January 2020 transfer window

oomarkwright

7 minutes ago, Srg said:

Been linked with Palace. Imagine he will have a few Prem offers before dropping.

Damn,

Would of loved to see him come here. If we could offload bogle we'd most likely be able to afford him with that money.

Type of player who it hasn't worked out for at Bournemouth and would be great dropping down to the championship to get back into form...

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

"Should" , "hopes", " hopefully". What do you expect him to say? I think it's unrealistic to expect him to say anything more definite. 

I think the whole response kinda proves why managers rarely say a thing about transfers before they happen.

On 09/01/2020 at 09:36, Sparkle said:

My view on the centre back situation relates to getting ‘better’ centre half’s in January- can we sign them permanently? Maybe not and can we sign them on loan? Usually they want a guarantee of playing or the club loaning wants that as well and we have seen in the past that it can destroy morale very quickly. Whilst Forsyth has had difficult moments helping the team out at centre half it was worth noting that he helped keep a clean sheet away at at premiership club last weekend which may have actually been helped by the fact that we had two former England internationals in front of him (Rooney and Huddlestone) who instantly controlled the football and never actually gave it away - it makes a difference 

also worth noting that Cocu tried Belick at centre half but chose Forsyth over him

I agree with this wholeheartedly but would like to add a small point.

I wonder if Cocu might try Beilik at Centre half again now and if part of his original decision was to 'needing' Beilik in the CDM. But with the emergence of Bird, arrival of Rooney and returning Huddlestone, Evans and Shinnie, maybe he can try it again ??

3 hours ago, jono said:

I really liked him when he was with us. Frightened back lines, wonderful change of pace and a turbo like an old Saab 

it was a bit like watching a teenager with a Golf GTI sometimes. An excess of enthusiasm and speed rather than race craft. 

Turbo like an old Saab - now there’s a quip that will die with the brand! Hilarious motors. Remember my first time in a 99 (or 90?) it was like nitrous when the turbo eventually kicked in. 

Doesn’t Ibe apparently have an attitude problem? Always seems ok in interviews but I’m sure I read somewhere that he fell out with manager:for in bother/I’m getting it all wrong and he’s a great fella. 

2 hours ago, Raich Van Carter said:

Turbo like an old Saab - now there’s a quip that will die with the brand! Hilarious motors. Remember my first time in a 99 (or 90?) it was like nitrous when the turbo eventually kicked in. 

Doesn’t Ibe apparently have an attitude problem? Always seems ok in interviews but I’m sure I read somewhere that he fell out with manager:for in bother/I’m getting it all wrong and he’s a great fella. 

Heh heh hilarious is the word. You pull away smartly and think well .

. this performance stuff is a bit overstated, dunno what all the fuss is abou..%&§§??^.....FFS waaaa lol, grin 

On 09/01/2020 at 09:36, Sparkle said:

My view on the centre back situation relates to getting ‘better’ centre half’s in January- can we sign them permanently? Maybe not and can we sign them on loan? Usually they want a guarantee of playing or the club loaning wants that as well and we have seen in the past that it can destroy morale very quickly. Whilst Forsyth has had difficult moments helping the team out at centre half it was worth noting that he helped keep a clean sheet away at at premiership club last weekend which may have actually been helped by the fact that we had two former England internationals in front of him (Rooney and Huddlestone) who instantly controlled the football and never actually gave it away - it makes a difference 

also worth noting that Cocu tried Belick at centre half but chose Forsyth over him

What a kind euphemism that is! Makes a pleasant change from the usual “ he’s poo!” comments.

6 hours ago, Squid said:

Damn,

Would of loved to see him come here. If we could offload bogle we'd most likely be able to afford him with that money.

Type of player who it hasn't worked out for at Bournemouth and would be great dropping down to the championship to get back into form...

Ibe was decent for us and it definitely had a negative affect when he was recalled by Liverpool ( wrongly in my view)

he was good at Wycombe and since then has not played well enough to be selected with any consistency by Bournemouth or Liverpool 

IMO he is not good enough for the  PL and is a championship player at best ...let’s not kid ourselves he’s any better than that ...but ...with his pace he would definitely be something different to what we have now ...and with a bit of coaching from Cocu and Rooney and co could be an astute signing as long as we don’t over pay 

2 hours ago, S8TY said:

Ibe was decent for us and it definitely had a negative affect when he was recalled by Liverpool ( wrongly in my view)

he was good at Wycombe and since then has not played well enough to be selected with any consistency by Bournemouth or Liverpool 

IMO he is not good enough for the  PL and is a championship player at best ...let’s not kid ourselves he’s any better than that ...but ...with his pace he would definitely be something different to what we have now ...and with a bit of coaching from Cocu and Rooney and co could be an astute signing as long as we don’t over pay 

His decision making was sometimes way off, but he was young. It’s 2 years on, I wonder what coaching influence he has had ? 
I just remember vividly that he had something really special. It wasn’t pure pace. It was that special ability, the one where you thought he was flat out, he wasn’t, there was a little nitro burst to come, that must have made defenders wet themselves. I love it .. when you see a defender get done by someone with that particular attribute, it warms the heart. .. if he could cross and make good decisions he’d be a prem ace. I’d love to see him back. Old school winger of a type I genuinely drool to watch. 

28 minutes ago, jono said:

His decision making was sometimes way off, but he was young. It’s 2 years on, I wonder what coaching influence he has had ? 
I just remember vividly that he had something really special. It wasn’t pure pace. It was that special ability, the one where you thought he was flat out, he wasn’t, there was a little nitro burst to come, that must have made defenders wet themselves. I love it .. when you see a defender get done by someone with that particular attribute, it warms the heart. .. if he could cross and make good decisions he’d be a prem ace. I’d love to see him back. Old school winger of a type I genuinely drool to watch. 

2 years? Ibe joined us in 2014, no idea where the time has gone, but we are approaching 6 years ago that he joined.

13 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

2 years? Ibe joined us in 2014, no idea where the time has gone, but we are approaching 6 years ago that he joined.

Blooming eck .. senior moment ? Tells you everything about me. Some things stick in the mind. .. I saw Chris Commons play for stoke in a pre season friendly against Man U yonks ago, when he was a kid. United had a sort of second string. Kieron Richardson a newly arrived Diego Forlan. There was this little kid playing for stoke with a low centre of gravity .. looked sharp had a touch. Next time I saw him, prior to having a season ticket, he banged in that exocet against Man U at pride park. 

4 hours ago, jono said:

Heh heh hilarious is the word. You pull away smartly and think well .

. this performance stuff is a bit overstated, dunno what all the fuss is abou..%&§§??^.....FFS waaaa lol, grin 

Torque steer and new fronr tyres every three months!

13 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Torque steer and new fronr tyres every three months!

This is so off topic ?.. I had an Alfa sud 1.5 TI in my youth. 95 BHP 165 section tyres .. 850 kilos.

swapped tyres back to front to make them last but ended up wearing them all out in less than 10k miles. Oops

S off a shovel, loved it, went rusty got holes in floor but jeez it was cool

Bit like Jordan Ibe come to think of it ?

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I've just seen that Gary Madine was released by Cardiff on a free with 18 months left on his contract..they signed him for 6 million and he didn't score a single goal.

That is certainly 1 to avoid.

He was one to avoid long before they signed him! Always been pretty crap and a bit of a wreapon to boot.

Archived