Matt Clarke - Joined on loan for the season AGAIN

Animal is a Ram

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Another fake account that has so many people on strings on twitter. 

Has seemingly got a bunch on here believing as well judging by how much stuff of his is being posted. 

His account was created 2 years ago and conveniently there's no Tweets before the 18th of August. His account name has likely been changed to because there's no old archives before the 18th of August under his current name.

I can't be bothered to go through all the archives from the past 5 days of Tweets because the website takes ages to load them, but I did check a few of his first Tweets from the 18th and this was one of them:

eed03de688d3cb4423a99d24fb7b5cbe.png

He tweeted that after Nixon said Marshall is a top target and then when when it came out Marshall was signing he deleted the Tweet. 

3 hours ago, Carnero said:

The formation worked largely because of these 2, they gave us the central midfield physicality of a 3 between them which allowed us to play with the 3 forwards.

Trollope provided energetic cover too when needed.

Absolutely nailed it mate 

34 minutes ago, JustOneChrissyMartin said:

He did say Clarke was set to come back before the Sky story 

Did he? As far as I can see all he said before the Sky story came out was that Derby want him but can't afford a permanent so want him on loan. I think any Derby fan could have probably to you that one.

40 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Did he? As far as I can see all he said before the Sky story came out was that Derby want him but can't afford a permanent so want him on loan. I think any Derby fan could have probably to you that one.

Bloke can't win unless he announces a completely unheard of transfer for us and even then it'll be labelled as a fluke

3 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Bloke can't win unless he announces a completely unheard of transfer for us and even then it'll be labelled as a fluke

You're the one who keeps repeatedly posting him in this and the Panzo thread as if he had some modicum of legitimacy. The only person to believe is John Percy (and at a stretch Alan Nixon but he only nailed Marshall cause he's reliable with Wigan).

2 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

You're the one who keeps repeatedly posting him in this and the Panzo thread as if he had some modicum of legitimacy. The only person to believe is John Percy (and at a stretch Alan Nixon but he only nailed Marshall cause he's reliable with Wigan).

I never said I believe in what he posts, it's just an observation of what Derby fans think of him. I will only believe something Derby related when it's posted by the club itself.

I have seen it on these fake twitters but does anyone else think that maybe the Clark deal is taking longer as we are actually trying to add a option or obligation to buy in there. Thought it would possibly have been done by now unless the charges are holding everything up and we have to get efl approval before but with a loan cant see how this would effect the charge unless wages we are paying 

6 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

I have seen it on these fake twitters but does anyone else think that maybe the Clark deal is taking longer as we are actually trying to add a option or obligation to buy in there. Thought it would possibly have been done by now unless the charges are holding everything up and we have to get efl approval before but with a loan cant see how this would effect the charge unless wages we are paying 

It could be taking longer because it isn't happening.

Things seemed to escalate out of nowhere on Friday, we were signing RuPanzo, Clarke was returning, the EFL charge is being ruled in our favour.

Fast forward to Monday, Panzo is going to Dijon, Clarke hasnt signed and there has been no movement on the charge.

9 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

I think when Sky and other non-Twitter sources reported it, they said it would take longer than a week.

21 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

Would absolutely love it if we managed to put a buy clause in the deal! 

1 hour ago, Barney1991 said:

Blimey! It was only reported on Friday! We officially signed Marshall and didn’t announce for two more days. Chill your beans. 

1 hour ago, ThePrisoner said:

Blimey! It was only reported on Friday! We officially signed Marshall and didn’t announce for two more days. Chill your beans. 

I am chilled was just having a ponderous thought that maybe just maybe we might get to see the machine on a loan to buy. Just a fools hope I wasn't meaning to be tetchy just want the guy back 

Just now, CBRammette said:

Is there even a tiny hope in hell that its delayed because we're trying to get Tomori on loan again as sounds as if he is going out again? I knew he'll go to higher league club here or overseas but could there be a chance......,.? I sm ever the dreamer

No, but like you i'd love to dream of it happening. 

I imagine this is an unpopular opinion but I’d rather have Clarke than tomori.

tomori second half of the season for us was excellent but I think that was amplified by his indifferent first half of the season.

his pace got him out of a lot of situations he had misread... he was a reactive defender rather than a proactive one that reads situations and spends less time getting caught out and having to atone.

not saying tomori isn’t a good defender or that indeed Clarke is better , I just prefer Clarke , more my type of centre half 

solid, reliable, no frills although pretty comfortable On the ball in his own right 

sod it lets just have both lol 

3 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

I imagine this is an unpopular opinion but I’d rather have Clarke than tomori.

tomori second half of the season for us was excellent but I think that was amplified by his indifferent first half of the season.

his pace got him out of a lot of situations he had misread... he was a reactive defender rather than a proactive one that reads situations and spends less time getting caught out and having to atone.

not saying tomori isn’t a good defender or that indeed Clarke is better , I just prefer Clarke , more my type of centre half 

solid, reliable, no frills although pretty comfortable On the ball in his own right 

sod it lets just have both lol 

It's unpopular for a reason. Tomori is a better footballer, Clarke was pretty clumsy in the box and gave away how many penalties? Tomori using his pace isn't a bad thing, I don't know why people treat it as such - sure he uses his pace, it's one of his attributes surely it's a good thing he uses his pace to bail him out? Wonderful at passing a ball, quick, strong, improved a dramatic amount with us. Tomori's my favourite Derby player ever. Clarke was above average, Tomori was phenomenal.

Archived