Pre Season Friendly v Rangers (A)

DarkFruitsRam7

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SaintRam said:

With our winger situation, I would absolutely not suggest either are the furthest from starting. Anya's probably our #2 left winger, and Whittakers probably our #2 right winger.

That might make harrowing reading but it's likely our current reality.

I think Bennett or Wags would be reutilised if needed. Bogle and Malone further forward should be options too. 

34 minutes ago, Nyderby said:

Thank you. 

Actually my first post was when I moved to  Derby and was all excited to meet fellow supporters. I was trashed by some fool indicating that I was some fair weather supporter due to “recent success” or some rubbish. I explained that I was new to the country and was still met with skepticism and disdain. I am well used to poor welcomes on this site, but thank you for your sentiment! COYR!

When your number counts low on here mate you’ll need a thick skin, tin hat & flack jacket ... welcome aboard ?

We weren't tied on for top 2 when we beat Burton, we aren't tied on for bottom 3 now we've lost to Rangers.

Now I know this may rock the boat for a few, and I don't want to be controversial for the sake of it, but shouldn't we wait until we've got our signings in and we've played a few actual Championship teams before we start hacking at our collective wrists with a broken Buckfast bottle?

11 minutes ago, peachmyster said:

you think Bennett is the answer to our attacking options he should be nowhere near the first team along with Anya , Lawrence, bird and joflow 

Well it looks like they probably will be so don’t bother coming until we sign Messi, Ronaldo and van dijk. 

Back home safe n sound. ☺️

Well that was a rubbish performance from Derby.

I'm not panicked, but we chucked in 4/10 "it's a friendly" against an ok Rangers side giving it 7/10 "we want to win it" performances.

It's going to take time, we're severely underdone considering season starts next week, but it's not like we're staring down the barrel. Sign a decent midfielder and let the coaching take hold.

15 minutes ago, Needlesh said:

We weren't tied on for top 2 when we beat Burton, we aren't tied on for bottom 3 now we've lost to Rangers.

Now I know this may rock the boat for a few, and I don't want to be controversial for the sake of it, but shouldn't we wait until we've got our signings in and we've played a few actual Championship teams before we start hacking at our collective wrists with a broken Buckfast bottle?

Don't be silly...season just about over?

35 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Blows my mind people can go to a friendly game, and treat it as if we just lost the playoff final to Forest. 

We lost the play-off final to Villa who have just spent £100 million on new players against our £0.

Losing a couple of games in pre-season can be beneficial.  Makes it apparent to everyone that a lot of work needs to be done, it exposes the areas that could use some strengthening.  So hopefully, we'll learn from this.  No harm done.  On the other hand it's always nice to win the last game before the new season starts for morale. 

Can't help but thinking we need a couple of good signings if we are going to be competitive near the top end of the table next season.  Hardly news to anyone that I suppose. 

1 minute ago, Harrowram said:

We lost the play-off final to Villa who have just spent £100 million on new players against our £0.

Good for them. They're no longer relevant to what we do, spending money is never a good way to judge how successful a season will be anyway. Fulham spent 100 mil last year and came straight down.

9 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Good for them. They're no longer relevant to what we do, spending money is never a good way to judge how successful a season will be anyway. Fulham spent 100 mil last year and came straight down.

They were in the Premier League and they have a very good chance of promotion this season due to good recruitment. Derby lost a play-off final, lost their loan signings and a number other players , have significantly lower wage bill than last season, have bought nobody and stand a fair chance of doing nothing.

7 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

They were in the Premier League and they have a very good chance of promotion this season due to good recruitment. Derby lost a play-off final, lost their loan signings and a number other players , have significantly lower wage bill than last season, have bought nobody and stand a fair chance of doing nothing.

Oh well. Guess it's the end of the world, may as well stick money on our relegation already. Think it's silly to be so negative already, we have a title winning new manager, we have an amazing academy with some players looking ready for first team action, we'll bring in some new recruits shortly, we're building up in the right way.

4 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Oh well. Guess it's the end of the world, may as well stick money on our relegation already. Think it's silly to be so negative already, we have a title winning new manager, we have an amazing academy with some players looking ready for first team action, we'll bring in some new recruits shortly, we're building up in the right way.

giphy.gif

13 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

I've highlighted the pertinent part of your email which isn't true, it should read due to having enormous parachute payments post relegation from the Premiership. 

I know every year we say it's going to be a transition season but I really do believe that this will be a genuine one which we will have to be patient with.

It doesn't look as though we are bringing any big signings in,maybe a couple of decent loans but we are going to be relying on the old guard and bringing on the new boys,which to be fair,do show the beginnings of genuine talent.

7 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I've highlighted the pertinent part of your email which isn't true, it should read due to having enormous parachute payments post relegation from the Premiership. 

Man City and Liverpool have a lot of money. Doesn’t mean they don’t recruit well.

Archived