Red Dogs Away

Philmycock

I'd definitely go with fringe players and younsters and hope Cocu goes as well. League is the priority and we have way too many tough games coming up. More importantly, these are the games what our youngsters need to develop the psychological side of becoming a good player; learn how to handle bigger pressure while keeping the expectations high. Free hit in that sense, that Cocu gets such an opportunity without sacrificing a league game. Perfect opportunity to teach another side of the game, hope he uses it.

Also worth noting, if the B-team is good enough to beat Scunny, surely they can do it in this one as well?

I'd be disappointed to see strongest line up in this one. That would be very shortsighted decision and missed opportunity.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty Sure Mel and Rosenior will be in Cocu's ear just reminding him just how big this game is and how much it means to the fan base. The youth players who ive seen and judge to be good enough to start currently are Knight and Buchanan. Its a massive game for everyone, nothing better than beating your rivals especially in a one off cup match. I think we will see 2 youngsters start but 9 of the 11 will be first teamers and a mixture of experience and youth on the bench. I hope we get the entire lower bridgeford for this game and sell it out as im sure we will, 5000 rams fans packing the city ground and hopefully seeing the lads win.

10 hours ago, Boycie said:

Surely he’ll not want to lose his first Local Derby game? 

Full strength team to match theirs I recon.

Forcing poor grammar upon us! Tssk.

Can't write it in all caps either. Really puts a downer on excited posts ? 

9 hours ago, DCFCDowd said:

I am the missus lol ?

Just our lad who’s 16 on about hopping straight on a train at East Midlands Parkway to get to the ground!!

is EMP anywhere near the airport lol

Just get the skylink or indigo buses from EMA instead. Then city to west   bridgford. 

8 hours ago, atherstoneram said:

Who is he going to be pressurised by?certainly not Mel or any of his staff and he doesn't come across as a manager who gives into fan pressure,,he is the manager and has the final say. Do you really think he will put a team out just to appease the fans, whether people are calm or not about his team selection will be insignificant, He is our 1st foreign manager and it won't worry him (unlike some previous managers) about the intense rivalry that exists between the fans.He is paid to try and win every match, not just one match because of the rivalry,as i said he will pick the team he thinks may win whether that team contains youngsters or not. Not the team the fans want him to pick.

I think it’s naive to think that he isn’t going to treat this game differently to how he would if it had been Fleetwood, for example. 

Forest will play their strongest team, absolutely no doubt about that, so we will need to match up similarly. Ironically, it’s probably the easiest match we have in our next six, certainly the least important, yet it’s the one that could cause the most aggravation. 

3 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I think it’s naive to think that he isn’t going to treat this game differently to how he would if it had been Fleetwood, for example. 

Forest will play their strongest team, absolutely no doubt about that, so we will need to match up similarly. Ironically, it’s probably the easiest match we have in our next six, certainly the least important, yet it’s the one that could cause the most aggravation. 

Forest have so many players they don’t know their best team and they also have a foreign manager so who knows, in fact what is our best team because I am sure it will evolve over the season 

10 hours ago, philmycocu said:

It'll sell out

Forest won’t sell out and I don’t think we would if it was at home.

But 25k for sure. Forest do sensible ticket prices and we will sell 4.8k for sure (which is what I think the away end holds in full?).

Looking forward to this already. Sky show two games - I reckon we will be one of them.

16 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Looking at some of the comments on their forum some of their fans don't appear to share that optimism

If Cocu sees it as the easiest of the next six matches he may well stick with a mix of youngsters.

As soon as the draw was made you just knew the comments that would appear on here,get the best team out, lets get the bragging rights etc, that's only to be expected and no he isn't naive and will have been told of the rivalry and aggravation but it only applies amongst the fans from both sides.

Cocu may see the Carabao cup as a run in a cup competition for the ones that drop in/out of the 1st team and selected under 23's/18's.

I certainly can't see the rivalry of the fans wanting bragging rights (and that's why some are clamouring for the strongest Eleven possible) having an influence on his team selection. Us fans yes, we want the strongest possible Eleven putting out. He may see it as a rest for players who played the previous Saturday to be fresh for the following Saturday but can still put a good squad out.Just because it's against Forest won't have a big bearing on this no matter what people are hoping

Fans see a match against Forest and the Red mist descends 

The Gumps haven't been rivals in the truest sense for some time now and despite having a 50 man squad, they may well not threaten again this season either. While it's always lovely to put one over them, I'd sooner give Leeds a good kicking this season, given the choice between the two.

1 hour ago, atherstoneram said:

Looking at some of the comments on their forum some of their fans don't appear to share that optimism

If Cocu sees it as the easiest of the next six matches he may well stick with a mix of youngsters.

As soon as the draw was made you just knew the comments that would appear on here,get the best team out, lets get the bragging rights etc, that's only to be expected and no he isn't naive and will have been told of the rivalry and aggravation but it only applies amongst the fans from both sides.

Cocu may see the Carabao cup as a run in a cup competition for the ones that drop in/out of the 1st team and selected under 23's/18's.

I certainly can't see the rivalry of the fans wanting bragging rights (and that's why some are clamouring for the strongest Eleven possible) having an influence on his team selection. Us fans yes, we want the strongest possible Eleven putting out. He may see it as a rest for players who played the previous Saturday to be fresh for the following Saturday but can still put a good squad out.Just because it's against Forest won't have a big bearing on this no matter what people are hoping

Fans see a match against Forest and the Red mist descends 

The team we had at the end last night would still be enough to beat that shower anyway. COYR

team i want to see against f*rest (yes im thinking quite far ahead)

Hamer

Lowe, Keogh, Clarke, Buchanan

Bielik

Knight, Dowell

Waghorn, Marriott, Lawrence

Would like to see Sibley come on as well, aggressive little bugger who will no doubt piss the red lot off.

Archived