Red Dogs Away

Philmycock

Maybe we should just forfeit the game just in case we get an injury in our quest to finish between 6th and 10th in the league where most people predicted or said they would be happy with this season don't want to jeopardise 9th when we could finish 8th my God haven't things changed in modern football it's us against the red dogs in the league cup on their patch and most seem worried about someone getting injured and missing the crucial Barnsley away winner takes all must win blockbuster.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, Mick Brolly said:

Maybe we should just forfeit the game just in case we get an injury in our quest to finish between 6th and 10th in the league where most people predicted or said they would be happy with this season don't want to jeopardise 9th when we could finish 8th my God haven't things changed in modern football it's us against the red dogs in the league cup on their patch and most seem worried about someone getting injured and missing the crucial Barnsley away winner takes all must win blockbuster.

Nobody's saying the game has changed but to some all that matters during a season is coming out on top against Forest. Go on and beat them on their patch,stick the best Eleven on the pitch and lets duck'em yes,yes we've done it we've beaten the red dogs in a tin pot cup match, can't remember when it was last called the league cup but some like to remain in the past,nothing else matters to some,perhaps some things and attitudes have changed.You obviously don't feel then the team we fielded last night has a chance against them Would rather be bragging when Cocu's got us in the prem

2 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

Am I imagining it but did Sky not have games on the Tues, Weds and Thurs last season?  Wondering if there migt be a re-schedule of the Brentford game to accommodate?

nooooo. i have my flights booked for this

baby no GIF

1 minute ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

Am I imagining it but did Sky not have games on the Tues, Weds and Thurs last season?  Wondering if there migt be a re-schedule of the Brentford game to accommodate?

And this year they bunged Portsmouth v Birmingham in a week before everybody else's fixtures so who can honestly say what they'll do.

3 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

if they moved it out of that week then i could get to it - one of my local matches but away on holiday that week........?

It's a good draw because it brings excitement to the competition. We're already talking about it here. And a 3000 allocation will be fun when they've refused us that many the last few seasons. 

I'm definitely of the view this is our least important upcoming match and the team should and will be chosen accordingly. I don't care if it's the gumps. It's unlikely to be the same deal with 11 changes from the weekend, but there will be players in need of minutes and they should get those minutes. The big picture is about managing the season and getting everyone up to speed. 

If we play a lot of the Derby youth we can be confident that this game means a lot to them (more than many of the senior pros) so they'll give a good account of themselves. What a game for Sibley to score his first Rams goal! 

5 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

if they moved it out of that week then i could get to it - one of my local matches but away on holiday that week........?

I suspect that it could got to the Sunday.  There'll be absolute scenes on here if it does, making the recent Radio Draby and price of Carling meltdowns seems like a teddy bears picnic ?

3 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

I suspect that it could got to the Sunday.  There'll be absolute scenes on here if it does, making the recent Radio Draby and price of Carling meltdowns seems like a teddy bears picnic ?

Oh bottoms - that doesn't help........?

But yeah - trying to get anywhere by rail on a Sunday is more or less impossible. Let's face it - more than half your journey is likely to be on a 1960's double decker bus..........?

1 hour ago, atherstoneram said:

Nobody's saying the game has changed but to some all that matters during a season is coming out on top against Forest. Go on and beat them on their patch,stick the best Eleven on the pitch and lets duck'em yes,yes we've done it we've beaten the red dogs in a tin pot cup match, can't remember when it was last called the league cup but some like to remain in the past,nothing else matters to some,perhaps some things and attitudes have changed.You obviously don't feel then the team we fielded last night has a chance against them Would rather be bragging when Cocu's got us in the prem

Can't recall saying the team we played last night wouldn't have a chance if we were top of the league with ten games to go i wouldn't risk anyone but it's August and all I can say is if florist away isn't a bit match for you as a Derby fan what is .

Archived