Sign in to follow this  
SuperDerbySuperRams

EFL order independent valuation of Pride Park

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

Amazing isnt it that people moan about us using our stadium as an asset yet the country pays for West ham to play in their stadium.

How much do clubs like forest pay to rent their grounds? Should this be investigated to?

Yes I find that West Ham arrangement annoying to say the least. 

I'm telling ya, this is all part of the plan, the EFL will value the stadium at 40 million, we will be fined so heavily we will be forced into administration, the club will go into liquidation, the name of our club will be changed to Derby Cownty and we move to a new stadium built at Moor Farm...

Meanwhile all the players will move to the newly formed Derby Cownty, except for Dowell! Viola, loan cancelled, he is none the wiser and we carry on like nothing happened....

Away to Shepshed Dynamo.

I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed, but in the 2008 accounts (under Tangible fixed assets) the stadium was valued at £55m - on 11 December 2007 by King Sturge LLP.

With the work done since then, is the sale price over 10 years later that hard to believe?

Let them investigate. 

If there are no skeletons then theres nothing to worry about. 

We gave them abuse for turning a blind eye to Bolton and Bury, so we cant slag them off for actually looking into something at another member club.  

1 hour ago, angieram said:

It does mention Wednesday and Reading in the small print but the article is definitely written as a swipe at Derby. 

I don’t know who that guy is but I notice another £15k per week has been added to Rooney's salary from the quite preposterous amounts being quoted in the Rooney thread. Next time we read about it he'll be on £115k per week.

Wait until Rooney signs...... they’ll be more I can guarantee it......

heard that a really wierd bloke with a Middlesbrough accent handcuffed himself outside the EFL HQ on strike screaming for Derby to be investigated

13 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I'm telling ya, this is all part of the plan, the EFL will value the stadium at 40 million, we will be fined so heavily we will be forced into administration, the club will go into liquidation, the name of our club will be changed to Derby Cownty and we move to a new stadium built at Moor Farm...

Meanwhile all the players will move to the newly formed Derby Cownty, except for Dowell! Viola, loan cancelled, he is none the wiser and we carry on like nothing happened....

Away to Shepshed Dynamo.

Who's this Viola? Has he been injured?

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

Leeds can only claim the moral highground when they pay back all the companies they ripped off by going into administration.

Elland Road is owned by Greenfield Investment Pte Ltd, the parent company. When it's under the ownership of Leeds United Football Club Ltd then maybe Radrizzani can take the moral highground on this issue.

Good on the EFL for investigating this.

Shame they couldn’t investigate clubs like Bury who were clearly on the brink of the abyss. Complete incompetent halfwits. Too busy worrying about clubs like us who are financially stable...... seriously who runs these organisations? If they’re that bothered about the valuation of a football ground, they can quite easily start looking at these dodgy owners who aren’t keeping their clubs in the black.

So who do they think valued it in the first place? Mel didnt just pull the figure out of the air - it was already valued by an independent party. As far as i'm concerned norhing to worry about here.

21 minutes ago, SouthStandDan said:

Good on the EFL for investigating this.

Shame they couldn’t investigate clubs like Bury who were clearly on the brink of the abyss. Complete incompetent halfwits. Too busy worrying about clubs like us who are financially stable...... seriously who runs these organisations? If they’re that bothered about the valuation of a football ground, they can quite easily start looking at these dodgy owners who aren’t keeping their clubs in the black.

Spot on.  The whole reason Mel had to find a 'loophole' is the ridiculousness of rules which penalise financially sound clubs while doing nothing to solve the problems of clubs with real financial problems.  As with most rules of this nature, this is a sensible and trying to deal with it is well-meaning (the path to hell being paved with good intentions 'n all that).  Great idea in principle, but largely flawed insofar as it actually creates and maintains an imbalance that stops clubs with owners willing to invest from investing - thus the gap between the biggest clubs and everybody else widens (and forces clubs to look for ways to address it).  Oh, and guess what, clubs like Bury and Bolton still get deep into the poo.  What has happened to these two clubs should lead the EFL to review the rules, but that review would probably only lead to more draconian restrictions on trade.  

More to the point, considering FFP was designed to stop clubs getting into financial difficulties, why should the league care if DCFC sold its most valuable asset in order to be financially sustainable?  Isn't that a good thing?  It clearly hasn't saddled the club with debt, so they should probably just keep their noses out.

Edited by LazloW

I'm sure I listened to Mel explaining on talksport about the valuation and there did seem to be a few "hypothetical"/"planned" schemes which would increase the value (based on being a viable stadium venue all year year round with roof and during the season when other grounds couldn't host events) - which might end up being arguing over a few million quid on the FFPs which is one issue. The other issue was it a legal move to make under governance rules and I thought it had been established it was as things stood at the time?

Either way, the Derby shouldn't have nice things perception from our national media will no doubt be dripping off every word printed.