January 2020 transfer window

oomarkwright

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

I've got a feeling that the wide midfielder/attacking player that we are after is someone that nobody has mentioned yet. 

Another Scott Malone-type signing. One that comes out of nowhere with no press buzz around it. 

I hope the only parallel to Scott Malone is the fact it's out of nowhere.

1 minute ago, Rambalin said:

Villa pulling Scott Hogan out of Stoke and looking to loan him out again in the championship.

Also Chelsea taking Connor Gallagher back from Charlton and looking for another championship loan.

The Gallagher that got all that stick?

1 minute ago, Rambalin said:

Villa pulling Scott Hogan out of Stoke and looking to loan him out again in the championship.

Also Chelsea taking Connor Gallagher back from Charlton and looking for another championship loan.

I'd love us to bring in Gallagher but, as Chris Coles has suggested, we're unlikely to bring in other teams young players because this would "block the pathway for our young players."

Somehow bringing in 33-year-old strikers doesn't block that pathway...?‍♀️

24 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

I'd love us to bring in Gallagher but, as Chris Coles has suggested, we're unlikely to bring in other teams young players because this would "block the pathway for our young players."

Somehow bringing in 33-year-old strikers doesn't block that pathway...?‍♀️

Gallagher in = fewer games for Sibley and Knight 

Sharp in = Waghorn playing wide right more often

54 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Gallagher in = fewer games for Sibley and Knight 

Sharp in = Waghorn playing wide right more often

Sibley could barely play fewer games than he is now. Can tell Cocu wants him to improve on certain aspects. 

One thing our midfield lacks more than anything is creativity. We had it in abundance last season with Mount and Wilson.

Mount arriving late in the box to score goals, carrying the ball from midfield, creating chances. 

We have nobody like that now.

Bielik (although looks like his season is over) Huddlestone, Shinnie, Evans, Bird are all holding midfielders.

Knight is good, but he's a workhorse. Doesn't appear to be massively creative at the minute. 

Holmes shows it in glimpses. Probably the best creative option we currently have in midfield at the moment. But more often than not his end product let's him down.

We massively lack a spark in midfield and I think Gallagher is different to what we currently have.

I've seen Chris Coles mention it on twitter. Seems strange he'd just mention that Gallagher is getting recalled by Chelsea. Doesn't affect us in any way. Or does it? Ed Dawes has had a subtle reply as well.

Could this be the player we are after this week? And the reason it's more likely the end of the week is because Chelsea are recalling him.

Could it be a loan with a view to a permanent move? 19 years old. Very promising (already got 6 goals this season for a struggling team which is more than our whole midfield put together) 

Clearly not going to get in Chelsea's team anytime soon especially now their transfer window ban is lifted.

Or I could be putting 2+2 together and getting 67. 

1 hour ago, Rambalin said:

Chris Coles hasn't tweeted about Hogan. He's only tweeted about Gallagher.

Am I reading too much into this?

1 hour ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Sibley could barely play fewer games than he is now. Can tell Cocu wants him to improve on certain aspects. 

One thing our midfield lacks more than anything is creativity. We had it in abundance last season with Mount and Wilson.

Mount arriving late in the box to score goals, carrying the ball from midfield, creating chances. 

We have nobody like that now.

Bielik (although looks like his season is over) Huddlestone, Shinnie, Evans, Bird are all holding midfielders.

Knight is good, but he's a workhorse. Doesn't appear to be massively creative at the minute. 

Holmes shows it in glimpses. Probably the best creative option we currently have in midfield at the moment. But more often than not his end product let's him down.

We massively lack a spark in midfield and I think Gallagher is different to what we currently have.

I've seen Chris Coles mention it on twitter. Seems strange he'd just mention that Gallagher is getting recalled by Chelsea. Doesn't affect us in any way. Or does it? Ed Dawes has had a subtle reply as well.

Could this be the player we are after this week? And the reason it's more likely the end of the week is because Chelsea are recalling him.

Could it be a loan with a view to a permanent move? 19 years old. Very promising (already got 6 goals this season for a struggling team which is more than our whole midfield put together) 

Clearly not going to get in Chelsea's team anytime soon especially now their transfer window ban is lifted.

Or I could be putting 2+2 together and getting 67. 

You tell us...you're the ITK ?

Archived