Max Lowe - Left for Sheffield United

NottsRammy

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I’ll be gutted if Lowe goes, as I genuinely think he could be one of the best full backs in the league if given a regular starting berth.

Buchanan has been looking promising though, so let’s hope he steps up.

I'm not messing around here. Lowe has the best anticipation of any defender in this league when the opponent has their back to goal. Lowe intentionally stands off his man, knows the pass is coming, anticipates not reacts, touches the ball before the opponent and we've just won possession. 

However he hasn't quite got it right yet when the player is facing the goal. He likes to dive in, litterally and it's usually 50/50 regarding him winning the ball. If he just stayed on his feet in these situations, he'd be one of the best LB's in the league overall. 

1 hour ago, Arsene Titman said:

Steve Nicholson reporting that Tottenham are interested in Will Hughes. He is valued at 13m and we have a 15% sell on clause so that could mean £1.95m for us

That would depend if it’s 15% of the overall sale fee or on top of what Watford have paid us so far

2 hours ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

I agree , even 11million is absolutely disgusting for them pair , im actually gob smacked if mel decides to sell for that,  regardless of how close we are to ffp or whatever that is still a sickening deal no matter how you look at it 

Not if it’s the difference between bringing in a wide forward and a striker or no further business.

18 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Not if it’s the difference between bringing in a wide forward and a striker or no further business.

But losing both fullbacks in the process? Being stuck with forsyth and buchanan can be the difference between winning and losing just like a forward and winger lol , we all know we desperately need attackers but not at the expense of the defenders , it defeats the object 

19 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

If Bogle adapts straight away to the Premier then in one year he will be £25 million. How much is Hughes worth now, will other Premier teams try to sign him now.

3 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

But losing both fullbacks in the process? Being stuck with forsyth and buchanan can be the difference between winning and losing just like a forward and winger lol , we all know we desperately need attackers but not at the expense of the defenders , it defeats the object 

But it is debatable whether Lowe is our first, second or third best left back and Wisdom is certainly better at defending than Bogle currently is. We need the funds for some creativity and cutting edge further up the field. We are crying out for that. These funds will enable that and not really weaken us defensively ?

Just now, Dcfcrams89 said:

I’d be surprised if bogle and Lowe are anything more than backup/ cover for Baldock and Stevens. Baldock and Stevens have been vital to the way Sheffield play over the past few years.

Pretty sure they have Osborn as backup lwb, played there vs us as well so wouldnt shock me if he left

18 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

But it is debatable whether Lowe is our first, second or third best left back and Wisdom is certainly better at defending than Bogle currently is. We need the funds for some creativity and cutting edge further up the field. We are crying out for that. These funds will enable that and not really weaken us defensively ?

And Forsyth a much better defender than Lowe, in fact Lowe when played always made us weaker on the left, him and Bogle let to many crosses into our box, have we all forgotten this already. For me Wisdom and Forsyth are the best full backs at our club. Need a winger and forward in to mount a top 6 challenge, looking forward to the season. 

44 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Wisdom and Fozzy are decent at this level, Buchanan i think could be better than Lowe by the end of the season. In forward areas we are one paced can’t get in behind, urgently needs attention - as others mention, team in unbalanced, selling the full backs bringing in forward players will give us better balance.

Ideally i wouldn’t sell either Lowe or Bogle as rate them both - but we have to sell someone to strengthen and selling those two will get us the most cash for least impact 

4 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Because we need to sell?

You’re absolutely bang on, surely it’s obvious. Mel wants a return on the academy investment, this would pay ~50% of it......less than 4yrs ROI

21 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

And Forsyth a much better defender than Lowe, in fact Lowe when played always made us weaker on the left, him and Bogle let to many crosses into our box, have we all forgotten this already. For me Wisdom and Forsyth are the best full backs at our club. Need a winger and forward in to mount a top 6 challenge, looking forward to the season. 

In an absolute nutshell ..this ^^

43 minutes ago, Rampage said:

If Bogle adapts straight away to the Premier then in one year he will be £25 million. How much is Hughes worth now, will other Premier teams try to sign him now.

I get the argument. But we have to sell to buy. Pure and simple. If we don’t we make do with what we’ve got and we will not have the tools to improve on last season, same scenario again next summer, players sale value won’t be much greater.

Also how will the players react if they’re prevented from going to the premier league. The way we get best value for our players is to get promoted pure and simple. If we don’t our good players will go, just hopefully in future years we’ll have more wriggle room with P&S and won’t be in such a weak bargaining position to get true value for our players.

32 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

I get the argument. But we have to sell to buy. Pure and simple. If we don’t we make do with what we’ve got and we will not have the tools to improve on last season, same scenario again next summer, players sale value won’t be much greater.

Also how will the players react if they’re prevented from going to the premier league. The way we get best value for our players is to get promoted pure and simple. If we don’t our good players will go, just hopefully in future years we’ll have more wriggle room with P&S and won’t be in such a weak bargaining position to get true value for our players.

In that case, Sibley, Bird and Knight will probsbly be gone next season.

Archived