Pre Season Friendly v Rangers (A)

DarkFruitsRam7

I know we lost the game but I been to rangers ground never throught get to In my life time I found rangers fans friendly as can be. Plus we took micky out of centic.

I just want to say rangers get a lof of bad press over nrothing in my eyes your welcome in Derby any time if you want to help come supporting mighty Derby county more than welcome.

Good luck rangers I hope you win the spl this season I will keep eye out for results.

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good lad, pleased for you mate.

Think I've told this story before,  but after the Tin Man testimonial I went for a Chinese in Etwall a few hours after the match, there was a busload of Rangers fans in before me and I had to wait ages to get served as theirs was a massive order. I spent the time talking footy with the fans, after about an hour or so my order was ready and I went to pay only to find that the rangers lads had already paid for holding me up. Really nice gesture.

I also had an MPGS guard who was a Rangers fan who used to go on a rampage every old firm Derby and end up being arrested by the RMP for hitting people, but that's another story!

3 hours ago, TommyPowel said:

heres a few facts you seem to have missed our clubs hands were tied where signings were concerned there was no point Mel doing anything player wise until PC was legally our manager.The idea of pre season matches is so the manager can try different players in different roles  and different situations some work some dont.Last of all why pick on Bennett and Anya they werent the worst players on the pitch.And i will say this about Anya, I have watched all 6 preseasons on line,and Anya has given is all for every minute he has played.You cant blame him the managers because managers didnt give him a chance.

Was going to give a lengthy response but cant be bothered . If your happy with Bennett in midfield good on ya . Heres to bottom 5 . You haven't really read my post at all other than that .

3 hours ago, Rampage said:

Cocu did not sign Shinnie and may not be inclined to play him.

Cocu didn't sign any of them,Shinnie was a Derby player when Cocu took over (or at least on pre-contract terms) the same as the rest of them so i can't understand your logic saying he might not be inclined to play him.As Cocu has stated it's a clean start for everyone

1 hour ago, atherstoneram said:

Cocu didn't sign any of them,Shinnie was a Derby player when Cocu took over (or at least on pre-contract terms) the same as the rest of them so i can't understand your logic saying he might not be inclined to play him.As Cocu has stated it's a clean start for everyone

Shinnie is the only player who did not play here last season who is here now that Cocu did not sign. Presumably Cocu did sign Dowell. Shinnie in a category of his own therefore. I am also unconvinced that Shinnie is a Cocu type player. My perception is that Sibley and Knight could well be. What do I know? I have my opinions. Even Shane Nicholson thought Shinnie would start against Rangers and I thought that he wouldn't. 

On 28/07/2019 at 19:14, Andicis said:

Oh well. Guess it's the end of the world, may as well stick money on our relegation already. Think it's silly to be so negative already, we have a title winning new manager, we have an amazing academy with some players looking ready for first team action, we'll bring in some new recruits shortly, we're building up in the right way.

I am not negative but just realistic. There doesn't seem to be much of a plan to re-shape the squad given the players who have gone. The situation isn't the fault of the new manager as he isn't resposible for the relatively short amount of time he has had to assess and plan. However he is very likely to take the blame should Derby start the season poorly and we don't have an easy start to the season in terms of fixtures. I hope some decent signings are introduced before the transfer deadline.

1 hour ago, CWC1983 said:

Weird. 

Why would Derby fans sing that?

Whats Celtic got to do with a friendly between Derby and Rangers? 

"we wanna be your pals, do yous wanna be our pals" I don't think it's anything more than enjoying mixing with rangers fans and enjoying playing along at being rangers-ey for a bit. If it had been at Pride Park would the rangers have started the bounce?

5 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Was going to give a lengthy response but cant be bothered . If your happy with Bennett in midfield good on ya . Heres to bottom 5 . You haven't really read my post at all other than that .

I didnt ask why Bennett was in midfield i asked why pick on him and Anya when they was worse players played on Sunday

Good turn out yesterday. I am sure most of us who went were there for the opportunity to visit Ibrox as who knows if it will happen again. It was always likely to be a friendly atmosphere given how well their visit to us at a friendly a few years ago at PP was. I thought we were fine for the first twenty and had a few decent spells but in truth that's about as flattering 1-0 as you'll see. Rangers play good football and use the wings well especially down their right. I think they could actually win something this year. Which is a big thing for them since its 2011 since they won  a major Scottish honour. Good luck to them.

55 minutes ago, TommyPowel said:

I didnt ask why Bennett was in midfield i asked why pick on him and Anya when they was worse players played on Sunday

heres a few facts you seem to have missed our clubs hands were tied where signings were concerned there was no point Mel doing anything player wise until PC was legally our manager.The idea of pre season matches is so the manager can try different players in different roles  and different situations some work some dont.Last of all why pick on Bennett and Anya they werent the worst players on the pitch.And i will say this about Anya, I have watched all 6 preseasons on line,and Anya has given is all for every minute he has played.You cant blame him the managers because managers didnt give him a chance. 

You asked a fair bit more including one point where you argued the case regarding our hands being tied in the transfer market which is a point I actually made in my original post. Bennett isn't a midfielder nobody has ever played him there. Anya cannot be our saviour he's been here 4 years under 5 managers and never plays they can't all be wrong . 

7 hours ago, Danelaw Rams said:

No....can't think of one reason ?

20190729_230805.jpg

Derby dont need to get involved in tit for tat rubbish that the old firm gets involved in, unless Ive missed something and theres an active political element within the support. 

Id expect that from Millwall / Leeds, but Derby.....? 

Archived