Pre Season Friendly v Rangers (A)

DarkFruitsRam7

Can't bloody wait for this one. Travelling up to Glasgow on the Saturday morning, trying to finish off an essay whilst getting on the alcoholic ribena. Out on the piss in Glasgow on the Saturday evening with @Topram, a fry up on the Sunday morning and back at it pre-match. Then a late night trip back home before catching the train to London the following morning to begin my travels round France.

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would like to see this starting lineup on Saturday. 

Roos 

bogle        Keogh       Evans     Lowe 

Huddlestone

Dowell               Sibley

Lawrence        Waghorn     bennett

Ideally would like to see a new keeper and a new winger brought in soon but doubt it will be before rangers.

As far as the bench is concerned I’d want to see knight involved at some point as he sharp tonight and hopefully Marriott will be fit to play some part in the game.

I know it’s about performance but living in  I’m really hoping we can get a result to avoid the stick off my SPL favouring mates... COYR ???

Pretty sure this will be the starting line up or close to it for Rangers and Huddersfield

Roos

Bogle   Keogh   Evans   Malone

Huddlestone

Dowell   Shinnie

Jozefzoon   Waghorn   Lawrence

Bench Mitchell, Davies, Sibley, Knight, Holmes, Bennett, Marriott

To be honest I would be fairly happy with that, with the addition of a couple of loans which I'm sure will come before the window closes and the big clubs make a decision on who can go out.

I know people will say we haven't replaced the outgoings, but I look at it now as Evans replacing Tomori at the back, Dowell for Mount, Shinnie for Johnson, Knight and Sibley for Bryson which only really leaves Wilson that needs the gap filling, I mean IF we could bring him back that would be perfect, a little surprised Sheff United haven't made a move for him.

Wage bill reduced, no big summer spend, this will only position Cocu better for the January window where he will have time to time to perhaps find a gem or two from his homeland on the cheap if needed.

6 minutes ago, David said:

Pretty sure this will be the starting line up or close to it for Rangers and Huddersfield

Roos

Huddlestone

Dowell   Shinnie

To be honest I would be fairly happy with that, with the addition of a couple of loans which I'm sure will come before the window closes and the big clubs make a decision on who can go out.

I know people will say we haven't replaced the outgoings, but I look at it now as Evans replacing Tomori at the back, Dowell for Mount, Shinnie for Johnson, Knight and Sibley for Bryson which only really leaves Wilson that needs the gap filling, I mean IF we could bring him back that would be perfect, a little surprised Sheff United haven't made a move for him.

Wage bill reduced, no big summer spend, this will only position Cocu better for the January window where he will have time to time to perhaps find a gem or two from his homeland on the cheap if needed.

At least one winger is desperately needed there. Plus a centre back to cover/replace Evans. At the minimum.

3 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

For me

Kellie roos 

Same back 4 

I have lawarance on the 

Bennett on the right

Martin sitting behind front two

Marriott and waghorn.

Were martin can swap with Marriott or waghorn keep them guessing.

Now I like attacking football as much as the next man B4 but that's pretty wild . 

4 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

For me

Kellie roos 

Same back 4 

I have lawarance on the 

Bennett on the right

Marriott and waghorn.

Attacking that, only leaves you with one midfielder! 

Personally strongest 11 at the moment for me is

Roos

Bogle.      Keogh.             Evans.        Malone 

Huddlestone 

Shinnie.                       Dowell

Bennett.            Waghorn.              Lawrence 

I'd like to see: Roos, Bogle, Keogh, Evans, Lowe, Huddlestone, Sibley, Dowell, Lawrence, Waghorn, Bennett. 

Lowe, Sibley and Bennett to have an audition for opening day. Malone, Shinnie and Jozefzoon seem like more likely options. Marriott may need the minutes, so could well push Waghorn out wide, although I'd assume it would look more like a diamond with Waghorn and Marriott upfront. 

8 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

For me

Kellie roos 

Same back 4 

I have lawarance on the 

Bennett on the right

Marriott and waghorn.

Roos
 Bogle           Keogh                  Evans            Malone

Bennett                 Martin                Lawrence
                    Marriott                Waghorn 

I guess that would certainly keep the opposition guessing. 

2 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Well isnt the point to keep them guessing making hard who to pick up.

Yeah, certainly can't argue from an attacking point of view, but I imagine their midfield would have the freedom of glasgow. Martin isn't the most agile and he'd effectively be playing CDM, CM & CAM in one sitting. 

You need a couple of midfielders in there mate. 

1 hour ago, David said:

Roos

Huddlestone

Dowell   Shinnie

To be honest I would be fairly happy with that, with the addition of a couple of loans which I'm sure will come before the window closes

You're frigging joking man? We need minimum 4 new players, loans or 'permanents' (whatever that even mwans) - a keeper, first choice, a kick ass centre midfielder and are you really fairly happy with Jozefzoon and Lawrence as our two wingers? We need 2 more wingers.

Cocu is here, this could be our season. Mel needs to back him and I think he will.

Couple of loans my arse.

Archived