EFL order independent valuation of Pride Park

SuperDerbySuperRams

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

surprised to read this in that paper- The bamford gazette. 

14 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I'm sure I listened to Mel explaining on talksport about the valuation and there did seem to be a few "hypothetical"/"planned" schemes which would increase the value (based on being a viable stadium venue all year year round with roof and during the season when other grounds couldn't host events) - which might end up being arguing over a few million quid on the FFPs which is one issue. The other issue was it a legal move to make under governance rules and I thought it had been established it was as things stood at the time?

Either way, the Derby shouldn't have nice things perception from our national media will no doubt be dripping off every word printed.

If you sold your house/property with planning permission to build or even the possibility of extending/ changing it to be something different, then it could be worth more.  Hypothetical or planned schemes can still affect a valuation.  In that interview Mel made a strong case for wanting to use the stadium far more than it is already being used and talked about some of the practical issues that had to be overcome - pitch and weather prime amongst them. That would rightly affect the potential value of the asset owned by the football club 

He also said very clearly that it had been independently valued before the deal went through.  In the circumstances - the ground being sold by the owner of the club to another company owned by the same person - that would be a minimum requirement.  I would guess therefore that the only way that the EFL could complain would be if another independent valuer puts a significantly different (lower or higher) valuation on it, because we've already established that doing what Mel did is/was within the rules.  The only winners if the valuation is different will be the lawyers

2 hours ago, RamNut said:

Totally correct decision, but no idea why it has taken this long.

Presumably the league has been forced into it.

The correct decision  for the EFL, who have overseen the demise or Bury and Bolton, to investigate a independent property valuation?

Dont make me laugh. They couldn't run a piss up in a brewery.

Let them go to war with Mel & co, much rather them than me. I think the football league is losing site of what FFP and P&S were brought in to achieve though. It wasn't to level the playing field, that's a load of baalocks, it was to ensure clubs don't go bust. Derby County were able to announce a profit last season, no doubt paying for that profit with the tax man. We sold our ground for that luxury. 

I highly doubt anything will come of it - it just strikes of them looking busy. 

8 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Let them go to war with Mel & co, much rather them than me. I think the football league is losing site of what FFP and P&S were brought in to achieve though. It wasn't to level the playing field, that's a load of baalocks, it was to ensure clubs don't go bust. Derby County were able to announce a profit last season, no doubt paying for that profit with the tax man. We sold our ground for that luxury. 

I highly doubt anything will come of it - it just strikes of them looking busy. 

It was brought in to try and stop teams attending the top table uninvited, simple as that.

The EFL and the Premier League do not give a monkeys about its members, just the money it can extract from them.

Don’t care what they value it at. Mel bought it for what Mel bought it for. Of course it’s a loophole in the rules, and one that should not be closed up- but we (and others) exploited it while it was there, not our fault it existed. Tough poo to the league imo. The whole FFP thing is ******** imo and should be scrapped anyway, and replaced by a scheme that prevents bury situations rather than stopping owners investing in their own teams. Would think even if they do for some reason find us guilty of breaking some law that it’ll be a fine and nothing else hopefully, so we should be ok.

10 hours ago, The Orange Pimpernel said:

This is the EFL trying to down value our stadium to the extent of forcing us into retrospective non compliance of FFP. This will then mean they can slap a transfer ban on us and thus save face with the Rooney deal. 

Rooney deal is signed so irrelevant 

8 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

If the EFL want someone to blame for this then it’s only themselves they can do.... you leave a loophole, it’s gets exploited, simple as. We’ve done nothing legally wrong as far as I can see.

Are the EFL looking for someone to blame ? From what I have read they are seeking an independent valuation of PP to ensure the value that has been put on it, is realistic.

I would assume only if there is a considerable difference would they investigate why.

I’ve been a Derby fan for decades and these backroom stories pop up with boring regularity. 

Right now though they’re killing my fandom. I’m fed up with the petty Leeds/Boro finger pointing. It’s stupid ‘teacher! Aaaar look what he did’ kind of school playground nonsense. I didn’t agree with the spy gate and of course it had to be Derby in the centre of it, it all seemed to turn out to be our fault for complaining.  I’m not proud of the Rooney circus being attached to my club either, being financially incentivised by a betting company isn’t great in my eyes. The Rooney 32 shirt is just a step too far. 

Ok I’m getting on a bit and will be called prehistoric I suppose but I am fed up with it all. I go and watch non league on days when Derby are away and watch some football where the game is at the centre of it not the off the field crap. They play Saturday and midweek and do full time jobs too. Yet you can’t ask Derby players to play a cup and a league match in a week without ‘overplaying’ them. Pfft! 

I thought the EFL already signed off on all of this when we submitted our P&S report(s) to them. In the worst case scenario of them lowering the 'value' of the stadium and in turn the profit we achieved, I can't see them going back and penalising us for past season(s), and maybe not even the current one. It may however, alter what we can spend in future seasons

Archived