v Brentford (A) Match Thread

jimbo jones

54 minutes ago, nfb said:

He has said he will play there, but its a more physically demanding role (midfield) and Bielek isnt totally match fit yet. So i expect him to be there after the int break. 

He's got enough fitness to bugger off to Pland for international duty - should have got him in the midfield before now. 

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

I would imagine the team will look totally different in September - the style will be more embedded and the personnel at his disposal will be stronger.

He hasn't really got anyone he can bring in apart from bogle. 

The failure to recruit is going to haunt us all season.

Right now he has very few options,

shinnie?, martin?, mitchell-lawson? 

Not easy.

8 minutes ago, GrimsbyRam said:

Agree with parts of this but I genuinely cannot see what he is trying to achieve. It is the manner of the performances that concern me not the results. How many games have the keepers had to make ‘game changing’ saves? There is not many

I think he is probably trying to work out the best formation/ players still. Bear in mind how many matches have been played in 4 weeks, he really hasn't had much actual solid training time. Players like Lawrence who look excellent one game and turdly the next don't help. I am not saying he has got everything correct but in terms of our recent managers he has started off with the worst hand.

These terrible performances have happened under our last few managers, an early eye opener for Cocu. At least he has a couple of weeks to restart things.

We have bad runs every season. This season we have an incredibly tough start. Hopefully this will be our poor run this season. 

I said before a ball was kicked that I wasn't expecting any more than 9 points from the first 8 games. 

Still think the same. And that's fine. 

The real test will come in October when we start facing more of the mid table teams. Then will be the time to make a judgement. 

36 minutes ago, GrimsbyRam said:

Season ticket holder since 87. It is not an over reaction. Sometimes things do not fit. This has all the hallmarks of another ‘Pearson’.

Can you genuinely tell me what style he is trying to play? What is the formation he’s trying to play? How we are looking to create chances? There is nothing there. Our best game (first half) was against a Huddersfield team that has won one league game since the end of NOVEMBER 2018.

Out recruitment has been terrible. Out go Tomori, Johnson, Bryson, Wilson, Mount (if you want to add Nugent as a regular player on our bench that we have not replaced). We have not recruited in terms of numbers or quality. Paterson and Dowell do not improve us (in areas where it is obviously needed). 

Id love nothing more than you to shove this post back down my throat believe me

Does being a season ticket holder since 87 actually mean anything?

Are you telling me that you are qualified to judge a team after 6 matches?

If so, why are you not managing a team?

I'm a season ticket holder since 1987 and think anyone judging the team already is a buffoon.

After the international break Bogle will be at right back, Lowe at left back, Clarke at centre back and Bielek CDM.

In terms of not replacing players I am afraid your post is nonsense 

Tomori - Clarke

Johnson 

Bryson - Shinnie

Wilson - Paterson

Mount - Dowell

So only Johnson has not been replaced and we know how much he was liked here.

Obviously the replacements are not on a par but that is due to the 'Lampard effect'.

Stop over-reacting to 2 defeats in 6 league matches and try and get behind the team.

2 hours ago, Andicis said:

What? We're 3-0 down and getting taunted by ducking Brentford. Challenging for the playoffs? We'll be lucky to be in the top half. 

We might well be but isn’t that a transitional season?

At the start of a season with anew manager and a paper thin squad, everyone agrees that it might be a transitional season, mid table but will steadily improve. When the reality of that mid table, transitional season starts to unfold a large proportion of the forum starts to kick off? 

the ‘we don’t create enough because we are an attacking side of flat track bullies with not much intelligence’ is a hill I’m willing to die on for this season

Desperate for someone who can hold onto the ball and bring others into play. Yes we know who I’m talking about in terms of who I’d bring into the line up, but we are so slow in turning defence into attack. 

Midfield needs sorting to, go with who you want their long term and that’s how they’ll get fit playing there.

544A030F-ACF5-4EA6-B06B-FA8C3DB8DE25.jpeg

30 minutes ago, Malagaram said:

Can Grimsby Ram or David pop into Blundell Park and ask "Can we have Jamie Hanson back please",scored another 2 today

Wrong hanson

thats james hanson 

3 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Does being a season ticket holder since 87 actually mean anything?

Are you telling me that you are qualified to judge a team after 6 matches?

If so, why are you not managing a team?

I'm a season ticket holder since 1987 and think anyone judging the team already is a buffoon.

