Pre Season Friendly v Rangers (A)

DarkFruitsRam7

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

He looked onside though, and was through on goal. So surely it was the right run on this occasion? 

Anywho, FT 1-0; should've been 5-0 but for Roos. Although worth noting that Rangers probably are a better side than us, and have started their competitive season already. Still a very poor showing.

Well he cut the space out for the runner, and made the pass more difficult in the process of running offside. So not, not really. 

Couldn’t do the basics. We were the same last year, had the ability to play very poorly considering our league position. RamsTV commentary said it all... every time we put together three forward passes...”..this is better from Derby”. It’s like it’s a surprise. A lot of work to do but shouldn’t be a major shock to anyone

Surely there must be someone at the club who dould have told Cocu that Anya and Martin are hopeless, Josefzoon has been a poor buy and that we need proper replacements for Tomori, Mount and Wilson aswell as a pacey CDM. Why has he had to find this out a week before the season starts?I sincerely hope decent players are recruited next week.

2 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

We are only missing Wilson and Mount though aren’t we ? 

True, but we struggled when Mount wasn't playing last season. The run when he was injured was horrible.

Wilson was a creative player, for me Lawrence is inconsistent and as much as I like Bennett he isn't a promotion chasing teams starter, Joz has been nothing but poor for us.

I'm surprised that we haven't strengthened in midfield, although I'm still hoping that Frank sorts us out with some quality.

I see this season as being like the Nigel Person one I'm afraid, and that's not me being overly negative it's me looking at what we've got and what we've lost, and can see is being mid-table at best. I fully expect us to be closer to the relegation spots come October then to the top 6.

Midfield was a problem for us last season and now we've lost Bradley, Bryson and Mount from what was an already weak/poor position for us.

I hope to God I'm massively wrong mind.

Only Roos Keogh & Evans can come out of that game happy with their performances. Cant have 2 'attacking' players either side of Huddlestone, totally over run in the middle, Shinnie should have been on earlier to give us some energy, will be a regular starter imo.

Need to remember that this team is missing Marriott & Holmes who will give us an attacking threat, Dowell also needs to be played further forward.

Personally think we need another centre mid & winger. Not as doom & gloom as many think. Attacking wise we have : Waghorn Marriott Martin Lawrence Bennett Jozefzoon Dowell Holmes Anya - not as bad as some are making out. Roos certainly making a decent claim to be our number 1. If we get a new GK they need to play a similar way to Roos but better.

Would have liked Sibley to have come on today. Think a 4231 may be better suited currently with Hudd & Shinnie in the 2 then 3 of Lawrence Dowell Jozefzoon Bennett Marriott just behind Waghorn

If it's any consolation I remember watching a pre-season match between a Conference side and a league 2 Bury where both sides fielded their strongest sides. The Conference side won 5-0. 

I left thinking what a good bet Bury would be for relegation that season but they went and won the opening four league matches without conceding a single goal.

That said, our squad is lacking depth and quality unless several of the Academy graduates prove good enough. Patience and realism required from us fans imo. 

14 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

Surely there must be someone at the club who dould have told Cocu that Anya and Martin are hopeless, Josefzoon has been a poor buy and that we need proper replacements for Tomori, Mount and Wilson aswell as a pacey CDM. Why has he had to find this out a week before the season starts?I sincerely hope decent players are recruited next week.

Perhaps he's one of those really unique managers who chooses to have a look at players himself rather than hiring or firing on the basis of third party opinions. Bonkers huh?

Archived