Red Dogs Away

Philmycock

13 hours ago, Ellafella said:

I heard that the new owner invested in a load of pink felt tipped pens and thanks to the youth team at NFFC * they have now brand spanking new looking pink plastic seats. 

* European Cup winners but they don’t like to talk about it. Much. 

Have they won the European Cup?? I work with many red dogs and don’t think it’s ever come up in conversation. I’ve also never seen it mentioned in the NEP?

You learn something new every day....

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, bimmerman said:

Hope the youngsters get a chance in this one. They'll be so motivated to win, and would be a good test for their future prospects, playing a rival in a cup game

Buchanan, sibley, Knight, whittaker, bird.... A real opportunity for them if they get a game

Unfortunately mate i dont think Bird will get a game. wasn't the best at league 2 Scunthorpe, lad needs a loan move to league 1 in my opinion. Buchanan yes, Sibley bench, Knight yes and Whittaker bench. We still have a big squad and can rotate it well.

4 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Have they won the European Cup?? I work with many red dogs and don’t think it’s ever come up in conversation. I’ve also never seen it mentioned in the NEP?

You learn something new every day....

They probably omitted to mention it. Never. 

54 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

They probably omitted to mention it. Never. 

Interestingly I was chatting about this to Villa fans on the way back from Wembley. They won the European Cup but none of them talk about it - and they’ve only won league cups since. 

Only Forest!! That’s why they offer such comedic value

20 hours ago, Boycie said:

Thanks for confirming the won’t be giving us around 4K ??

18 hours ago, Srg said:

Probably claim steward/police advice and give less than 10% anyway.

18 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

This is what I'm expecting. They don't like welcoming their neighbours and will try to restrict us to 2k and Notts Police will be the reason given.

I heard that they are going to limit us to 2,000 max.

Apparently its for two reasons:

1) They have decided to invite all of their managers from the past 10 years back to their old stomping ground;

2) Their squad now contains 1,472 players (+/- 10%)

Once you've factored in seating arrangements for all of the above, plus their associated agents, sisters/wives (not mutually exclusive), they're going to struggle to fit us all in.

1 hour ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Interestingly I was chatting about this to Villa fans on the way back from Wembley. They won the European Cup but none of them talk about it - and they’ve only won league cups since. 

Absolutely true. 

10 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Absolutely true. 

it is true - I remember watching that final  - Leo Spinks had to come on in first ten mins (think it was Burridge that got injured)It was a good Villa team that. It was not as good as our team in 73/77 that got to semis......but thats another story

but I don't mind Villa fans. - they were gracious enough at Wembley 

12 minutes ago, irobinson said:

it is true - I remember watching that final  - Leo Spinks had to come on in first ten mins (think it was Burridge that got injured)It was a good Villa team that. It was not as good as our team in 73/77 that got to semis......but thats another story

but I don't mind Villa fans. - they were gracious enough at Wembley 

Pedant alert.  Nigel Spink, Jimmy Rimmer, 72/73

Agree with what you said though 

2 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

You've got to be kidding! Try living and working amongst villa fans. 

The ones you spoke to, must have had memory loss. 

It's not just the fans either, when you go to Villa park, you can see the commentary of villa's winning goal plastered to face of the stands on the inside of the ground. 

47 minutes ago, Roboram said:

Pedant alert.  Nigel Spink, Jimmy Rimmer, 72/73

Agree with what you said though 

You know Leon Spinks was a boxer!! Lol

and thanks - had Burridge  on my mind - picking the ball out of the net at Bramall Lane!!

It’s age you know....

46 minutes ago, ram59 said:

You've got to be kidding! Try living and working amongst villa fans. 

The ones you spoke to, must have had memory loss. 

It's not just the fans either, when you go to Villa park, you can see the commentary of villa's winning goal plastered to face of the stands on the inside of the ground. 

I mean, I get that its annoying when it happened so long ago (in the case of Forest and Villa).

But, at the same time, I am pretty convinced that, had we ever won the European Cup, we would be just as obsessive about it and we would probably (rightly so) have it commemorated everywhere around PP.

17 minutes ago, TibshelfRam said:

I mean, I get that its annoying when it happened so long ago (in the case of Forest and Villa).

But, at the same time, I am pretty convinced that, had we ever won the European Cup, we would be just as obsessive about it and we would probably (rightly so) have it commemorated everywhere around PP.

That is fair point, but Forest do take it to an extreme - Malmo c'mon.  But if you've won it you sing about it .   Leeds are special though - as are Leicester re there title win - this from a Sunderland fan forum when we played Leicester in the cup 'Lestaaah singing their 'champions of England, you'll never sing that, song again to a team who've won in twice.

Absolute wallopers.'

6 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

That is fair point, but Forest do take it to an extreme - Malmo c'mon.  But if you've won it you sing about it .   Leeds are special though - as are Leicester re there title win - this from a Sunderland fan forum when we played Leicester in the cup 'Lestaaah singing their 'champions of England, you'll never sing that, song again to a team who've won in twice.

Absolute wallopers.'

They absolutely take it to an extreme - holding 40th anniversary celebratory screenings this summer was on another level. But I don't begrudge them banging on about it - I'm just saying that I'd probably be just as unbearable ha!

On 14/08/2019 at 11:30, Mick Brolly said:

Maybe we should just forfeit the game just in case we get an injury in our quest to finish between 6th and 10th in the league where most people predicted or said they would be happy with this season don't want to jeopardise 9th when we could finish 8th my God haven't things changed in modern football it's us against the red dogs in the league cup on their patch and most seem worried about someone getting injured and missing the crucial Barnsley away winner takes all must win blockbuster.

Nearly passed out reading that. ?

I suppose if you are looking for an upset and to capture that magic of the cup competitions, it makes more sense to put Premier League teams going away to League 1 and 2 sides on TV.

Sky will also have taken into account that they usually broadcast the league fixtures between the two teams year in, year out.

Archived