After the international break Bogle will be at right back, Lowe at left back, Clarke at centre back and Bielek CDM.

In terms of not replacing players I am afraid your post is nonsense 

Tomori - Clarke

Johnson 

Bryson - Shinnie

Wilson - Paterson

Mount - Dowell

So only Johnson has not been replaced and we know how much he was liked here.

Obviously the replacements are not on a par but that is due to the 'Lampard effect'.

Stop over-reacting to 2 defeats in 6 league matches and try and get behind the team.

Sorry Dowell is no replacement for Mount, likewise Paterson for Wilson. Tomori for Clarke that’s debatable. 

4 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

the ‘we don’t create enough because we are an attacking side of flat track bullies with not much intelligence’ is a hill I’m willing to die on for this season

Desperate for someone who can hold onto the ball and bring others into play. Yes we know who I’m talking about in terms of who I’d bring into the line up, but we are so slow in turning defence into attack. 

Midfield needs sorting to, go with who you want their long term and that’s how they’ll get fit playing there.

I assume the reason for not playing unfit players in positions that required them to be fully fit was to avoid things like today happening, but maybe now it's happened it will change the plan?

Although they will probably be fit enough after the international break anyway and back in their best positions by the time the Cardiff game comes around.

54 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

I feel for Cocu in this. Same team as last game, totally different outcome. 

Aside from swapping out Huddlestone for Bileik and sticking Clarke in, not much else he could pick. Big ask on Holmes to start 2 matches in a week having been injured for so long.

Midfield was a big problem last season until Johnson added some battle and Mount back from injury. But we had Wilson and Mount who could do things from nothing, covered a lot of issues and Tomori with his pace could bail us out of a lot of situations.

We didn't replace those and realistically, we couldn't, Mount was far too good for this league, as was Wilson in terms of shooting from nothing. It has exposed a serious lack of quality and we somehow expect our new manager to get that sorted in such a short space of time? Having lost Holmes and Marriott nearly all pre season, two key players for us. We lost a lot of players in the summer , characters such as Nugent, players who had been together a season or two. We don't have that togetherness and it needs to be rebuilt.

The club can't keep changing tack, we have made a plan and we have to give it time. Otherwise it is just season after season of going round and round.Fed up of the ridiculous reactions and complete lack of patience. Anyone who expect us to make a flying start was living in a different world.

There was plenty that could have been done 

holmes was fit enough for the bench and to play the second half ... he could have started ahead of the ineffective Dowell 

at this moment in time id rather see any one of us that owns a pair of football boots ahead of tom Lawrence .... his cheapness on the ball defies belief ... there’s a difference between trying to make things happen and being totally inept and brain dead as to when is a good time to try things and when not to 

i had a forest fan say to me today why u playing Huddlestone and Dowell that won’t work will it ?!

no red dog your right, it doesn’t sodding work... he doesn’t even watch us yet he knows 

u can’t have two players like those two playing together in this league and expect to succeed 

every fuvker knows that 

you would think mr clued up, mr championship expert Leroy rosenior May have suggested this ???

hopefully the one shining light from today’s poo show mess is that by hauling him off at half time the Penney May have finally dropped with cocu 

im Sorry for the bad language but that was terrible today and it could have been avoided 

5 of the 11 aren’t good enough, 3 in midfield and what ever 2 wingers we play. We aren’t going to change that before Jan. not Cocu’s fault, Lampard dragged out our summer and hence effected recruitment. The  season was over before it began and one man and his dream job is to blame. 

14 minutes ago, angieram said:

I shouldn't have had that third pint in The Griffin?

Can I take this thread off the on the weirdest tangent in this board history?

My best friend over here has been a drummer in many punk bands going back into the 90's.

His hero is Rat Scabies and he's see The Damned play in the US a LOT, both without and without Rat after he went off in a strop.

About 4 or 5 years ago (it was the year we played and beat Leeds at home in a freezing midweek game over Christmas 2-0 - and I made him come with me) we were over in the UK.

We took him and his family for a weekend in London just before the new year because they wanted to do all sorts of touristy poo.

He literally begged and begged me to go to The Griffin  with  him because he knew it was Rat's local.

When he finally agreed to pay for the cab and my drinks I caved.

There was no Rat to be seen so I asked the landlady - because he was too wussy to.

Apparently, Rat was in the US  on tour with some no-name band. I lamost pizzed myself at the irony of him being where we'd just come from as I quaffed my double Jack.

Archived