Pre Season Friendly v Rangers (A)

DarkFruitsRam7

Just now, caymanram said:

Roos can stop a shot no doubt. But he just can’t command his area. We need a better first choice keeper.

I can name a few keeper who'd play Championship football who can command their box, but they all get a bit limp wristed when it comes to stopping shots; or they don't know how to kick a ball properly.

Would be a huge job to find a goalkeeper who's good (enough) at everything consistently, who we can afford.

Although if they can manage it I'd be as pleased as anyone.

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, COYR85 said:

WASTE OF MY MONEY AND TIME TRAVELLING UP TODAY.. PATHETIC PERFORMANCE.. I WANT PAID BACK OFF MEL IT WAS A SHOCKER COCU HAS A LOT TO DO SO NOTHING THIS YEAR IM AFRAID.. YOU CAN SAY YES IT WAS A FRIENDLY BUT IT WAS OUR LAST ONE AND NOT 1 SHOT ON TARGET RANGERS 20 SHOTS TO OUR 2.. GREAT 7 HOUR DRIVE HOME SICKENED!!!!!

spacer.png

10 minutes ago, Nyderby said:

I’m an American with his phone set to septic spelling. Apologies but it’s just easier for all involved. Even when I intend to use proper English, septic autocorrect overrides me. 

Hey Ken. Don’t be put off by some of our ignorant members. I’m sure I wasn’t alone in spotting an American from the ‘correct’ use of spelling in offense (at least from your side of the pond). It’s just that we spell it differently. Welcome to the forum and here’s hoping we have something to smile about soon! ?

The sooner people learn to not badmouth Chris Martin in the presence of Kash the better for their health tbf. 

51 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Perhaps he's one of those really unique managers who chooses to have a look at players himself rather than hiring or firing on the basis of third party opinions. Bonkers huh?

Perhaps he is. But he hasn't got long to put a lot of things right and it was quite obvious to all but the blind that the three loanees last season papered over significant cracks-notwithstanding the other players who have departed. Joe Ledley (remember him) began last season against Reading as CDM. We had a fourth striker (Nugent ) started that game because Marriott(it is the start of the season and he isn't fit again) and Waghorn weren't fit. Waghorn spent a significant part of the season on the wing-partly because our £2.5 million signing from Brentford (Josefzoon) couldn't justify a start.

1 hour ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Who are you???

Nugent's gone already and Martin's not even played today.

And try and spell offence and defence correctly,it makes your post even more annoying.

A bit harsh. I think the clue is in his name. NY I think might just be New York. They don't do defence 

31 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

I think Hudds is an absolute Rolls Royce of a footballer at times.......

And a milk float at others?

14 minutes ago, COYR85 said:

WASTE OF MY MONEY AND TIME TRAVELLING UP TODAY.. PATHETIC PERFORMANCE.. I WANT PAID BACK OFF MEL IT WAS A SHOCKER COCU HAS A LOT TO DO SO NOTHING THIS YEAR IM AFRAID.. YOU CAN SAY YES IT WAS A FRIENDLY BUT IT WAS OUR LAST ONE AND NOT 1 SHOT ON TARGET RANGERS 20 SHOTS TO OUR 2.. GREAT 7 HOUR DRIVE HOME SICKENED!!!!!

Bingo Masters Break Out!

My favourite ever post on here.

Sickened!!

1 minute ago, Ramarena said:

spacer.png

Trolling? i just basically watched the worst performance in a number of years.. the final pre season and get shown how to play off Rangers say what you must but it was diabolical!!! 

10 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Well,now you have explained that,it's understandable.

As I said though,our attacking options are fine as far as I'm concerned.....although,I'd hoped to see more of Bennett and Marriott linking up with Martin than you probably would.

I'm concerned by our weak midfield more than anything...without a more mobile,effective set up there our forwards will be starved and a lack of goals will be the result.

If I’m honest, It would have been easier to chat had you not been a rick at first, but I appreciate your response. 

I love Marriott and his pace and creativity.  Having watched Martin often at Pride Park when I was there, his strengths  do not seem to favor the role you describe. I don’t find his work ethic or creativity to be significant parts of his game. However, I’ll gladly eat my words if he is willing to fulfill this role. He did show nice ball distribution vs Girona on a few occasions. 

2 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

A bit harsh. I think the clue is in his name. NY I think might just be New York. They don't do defence 

Spot on mate. NY born and raised, but privileged to live outside Derby for a few years to watch the Rams. 

You know the best thing ever to do is don't watch any pre season. They are a waste of time and glorified training sessions. Nothing counts. The first game is where it starts. Then you cant judge a league table till November time!!! All a fuss about nothing.

Archived