cleaners etc who had to stomach the losses while they rose from the ashes and laughed about it. It’s disgusting 

31 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

It costs the tax payer more a year to maintain it than west ham pay in rent.

Leeds did exactly the same when they got relegated from the premier league,  and then bought it back but still not in leeds name so can't tell me thats not exploited some loop hole.

16 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

Absolutely agree. I despise Lineker for his gloating part in all that in Leicester. Small businesses trampled underfoot, the caterers, cleaners etc who had to stomach the losses while they rose from the ashes and laughed about it. It’s disgusting 

It's down to Leicester that clubs get their point deductions because they went into administration and still got promoted,  how can that be right?  Surely the administrators should have sold their assets (players) before ripping off people like the stadium builders who had to write off millions.

4 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

£14.6m was a financial year profit (17/18)

The c£80m sale of the stadium gave us c£40m profit on the stadium. 

Thanks G of C. How anyone could ever dream of doubting Mel beats me. What a guy... Where in the world would we be without Mel.

11 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Am I missing something here? We have already had an independent valuation carried out, why dont the EFL just ask for sight of that instead of wasting money having it done again.

If they think the report has been manipulated then report whomever carried out the report to their regulatory body.

Maybe they're doubting the validity of our own independent valuation but can't actually say whoever did the valuation manipulated it, as you say, or overvalued the stadium until they've got another one themselves. They couldn't take action purely based on a suspicion or allegation that it was overvalued - they would need evidence.

46 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Maybe they're doubting the validity of our own independent valuation but can't actually say whoever did the valuation manipulated it, as you say, or overvalued the stadium until they've got another one themselves. They couldn't take action purely based on a suspicion or allegation that it was overvalued - they would need evidence.

I'd have thought that have better uses for their time and money than questioning professionals work. Maybe if they had professionals working for them we would have seen Bury go bust and Bolton hanging on by their fingernails!

3 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

I'd have thought that have better uses for their time and money than questioning professionals work. Maybe if they had professionals working for them we would have seen Bury go bust and Bolton hanging on by their fingernails!

Perhaps we are seen as Scapegoats ?    I hope not , but maybe they are looking to deflect criticism of their ineptitude over the Bury scenario and see us as an easy target. I think they would be opening a can of worms should they decide we are guilty of flouting FFP "rules" ....Leeds, Forest, Villa etc watch your backs , there may be a Sh/T storm brewing .....just sayin. 

On 07/09/2019 at 19:06, Wignall12 said:

Perhaps we are seen as Scapegoats ?    I hope not , but maybe they are looking to deflect criticism of their ineptitude over the Bury scenario and see us as an easy target. I think they would be opening a can of worms should they decide we are guilty of flouting FFP "rules" ....Leeds, Forest, Villa etc watch your backs , there may be a Sh/T storm brewing .....just sayin. 

I imagine if we're severely punished the EFL will be receiving quite a lot of challenge from Mel, who fights his corner, particularly regarding behaviours of other clubs setting precedents (and so on) I don't think MM will be in the mood to "just suck it up"

Archived