v Brentford (A) Match Thread

jimbo jones

29 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Not worth jeopardising our season in hope of that becuase at the same time they might not be, if we keep playing how we are it will hurt their confidence to be part of a team struggling . I can't seeing it doing them much good to get booed and criticised which will happen if we continue how we are, they might not get stick individually but to be part of a team getting a lot of stick will make things more difficult.

What kind of fan is booing, impatient ones who faced with a transitional season can’t handle it before the end of August?

Ringing any bells?

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Ruda Harliss said:

You don’t seem fine with it, takes more time than has passed. We all sit round in the pub and talk about how fickle football fans are and how quickly managers get the bullet.

Lets not be this

Because this isn't building. Losing two games in a row 3-0 without a shot on target is building? Jog on. It's dog poo. It's not good enough. It's not being negative to tell the truth on it, stop hiding behind excuses. Cocu knows it isn't good enough.

Just now, Andicis said:

Because this isn't building. Losing two games in a row 3-0 without a shot on target is building? Jog on. It's dog poo. It's not good enough. It's not being negative to tell the truth on it, stop hiding behind excuses. Cocu knows it isn't good enough.

Jog on? 

Ok

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Who’s hiding behind excuses? 

Just man up accept its gonna be a tough season, but give the staff (not just Cocu) 

a bit of time ?

8 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

I'm going to get slated for this and probably rightly so, but I just get the feeling of a Nigel Pearson mark 2 situation where he ends up sacked pretty quickly or we fall down the league, and he goes with us in a very bad way.

Yes the midfield is completely poo personal wise, but who's fault is that? If he continues playing Dowell and Huddlestone he will deserve the sack as they shouldn't play again,  and he was the one who signed Dowell, he was the one who signed Rooney but then didn't get another midfielder of quality when we absolutely crying out for one. If we are really that tight on funds which I am sure we aren't, then we shouldn't have spent so much on Bielik. We should have spread the budget out more to sign 2 new midfielders rather than 1, Shinnie hasn't been given much a chance for some reason which is surprising given people were hopeful he would be a decent player after how he played for Aberdeen, Paterson hasn't played much as well which is also surprising when the wingers starting are achieving sweet duck all.  I would have also looked to sign a new left back, as Lowe is not good enough defensively IMO to be a starter as of yet,  then Malone is very poor  and at the same time we can't rely on Forsyth after his injury problems and his inconsistent form.

How’s Fozzy managed to be inconsistent while not playing for 12 months?

Just now, Ruda Harliss said:

Who’s hiding behind excuses? 

Just man up accept its gonna be a tough season, but give the staff (not just Cocu) 

a bit of time ?

No, if we keep performing like we did today, I won't just give them time. That was an absolutely abysmal performance. Shocking against Forest too.

4 minutes ago, Ruda Harliss said:

What kind of fan is booing, impatient ones who faced with a transitional season can’t handle it before the end of August?

Ringing any bells?

The manner of performances have been unacceptable I don't care  that it is early days, becuase I don't see it changing what so ever. After  the next 2 games we will really see how our season is heading, if we don't pick up any points from those 2 as I expect things will very quickly go down the gutter both in terms of player performance becuase of a lack of confidence and player- fan and player -manager relations.

10 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

I probably put it out of context when i was on about the youngsters playing in the 1st team, yes they need 1st team experience but they need the senior players to nurture and encourage them about their performances when they are on the pitch,they seem to have been thrown in  the deep end and we seem over reliant on the youngsters at the moment due to having a weak squad which is no fault of Cocu's 

I know what you mean about being over reliant and throwing them in at the deep end, but if we had a bigger and stronger squad then when everyone was fit it would be difficult to get the youngsters the minutes they need to progress.

It's a really difficult one, and a bit of a catch 22 situation, it's really hard now, but I hope that it can benefit us in the long run that they're getting the game time before they were probably expected to.

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

No, if we keep performing like we did today, I won't just give them time. That was an absolutely abysmal performance. Shocking against Forest too.

spot on, some people are just willing to accept what ever the team /manager put out performance wise and expect it to radically change , Bogle coming back won't change that sort of performance. We could sign Messi and Van Dijk and we  still wouldn't go up playing with that lot.

