January 2020 transfer window

oomarkwright

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morgan Gibbs-White from Wolves anyone?  Not played much this season for them, outstanding young English talent, other than CF could play anywhere across the front line and would be a substantial upgrade.  Got two Wolves season ticket holding friends and both think a loan would be beneficial for all parties.

4 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

Morgan Gibbs-White from Wolves anyone?  Not played much this season for them, outstanding young English talent, other than CF could play anywhere across the front line and would be a substantial upgrade.  Got two Wolves season ticket holding friends and both think a loan would be beneficial for all parties.

Great suggestion that 

15 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

Wolves have a tiny squad so I can't see it happening unless they get someone in first. He's been in 19 of their matchday squad this season, playing in 10 of them. He's primarily a CM so not a position we'll be looking for

I don't think we need any new strikers.

We already have three fighting over one shirt. Maybe in the summer when we make a decision on chris and waggy.

we don't need much at all now imo given that the academy has suddenly produced a decent crop.

centre half, and a natural left footed left winger if we can find them. 

Maybe a keeper, but Roos played very well v Palace. It just depends whether the fans are prepared to give him another chance. 

we can afford to be very selective, and target younger players to add to our 'babes'. 

There aren't many players around who fit the bill. (Lyle taylor is 29).

1 hour ago, Big Trav said:

Lyle Taylor available. Big strong quick goal scorer. Pls do this Mel 

I don't know much about him but I'm not sure it's worth getting that excited about.

Aged 29 and doesn't seem to have played at a level above Charlton. He seems to be knocking them in for Charlton (most of them at league one level) but so was Derek Hales and we all now what happened there.

1 hour ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

Another player I've never heard of (I really do need to get out more although I'm already over qualified for our scouting team).

Who do you think he would be an upgrade on (genuine question)? Difficult to form an opinion but, wikipedia has him down as only one goal in 68 appearances (although I would imagine the majority of those were short periods as a substitute). His one goal being against the mighty FC Pyunik of Armenia. Mind you, his record at junior England level looks a bit better.

6 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I'm getting the feeling we are looking at stop gap signings to get us through to the summer.

If rumours are to be believed, we are looking at loans, Benkovic (who looks a good player) and Clarke (who I cant see the point in).

I'd have much rather we gave JML a go over loaning Clarke.

The summer is a much more important window for us we want to be able to build in the summer for next season, would be nice to get a couple of loan to buys though 

15 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I'm getting the feeling we are looking at stop gap signings to get us through to the summer.

If rumours are to be believed, we are looking at loans, Benkovic (who looks a good player) and Clarke (who I cant see the point in).

PC said he wants to keep the academy players here either in the first team or under 23s I can only imagine we’ve made a sink or swim scenario for JML and if he only treads water it’ll be how much can we get for him. Similar to Luke Thomas. 

41 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

You’ll be lucky- JML has gone on loan to Bristol Rovers for the rest of the season

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

Another player I've never heard of (I really do need to get out more although I'm already over qualified for our scouting team).

Who do you think he would be an upgrade on (genuine question)? Difficult to form an opinion but, wikipedia has him down as only one goal in 68 appearances (although I would imagine the majority of those were short periods as a substitute). His one goal being against the mighty FC Pyunik of Armenia. Mind you, his record at junior England level looks a bit better.

Because I work with said Wolves fans I do tend to pay a bit more attention to their games than other teams but Gibbs-White has been highlighted on MOTD a couple of times so it's not a totally leftfield suggestion from me.

As to where he plays and who he improves depends on the system, and with the emergence of Bird, Sibley and Knight our best system isn't so clear cut anymore.  In simplistic terms I believe MG-W offers versatility to the team's forward line.  For instance in a 4-2-3-1 he'd definitely have be a strong candidate to replace Waghorn wide right.  MG-W has an immaculate first touch and it frees us to rotate Waghorn with Marriott.

Interest seems to be hotting up in tyrese campbell - stoke.

Son of kevin campbell.

20 years old, left footed striker. Formerly with man city academy. 

Out of contract in the summer

two good goals v huddersfield have brought him to prominence.(goals 3 (cracker) and four for stoke) number 26

might be a great signing for someone - replace waggers? 

Archived