January 2020 transfer window

oomarkwright

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

Crass comment. A lot of championship sides would take him, the crux of the issue is they wouldn't take him for the transfer free which we paid for him nor likely the wages he is on.

So basically he’s a fake believe doesn’t live up to the hype and can’t cut it!

Which is in a round about way what I said, who would take a punt!

No one.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Rosythram said:

So basically he’s a fake believe doesn’t live up to the hype and can’t cut it!

Which is in a round about way what I said, who would take a punt!

No one.

What hype are you alluding to. If the metric you are using is his transfer fee then yes I already said I agree that he has proven to be poor value for money but he's not alone in that respect.

I don't think the word punt is a good descriptor if you're suggesting someone shells out the 4 million quid or whatever we paid for him, am not sure what championship clubs have that amount of money to gamble.

20 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Nothing about signings.

Although he did say that Tom Lawrence is a lovely bloke, brings an apple into training every day for Philip and he is able to put a rowntrees fruit pastel in his mouth without chewing it.

I always thought Lawrence was a sucker.

2 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

What hype are you alluding to. If the metric you are using is his transfer fee then yes I already said I agree that he has proven to be poor value for money but he's not alone in that respect.

I don't think the word punt is a good descriptor if you're suggesting someone shells out the 4 million quid or whatever we paid for him, am not sure what championship clubs have that amount of money to gamble.

Why on earth should someone of his so called age and ability be a gamble, if that’s the case he’s a spent force.

If in deed he was ever a force to be reckoned with.

20 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Lawrence was in the team today because he played well against palace and therefore kept his place. I’m baffled as to why people think he shouldn’t have kept his place?

However he blew it with a poor performance in his best position. I’m a Lawrence fan but I’ve about exhausted all patience with him. He will continue to be inconsistent and we can do better - but we’ll struggle to sell him I think. 

Another one I’m done with is Marriott. Never fit, always little niggles, which indicates to me someone who isn’t as fit as they should be and is not taking their job as serious as they should be!

I don't necessarily have any comment to make on this... 

But I had this nagging need to check who had given you the 'sad face'..... 

Ohhh, made me laugh... 

When you start experiencing major call-backs you know you spend too much time on here ??

45 minutes ago, Topram said:

If we are after a striker what about Andre Grey? Not getting game time at Watford 

Id take him, but isnt he one of Watfords highest paid players? If he fancied a 90% pay cut it would be great to have him here.

2 hours ago, Chester40 said:

I don't necessarily have any comment to make on this... 

But I had this nagging need to check who had given you the 'sad face'..... 

Ohhh, made me laugh... 

When you start experiencing major call-backs you know you spend too much time on here ??

Multiple sad face responses, yet hasn't got the stones to actually post on here.

4 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Multiple sad face responses, yet hasn't got the stones to actually post on here.

The poster is question is a frequent offender for this. Spams out sad reactions, yet will never come out and discuss a point. 

In terms of another club taking a chance in Lawrence - I think we all agree that he has plenty of ability but doesn’t seem able to apply it on a regular basis.  Certain managers would back themselves to sort that out so I do think he has some value but definitely not £7m or whatever. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if he goes but part of my does worry that he’ll mature into something special in a few years. Mind, I thought that about Nyatanga and a few others and was wrong then so who knows. 

3 minutes ago, Raich Van Carter said:

In terms of another club taking a chance in Lawrence - I think we all agree that he has plenty of ability but doesn’t seem able to apply it on a regular basis.  Certain managers would back themselves to sort that out so I do think he has some value but definitely not £7m or whatever. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if he goes but part of my does worry that he’ll mature into something special in a few years. Mind, I thought that about Nyatanga and a few others and was wrong then so who knows. 

Didn't we pay between £4m and £5m for him? ...that may even have been a "deal worth up to" figure too.

12 minutes ago, Raich Van Carter said:

Something special relative to what level?

Could he develop into a middling PL talent? Maybe. A low end PL talent? Sure. But I find it hard to imagine a 26 year old is going to develop from an average Championship player to "something special" in the grand scheme of football.

2 hours ago, SaintRam said:

Something special relative to what level?

Could he develop into a middling PL talent? Maybe. A low end PL talent? Sure. But I find it hard to imagine a 26 year old is going to develop from an average Championship player to "something special" in the grand scheme of football.

FOMO I guess is what I mean but you're right, if he was going to be stellar, he'd be stellar by now - keep forgetting his age!

Archived