EFL order independent valuation of Pride Park

SuperDerbySuperRams

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

simplest solution. Pay for everything IN FULL and UP FRONT.

Sign a player on a three year contract, put the full 3 years worth of wages in escrow account.

Buy a player? Pay in full, not instalments and put aside all clauses and add-ons so you don't spend them.

Any money put into the club can never be a loan.

Job done, easy.

I'd love to know how to valuate the stadium in Derby? What precedent are the using for the valuation? Valuing a house is one thing as there are plenty for sale in an area and you can do a comparison in size, location, condition, property features etc. But there is no other 33k stadium in the Derby area, so there is no market valuation for that type of property. At the end of the day, a property is worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

Lets do some numbers. The new Tottenham stadium has cost £1billion. It has a seating capacity of 62,062 making the cost per seat £16,112. According to Zoopla, the average house price in Tottenham is £409,140 and the average house price in Derby is £207,923. This makes property 1.9677 times more expensive in Tottenham. Based on that ratio, the cost per seat in Derby should be £8,188. Derby has a capacity of 33,597, so the valuation of the stadium is £275,100,301 (£275 million). 

Mel has ripped us off ?

Leeds owner sticking his oar in:

Championship rivals have accused Derby of breaching FFP with Leeds United owner Andrea Radrizzani arguing that Derby should have faced sanctions.

“We should revisit the rules,” said Radrizzani at the Financial Times' business of football summit.

"We were judged as a cheating club when we sent a scout to watch [Derby] training, so they should take a similar view on what I would say is greater cheating by these clubs.

"For me if it’s cheating to send a scout in a public street, what should be the punishment of selling the stadium to a sister company to increase income of the clubs?"

https://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/reading-fc-reportedly-set-efl-16868897

So ermmm...you just admitted in the press that 'we' as in Leeds sent a scout to watch Derby train, yet at the time 'you' as a club denied any knowledge and claimed it was all down to Bielsa.

Think maybe the EFL should re-visit that one then maybe.

43 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

simplest solution. Pay for everything IN FULL and UP FRONT.

Sign a player on a three year contract, put the full 3 years worth of wages in escrow account.

Buy a player? Pay in full, not instalments and put aside all clauses and add-ons so you don't spend them.

Any money put into the club can never be a loan.

Job done, easy.

Great idea - £100,000 player becomes a massive signing again ? I like it 

10 minutes ago, Squid said:

I reckon we'll get points deducted and thats it, won't be more than -9.

We wont. It will open up a huge can of worms.

What about other clubs who don't own grounds like Forest ? What rent do they pay the council? Is it comparable to the ongoing costs of leasing a stadium?

Also what about clubs who's owners sponsor either the club or an area of he ground?

For example forest again when Fawaz sponsored the club.

If they do anything they are saying each club should have a level playing field when day to day costs are involved, so if we can't lease the ground from another company (regardless of the ownership) then all other clubs should have their own ground in their own name. And also each club should not inject money into the club unless its from 100% external sources.

Likewise dealings between clubs that the owner has a stake in, i.e forest again, if they have had dealings with olympiacos then these should also be investigated.

57 minutes ago, Big Bad Bob said:

I'd love to know how to valuate the stadium in Derby? What precedent are the using for the valuation? Valuing a house is one thing as there are plenty for sale in an area and you can do a comparison in size, location, condition, property features etc. But there is no other 33k stadium in the Derby area, so there is no market valuation for that type of property. At the end of the day, a property is worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

Lets do some numbers. The new Tottenham stadium has cost £1billion. It has a seating capacity of 62,062 making the cost per seat £16,112. According to Zoopla, the average house price in Tottenham is £409,140 and the average house price in Derby is £207,923. This makes property 1.9677 times more expensive in Tottenham. Based on that ratio, the cost per seat in Derby should be £8,188. Derby has a capacity of 33,597, so the valuation of the stadium is £275,100,301 (£275 million). 

Mel has ripped us off ?

He rips off who he likes, he rips off who he likes.....

