Pre Season Friendly v Rangers (A)

DarkFruitsRam7

3 hours ago, Nyderby said:

Thank you. 

Actually my first post was when I moved to  Derby and was all excited to meet fellow supporters. I was trashed by some fool indicating that I was some fair weather supporter due to “recent success” or some rubbish. I explained that I was new to the country and was still met with skepticism and disdain. I am well used to poor welcomes on this site, but thank you for your sentiment! COYR!

Don’t be put off @Nyderby; there are loads of fantastic fans on here. You’re very welcome and we want to hear your points of view. 

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we have to be realistic. Last season Lampard applied a sticking plaster in the form of Mount, Wilson and Tomori. They’re all gone. For good.

So we’re in a rebuild / transition scenario. We won’t have any loans in place for maybe a week or so and will be a work in progress. 

We’ve got Holmes and Marriott to come back so they’ll be some added competition. So,let’s get behind the new management. They know what they’re about. 

26 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

I think we have to be realistic. Last season Lampard applied a sticking plaster in the form of Mount, Wilson and Tomori. They’re all gone. For good.

So we’re in a rebuild / transition scenario. We won’t have any loans in place for maybe a week or so and will be a work in progress. 

We’ve got Holmes and Marriott to come back so they’ll be some added competition. So,let’s get behind the new management. They know what they’re about. 

Well said.A poster who always offers a considered  and informative view

44 minutes ago, Ram8 said:

Roos .. Man of match by a mile .. 9

Bogle .. poor game, no further development apparent this season .. 4

Keogh .. his usual solid defensive performance, and confident in bringing the ball out .. 8

Evans .. confident and assured, becoming a good partner for Keogh .. 7 

Malone .. bit shaky at times and no forward runs .. 5

Huddlestone .. not his best game ever, but mostly assured under the constant pressure .. 6

Dowell .. not completely integrated as yet, so jury still out .. 6 

Lawrence .. better in midfield than on wing but just as frustrating .. 4

Jozefzoon .. no sign of any improvement whatsoever, shouldn’t get any more chances .. 3 

Bennett .. ever a trier, but still not Championship standard and never will be .. 4 

Waghorn .. ok no service to speak of, but can’t hold the ball up when he does get it, and no threat against the better teams .. 5 

Give us Chris Martin PLEASE Mr. Cocu .. 

Solid ratings (went). I was about to like this before reading the Martin bit 

1 hour ago, Ram8 said:

Keogh .. his usual solid defensive performance, and confident in bringing the ball out .. 8

Huddlestone .. not his best game ever, but mostly assured under the constant pressure .. 6

Jozefzoon .. no sign of any improvement whatsoever, shouldn’t get any more chances .. 3 

Bennett .. ever a trier, but still not Championship standard and never will be .. 4 

Waghorn .. ok no service to speak of, but can’t hold the ball up when he does get it, and no threat against the better teams .. 5 

And Martin against Girona ? 

Anyway, preseason and as is often said Rangers are about the level of a better championship team, so with a foreshortened preseason, a new manager and away from home, we lost by an odd goal. Hardly indicative of anything. The team got another game under their belts, got to work for a few more hours with the new management team and all parties will have learned.

I’d have loved a win for the confidence it instils but am not in the least bit worried. Add in that all the concerns about the defence have been put into perspective, they clearly did a good job. Midfield is the key and always has been for the last 5 years or more. (Makes having to lose WH all the more irritating )

16 minutes ago, algeran said:

All fair but from above,

'Roos .. Man of match by a mile .. 9'

Agree with that  - sad day when your goalie is MOM

when people of the day. - who score goals, OHare, George, Hector, Lee, Saunders, Swindlehurst, Davidson, Sturridge, Kitson, Howard.....should be hitting MOM...not ducking goalies

8 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

He’s right. Roos was ducking brilliant today. Best game in a Derby shirt.

He made some flashy saves for sure, so credit where it is due.

what u aren’t taking into consideration is his total lack of ability to control the goal mouth and the box generally, which then leads to the opposition having chances ....

Don't know why everyone's so uptight. Wasn't like this after the Burton game, the same game we knocked 5 in and waghorn scored a hat trick.

All of a sudden we have a crap game and lose by a goal to nil to a good team further than us in their preparations... And all of a sudden we're getting relegated this season.

Chill the duck out people. We all know pre season is a confusing time and is just about getting minutes in the legs. Don't take it so seriously.

We've lost 3 quality loans and a rookie manager. Now we currently have a couple of additions and also a couple more quality loans coming our way going off from what our qualified, title winning manager has said. 

We finished last season so close to the promised land and brought the feel good factor back to the club. This should live on. There's no reason why we can't push for it again. 

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

He’s right. Roos was ducking brilliant today. Best game in a Derby shirt.

Barring the 1 on 1 in the first half he didn't make a single save that wasn't regulation.

Some serious Roos tinted views on here tonight.

Wasn"t poor, wasn't brilliant. Just did what a keeper at this level should do.

4 hours ago, Charlie van de Borreltje said:

Barring the 1 on 1 in the first half he didn't make a single save that wasn't regulation.

Some serious Roos tinted views on here tonight.

Wasn"t poor, wasn't brilliant. Just did what a keeper at this level should do.

If carson had made the saves, i'm pretty sure that there would be a queue of experts telling us that it demonstrates how much better carson is, and that there was no way roos could have done it.

p.s. The one he tipped over the bar in the first half was a fantastic save

9 hours ago, Ram8 said:

That's well harsh, writing Bogle off for the whole season. I feel he will continue to improve considerably this season...

The team looked what is it, short of match practice, we will start slowly but will come good.

6 hours ago, Derbyramhk said:

Always a worry when GK's are voted best players by miles. 

You might have a point but if the choice is 

A) The Goalie had a nightmare

B ) The goalie was the best player on the pitch

tick your preferred option ? I know what mine is ?

Archived