Matt Clarke - Joined on loan for the season AGAIN

Animal is a Ram

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

He does his best work from central areas 

his biggest asset is That he can go either way and has a rocket of a shot 

crossing is average, decision making with the ball is average, but give him a sight of goal and not he can hit it, that one he hit at Swansea is still travelling lol.

he’s kinda like vydra in that he’s better running At goal with the ball Centrally than trying to play with his back to it or trying to work something from our wide.

Yes. 
Sibley v Lawrence for me 

8 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I think that is where he will need to play as I think the Rooney/Bird partnership in midfield is just too slow and immobile ?

I agree mate if bielik is fit I think rooney will even play even less this season to concentrate on the coaching side.bird will captain the side and I think you may even see bird played slightly more forward than bielik.max has a great eye for a pass and I think it will be used.rooney will play either up top or rotate with sibley.

1 hour ago, islandram said:

What has this got to do with a Matt Clarke thread perhaps mods could stop people just ruining threads 

National mod holiday

13 hours ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

I can't see us playing 5 ATB for 3 reasons

1. Lawrence is one of our key players and highest earners and wouldn't fit in to a 532 or 5212 as he wouldn't play striker or CM or start over Sibley behind the stikers.

2. We have a lot of midfielders and a lot of holding ones like Shinnie ,Bielik and Bird and 5ATB doesn't utilise them properly.

3.  Bogle is good enough to play as wing back but none of our left backs can be relied upon to have the attacking ability to carry the left hand side of our attack and unlock defences with quality play which you need when you play without wingers.

We will play a 4231

with something like this:

Marshall

Bogle Ter Wierik Clarke/Panzo  Lowe/Panzo

Rooney     Bird

New       Sibley     Lawrence

Waghorn

One way it could work is more of a 5-4-1.

Marshall

Wisdom Te Wierik Clarke

Bogle                               Lowe

Rooney Bird

Sibley                Lawrence

Waghorn

With that front 3 they would all be able to swap positions during the game. Or even change to Waggy and Lawrence up front and Sibley just behind. 

Add in Marriott, Holmes, Bielik, Shinnie, Fozzy etc when rotating/as needed. 

9 hours ago, rynny said:

Marshall

Wisdom Te Wierik Clarke

Rooney Bird

Waghorn

With that front 3 they would all be able to swap positions during the game. Or even change to Waggy and Lawrence up front and Sibley just behind. 

I like this a lot. 

But I'd have Marriott up front over Waghorn.

9 hours ago, rynny said:

Marshall

Wisdom Te Wierik Clarke

Rooney Bird

Waghorn

There would be so much sideways and backwards football it would be painful. The fans would complain within 45 minutes.

You are in essence taking a front three player from last year and putting a defender on the pitch.

Our full backs already could attack, no need to convert them to wing backs.

Imagine, Rooney drops deep to get the ball and he has two centre backs one side of him and the other centre back the other side. Bird will be 20 feet diagonally away from him.

It would be horrendous.

I desperately want to keep attacking players on the pitch.

4 minutes ago, rammieib said:

There would be so much sideways and backwards football it would be painful. The fans would complain within 45 minutes.

You are in essence taking a front three player from last year and putting a defender on the pitch.

Our full backs already could attack, no need to convert them to wing backs.

Imagine, Rooney drops deep to get the ball and he has two centre backs one side of him and the other centre back the other side. Bird will be 20 feet diagonally away from him.

It would be horrendous.

I desperately want to keep attacking players on the pitch.

I disagree. With Bogle and Lowe as wing backs, when we're in possession they would provide the width we currently don't have. I'd look at it as giving added cover without the ball and more attacking threat with it.

Derby have found most success in recent years by passing the ball quickly and skilfully to create chances.

In order to do that, you need technically-proficient players throughout your team.

Picking five defenders is like admitting you are nervous with four.

I want us to have a midfield and forwards whose attitude is ‘we can score more than you’.

19 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

I disagree. With Bogle and Lowe as wing backs, when we're in possession they would provide the width we currently don't have. I'd look at it as giving added cover without the ball and more attacking threat with it.

Lowe would have to learn how to cross the ball if he plays wing back...

36 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Derby have found most success in recent years by passing the ball quickly and skilfully to create chances.

In order to do that, you need technically-proficient players throughout your team.

I want us to have a midfield and forwards whose attitude is ‘we can score more than you’.

We scored a few under Jim Smith with 5 defenders on the pitch 

48 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

It's not really 5 defenders, though, is it? It's 3. The wing backs are essentially attacking players.

Archived