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

Championship rivals have accused Derby of breaching FFP with Leeds United owner Andrea Radrizzani arguing that Derby should have faced sanctions.

“We should revisit the rules,” said Radrizzani at the Financial Times' business of football summit.

"We were judged as a cheating club when we sent a scout to watch [Derby] training, so they should take a similar view on what I would say is greater cheating by these clubs.

"For me if it’s cheating to send a scout in a public street, what should be the punishment of selling the stadium to a sister company to increase income of the clubs?"

https://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/reading-fc-reportedly-set-efl-16868897

So ermmm...you just admitted in the press that 'we' as in Leeds sent a scout to watch Derby train, yet at the time 'you' as a club denied any knowledge and claimed it was all down to Bielsa.

The EFL were the ones who removed the part of the rules that prevented stadium sales to help ffp in the first place. Its not cheating if the rules aren't broken. If the EFL do close this loophole they will just be admitting their own incompetence.

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

What about other clubs who don't own grounds like Forest ? What rent do they pay the council? Is it comparable to the ongoing costs of leasing a stadium?

Also what about clubs who's owners sponsor either the club or an area of he ground?

If they do anything they are saying each club should have a level playing field when day to day costs are involved, so if we can't lease the ground from another company (regardless of the ownership) then all other clubs should have their own ground in their own name. And also each club should not inject money into the club unless its from 100% external sources.

Likewise dealings between clubs that the owner has a stake in, i.e forest again, if they have had dealings with olympiacos then these should also be investigated.

Whilst we're at it - if the EFL truly want a fair competition for everyone we should just remove parachute payments entirely. Just add that money to the solidarity payments every team in the efl recieves.

2 hours ago, Boycie said:

What if it’s valued at more than 80million?

half of Mel will be pee’d off he could of got more money, and the other half will be thinking he’s pulled his own pants down.

If it's valued at more than £80m, HMRC will probably demand he pays Derby County the unpaid amount. So we'll get more income ? 

2 hours ago, Paul71 said:

And the Italians are world-renowned for obeying rules ….. NOT ??

The key issue here is the valuation of the property and I can't believe Messrs Morris and Pearce would have messed this up.

If they got the valuation right, how can there ever be any censure or punishment for selling something for what it is worth, regardless of who it is sold to?

Selling the stadium just converts an unrealised profit (not recognised in the accounts) to a realised profit (which is recognised in the accounts) - a legitimate business practice. If such profits are not expressly excluded by the FFP rules then that profit will count as income for FFP purposes for the financial year in which it is realised.

Gibson and Radrizzani are only whining because they weren't smart enough to come up with the idea themselves.

With the self-financing Rooney deal as well, I make that Mel 2, Gibson & Radrizzani 0

20 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Time to start negotiations on a breakaway league Mel. I reckon Bury and Bolton may be interested for a kick-off. 

We can restart the league with the same founding members. It means we will lose the New Fa Cup 6-0 to Bury and have to wait 90 years to win the league. 

1 hour ago, OohMartWright said:

And the Italians are world-renowned for obeying rules ….. NOT ??

The key issue here is the valuation of the property and I can't believe Messrs Morris and Pearce would have messed this up.

If they got the valuation right, how can there ever be any censure or punishment for selling something for what it is worth, regardless of who it is sold to?

Selling the stadium just converts an unrealised profit (not recognised in the accounts) to a realised profit (which is recognised in the accounts) - a legitimate business practice. If such profits are not expressly excluded by the FFP rules then that profit will count as income for FFP purposes for the financial year in which it is realised.

Gibson and Radrizzani are only whining because they weren't smart enough to come up with the idea themselves.

With the self-financing Rooney deal as well, I make that Mel 2, Gibson & Radrizzani 0

The only true value of any asset is what someone will pay for it.  If The original valuation is challenged it is the valuers problem tp explain/ justify but if there has been some collusion between them and the club that is the only scenario that should cause a problem

3 hours ago, Paul71 said:

If you can see that and I can see that why can’t Gibson and the Leeds bloke? 

I smell problems coming.

Archived