January 2020 transfer window

oomarkwright

14 minutes ago, Topram said:

AB31FF61-7881-40F2-B917-60D0C0A3C1BD.png

Gotta love the January window, we never seem to do well and in my opinion it is simply because we shop in the wrong market. We approach the transfer window like someone approaches a Next Boxing Day sale, queue up with hundreds of people with our hearts set on buying the 1 jumper we had seen, only to have to settle for a random pair of socks they never really needed.

Every January is the same.

By the time we make any signings key games pass by. Had we conducted our business correctly and got in the signings we needed in the first week of Jan, they could be helping to secure key points against the likes of Hull.

As it is we sit here hoping Leicester find a replacement CB target for the one that recently got injured so we can sign their currently injured CB on loan.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Squid said:

obviously cocu's fault for going for actual decent players.

sack him

bring back nigel clough

He can’t be very happy himself tbf but wouldn’t it just be easy to say something like no update on transfers instead of keep saying next week

1 minute ago, Topram said:

He can’t be very happy himself tbf but wouldn’t it just be easy to say something like no update on transfers instead of keep saying next week

Or maybe 'tis the fact that he's got positive updates internally and then gets let down by someone, either internally or externally.

I feel sorry for him because he obviously wants to strengthen but is being restricted from doing so currently.

3 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

if we wait until the last few days (like we did our wingers), do we make a panic signing like we did with Paterson?

Hopefully not. Unless we are getting an upgrade then, on the basis that we're not going up and we're not going down, I'd rather we stick with what we have and sort it in the Summer.

It’ll be Benkovic we’re waiting on. I suspect the injury to that Demiral has ducked things a bit because Leicester clearly don’t want to let him go until they’ve got someone in. Frustrating, but there’s little we can do in all fairness. Well just have to wait until they sign whoever their second option is, which I’m presuming we’re hoping is next week now. It’s annoying as getting business done early as usual is what we wanted, but even I don’t think we can blame the club much on this one. We have to make sure we get a centre half in as absolute top priority, so I can see why we’re playing the waiting game.

33 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Gotta love the January window, we never seem to do well and in my opinion it is simply because we shop in the wrong market. We approach the transfer window like someone approaches a Next Boxing Day sale, queue up with hundreds of people with our hearts set on buying the 1 jumper we had seen, only to have to settle for a random pair of socks they never really needed.

Every January is the same.

By the time we make any signings key games pass by. Had we conducted our business correctly and got in the signings we needed in the first week of Jan, they could be helping to secure key points against the likes of Hull.

As it is we sit here hoping Leicester find a replacement CB target for the one that recently got injured so we can sign their currently injured CB on loan.

You can only sign the player early if their parent club are willing to let them go at that particular point , else you move on to option 2, 3, 4 and end up with that pair of socks you allude to..........take those blinkers off .

Always makes me smile when I read some comments.For whatever reason,Cocu can’t get his first target in yet but at least it’s HIS target!! People jumping up and down and moaning about the lack of signings are the same ones who’ll complain if we sign a mediocre player just to make up the numbers! The January transfer window has always been a tough one to do satisfactory business in and SKY TV ramming it down our throats everyday doesn’t help! Relax !!!!

54 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

It’ll be Benkovic we’re waiting on. I suspect the injury to that Demiral has ducked things a bit because Leicester clearly don’t want to let him go until they’ve got someone in. Frustrating, but there’s little we can do in all fairness. Well just have to wait until they sign whoever their second option is, which I’m presuming we’re hoping is next week now. It’s annoying as getting business done early as usual is what we wanted, but even I don’t think we can blame the club much on this one. We have to make sure we get a centre half in as absolute top priority, so I can see why we’re playing the waiting game.

we must be the only club who gets ducked not only by injuries to OUR players but to other teams players.........?

2 hours ago, Carnero said:

Hopefully not. Unless we are getting an upgrade then, on the basis that we're not going up and we're not going down, I'd rather we stick with what we have and sort it in the Summer.

Agree!!!.

When the Cocu criticism was at its highest, comments about giving him time like Klopp got, were dismissed as ridiculous comparisons. 

However at the risk of that... Klopp wanted Van Dijk. When he didn't get him, he waited and then went back again. All the time ignoring people saying he wasnt capable of solving the issue of Liverpool's dodgy defence. All this criticism was quietly forgotten when he proved to be everything they needed and more. 

We all love signings... But please God can we have some patience and wait til the summer if needs be. If Cocu feels there is no one out there better we can secure at a decent price, let's leave it. We paid big money for the one player we really identified in Bielik, and now he is injured people are moaning about that policy. 

Our worst signings appear to me to be the impulse buys we have thrown in the trolley as we have got to the till and suddenly felt we haven't got the ungrateful kids enough for Xmas, eg Paterson, Hamer, FloJo, Anya, Blackman, Dowell...in hindsight feel like signings without real purpose, plan or need but just seemed to be on offer and there, so were chucked in the basket. I would rather feel we had a manager who said he knew what he wanted and was willing to wait and use the squad/youth until then. 

Archived