January 2020 transfer window

oomarkwright

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well we're 15 says into January.

We've been expecting a signing "next week" since the start of January.

The only thing that's happened so far is we've lost Bielik for 6 months and we've offered Mason Bennett a new contract. 

All we need to do now is give Forsyth one and I think that'll top the month off.

36 minutes ago, Srg said:

If our facilities are so great, if our relationship with Chelsea was so 'special' and if Derby were so highly thought of, you would think Frank and Jody would jump at the chance of their youngsters gaining experience at a championship club they are so familiar with.

As for Derby/Cocu being interested, we are skint, that much appears obvious. If Chelsea were willing to loan us their players surely we would snap their hands off.

Clearly, for whatever reason, Chelsea or Frank, or both, dont want to do business with Derby 

Tbh we don’t know whether Derby have expressed any interest in Connolly. But chelsea have also loaned Swansea Marc Guehi - a young centre half. Surely we’ve asked Chelsea about availability generally.

12 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Maybe Swansea have asked Chelsea if they can take some players on loan and we haven't?

I think the young players are choosing to go to Swansea because they will have worked with Steve Cooper before in the England youth set-up.

Suggests he's a decent manager as well as a decent bloke!

1 hour ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Maybe Swansea have asked Chelsea if they can take some players on loan and we haven't?

Ooh do you think so. 
I suppose the loss of keogh was fairly low key. perhaps Frank doesn’t know we might need someone.?

2 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Well we're 15 says into January.

We've been expecting a signing "next week" since the start of January.

The only thing that's happened so far is we've lost Bielik for 6 months and we've offered Mason Bennett a new contract. 

All we need to do now is give Forsyth one and I think that'll top the month off.

New 5 year contract for Anya surely? 

12 minutes ago, ossieram said:

That's the first time I've seen that used to describe the 2nd half of the season.

Its used copiously in my profession and so I simply copied the use across. Its not a "football term" as such, so if you don't work in financial services you may not be as used to using H1, H2 Q1-4 etc etc as a measure of time

Archived