7 minutes ago, derbydaz22 said:

How’s Fozzy managed to be inconsistent while not playing for 12 months?

I mean his time as a whole at Derby, he has had some good spells but I remember him going through spells of looking like a league 2 player just thrown into the team he was playing that poorly, not a player I would want to rely on but will be better than Buchanan, Malone and Lowe defensively if he is fully fit.

1 minute ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

spot on, some people are just willing to accept what ever the team /manager put out performance wise and expect it to radically change , Bogle coming back won't change that sort of performance. We could sign Messi and Van Dijk and we  still wouldn't go up playing with that lot.

We'd pick Keogh over Van Dijk and have messi at right back.

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Well if you won’t give them time that’s your prerogative. Personally, I’ve stuck by them through worse and then seen loads better.  That’s the life of a Derby fan.

1 minute ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

I mean his time as a whole at Derby, he has had some good spells but I remember him going through spells of looking like a league 2 player just thrown into the team he was playing that poorly, not a player I would want to rely on but will be better than Buchanan, Malone and Lowe defensively if he is fully fit.

A fully fit Fozzy walks into this team.

21 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

I probably put it out of context when i was on about the youngsters playing in the 1st team, yes they need 1st team experience but they need the senior players to nurture and encourage them about their performances when they are on the pitch,they seem to have been thrown in  the deep end and we seem over reliant on the youngsters at the moment due to having a weak squad which is no fault of Cocu's 

I disagree. I think the truth is more worrying. We’re trying to blood youngsters in, but with the exception of Keogh and Waghorn, I’m not sure we’ve got a glutinous selection of experienced senior pros that I think the youngsters should look up to.

A lot of people are making it sound like the youngsters are playing by design, but when you look at the players on the bench (some of which aren’t fully fit), much of it is actually out of necessity.

9 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

The manner of performances have been unacceptable I don't care  that it is early days, becuase I don't see it changing what so ever. After  the next 2 games we will really see how our season is heading, if we don't pick up any points from those 2 as I expect things will very quickly go down the gutter both in terms of player performance becuase of a lack of confidence and player- fan and player -manager relations.

So the fans imploding in August will help.

1 minute ago, Ruda Harliss said:

Well if you won’t give them time that’s your prerogative. Personally, I’ve stuck by them through worse and then seen loads better.  That’s the life of a Derby fan.

Trouble is mi owd moneys getting tight in my household and I'm paying hard earned cash.  I just want ta see summat worth mi cash I'm paying ... dunt think it's too much ta ask

16 minutes ago, Ruda Harliss said:

Ringing any bells?

The fans that have possibly seen one of the poorest weeks in Derby’s recent history.

why do we have to have a transitional season every season. Easy excuse

21 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

I'm going to get slated for this and probably rightly so, but I just get the feeling of a Nigel Pearson mark 2 situation where he ends up sacked pretty quickly or we fall down the league, and he goes with us in a very bad way.

Yes the midfield is completely poo personal wise, but who's fault is that? If he continues playing Dowell and Huddlestone he will deserve the sack as they shouldn't play again,  and he was the one who signed Dowell, he was the one who signed Rooney but then didn't get another midfielder of quality when we absolutely crying out for one. If we are really that tight on funds which I am sure we aren't, then we shouldn't have spent so much on Bielik. We should have spread the budget out more to sign 2 new midfielders rather than 1, Shinnie hasn't been given much a chance for some reason which is surprising given people were hopeful he would be a decent player after how he played for Aberdeen, Paterson hasn't played much as well which is also surprising when the wingers starting are achieving sweet duck all.  I would have also looked to sign a new left back, as Lowe is not good enough defensively IMO to be a starter as of yet,  then Malone is very poor  and at the same time we can't rely on Forsyth after his injury problems and his inconsistent form.

Why are you so sure that Cocu was pulling the shots on all those transfers? I don’t think the club operates that way any more.

Lots of things to chew on about Cocu after today. His signings aren’t one of them - because I don’t think he’s made one yet. He barely had his foot in England when some of these signings were made.

Archived