January 2020 transfer window

oomarkwright

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, TomG said:

Which just happens to be far too often!

And then it leaves us with no pace up front at all as Lawrence and waghorn aren’t particularly quick and Martin is slow and Rooney is slow. We need a back up at least might also give Marriott a kick up the arse to start to want to play 

4 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Cocu says new signing more likely to be the end of next week not the start of it, seems to me we're waiting on Leicester getting a new centre back, Benkovic was on their bench again today.

That’s a way of saying signings the week after ??

We need a centre forward desperately. Thought we had a plethora of them, but Waghorn = not good enough, Marriott = made of paper, Martin = ermmmm not sure. 

1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Nothing about signings.

Although he did say that Tom Lawrence is a lovely bloke, brings an apple into training every day for Philip and he is able to put a rowntrees fruit pastel in his mouth without chewing it.

Lawrence is bloody awful ?

3 minutes ago, Topram said:

Lawrence is bloody awful ?

I cant quite get my head around why he was in the team today? If it's to raise interest in him, surely it would be better to compile a 'best of' DVD and send it to all clubs in England, rather than let him play. No scout is going to watch him and say "there is my man"...apart from our scouts of course.

I would rather have seen Sibley, Hector-Ingram or even Barry from Burtom play out of position than Lawrence.

16 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I cant quite get my head around why he was in the team today? If it's to raise interest in him, surely it would be better to compile a 'best of' DVD and send it to all clubs in England, rather than let him play. No scout is going to watch him and say "there is my man"...apart from our scouts of course.

I would rather have seen Sibley, Hector-Ingram or even Barry from Burtom play out of position than Lawrence.

Was at the game still on way home on train and we all predicted away win until we saw Lawrence he’s done nothing to deserve his place, Waghorn also isn’t good enough 

44 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Is Barry from Burton available ? , what's your source ?     Spill the beans I'm intrigued ??

Lawrence was in the team today because he played well against palace and therefore kept his place. I’m baffled as to why people think he shouldn’t have kept his place?

However he blew it with a poor performance in his best position. I’m a Lawrence fan but I’ve about exhausted all patience with him. He will continue to be inconsistent and we can do better - but we’ll struggle to sell him I think. 

Another one I’m done with is Marriott. Never fit, always little niggles, which indicates to me someone who isn’t as fit as they should be and is not taking their job as serious as they should be!

6 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Lawrence was in the team today because he played well against palace and therefore kept his place. I’m baffled as to why people think he shouldn’t have kept his place?

However he blew it with a poor performance in his best position. I’m a Lawrence fan but I’ve about exhausted all patience with him. He will continue to be inconsistent and we can do better - but we’ll struggle to sell him I think. 

Another one I’m done with is Marriott. Never fit, always little niggles, which indicates to me someone who isn’t as fit as they should be and is not taking their job as serious as they should be!

I’m with you on paragraph 1. I’m not with you on the next 2. 

17 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I’m with you on paragraph 1. I’m not with you on the next 2. 

Hope you’re proved right re: Marriott as there is definitely something there. It’s extremely frustrating how he can’t manage sustained game time.

As for Lawrence, clearly a talent but he’s had enough chances for me now. 

9 minutes ago, Rosythram said:

Lawrence would struggle to get a game with any other championship side, in fairness I don’t believe many 1st division sides would take a punt either.

Crass comment. A lot of championship sides would take him, the crux of the issue is they wouldn't take him for the transfer free which we paid for him nor likely the wages he is on.

Archived