Pre Season Friendly v Rangers (A)

DarkFruitsRam7

13 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

Derby dont need to get involved in tit for tat rubbish that the old firm gets involved in, unless Ive missed something and theres an active political element within the support. 

Id expect that from Millwall / Leeds, but Derby.....? 

Completely agree. But that's offensive to every decent person. 

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

heres a few facts you seem to have missed our clubs hands were tied where signings were concerned there was no point Mel doing anything player wise until PC was legally our manager.The idea of pre season matches is so the manager can try different players in different roles  and different situations some work some dont.Last of all why pick on Bennett and Anya they werent the worst players on the pitch.And i will say this about Anya, I have watched all 6 preseasons on line,and Anya has given is all for every minute he has played.You cant blame him the managers because managers didnt give him a chance. 

You asked a fair bit more including one point where you argued the case regarding our hands being tied in the transfer market which is a point I actually made in my original post. Bennett isn't a midfielder nobody has ever played him there. Anya cannot be our saviour he's been here 4 years under 5 managers and never plays they can't all be wrong . 

OK my final attempt to get my points across I will list them one at a time maybe then you will understand my comments.

A)Idid not say Bennett would be midfielder.I said a manager can use friendly games to try players in different positions.            B) At no point did i  comment on Anyas ability I said the effort  he has shown in his pre season appearances has been 100 percent

The old firm are basically two poles of a ******** magnet.

If Celtic said they were going start putting cow pats in their pies, rangers would put horse dung in there ones. Like CWC1983 said, stop out of it, it's nothing but bother, tit fir tat bad as each other nonsense.

I've known cracking fans of both the old firm clubs and away form the us and them BS it's just normal folks with a team they support, but when it becomes an old firm thing, huns and feinians and so on, it's just a cess pit of bile.

Celtic fans do stuff like that to get at rangers fans, no other reason, same as rangers fans giving it FTP are just doing it to wind up Celtic fans.

1 hour ago, TommyPowel said:

OK my final attempt to get my points across I will list them one at a time maybe then you will understand my comments.

A)Idid not say Bennett would be midfielder.I said a manager can use friendly games to try players in different positions.            B) At no point did i  comment on Anyas ability I said the effort  he has shown in his pre season appearances has been 100 percent

I understood your comments quite well thanks.  Trying Bennett in midfield shows we have a serious lack of option .  Anya playing for the first team is rarer than the second coming of Christ, this indicates a serious lack of option  .   That's two of my points listed clearly . All done with this now mate.

21 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I understood your comments quite well thanks.  Trying Bennett in midfield shows we have a serious lack of option .  Anya playing for the first team is rarer than the second coming of Christ, this indicates a serious lack of option  .   That's two of my points listed clearly . All done with this now mate.

Would we have started Bennett there if: Holmes was fit; Shinnie didn't spend time out with a knock the week before; Knight hadn't played as much, and Sibley had spent more time being integrated into the side? Bennett also played very well in that role in previous pre-season games, so it was worth another go.

51 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Would we have started Bennett there if: Holmes was fit; Shinnie didn't spend time out with a knock the week before; Knight hadn't played as much, and Sibley had spent more time being integrated into the side? Bennett also played very well in that role in previous pre-season games, so it was worth another go.

The fact we had too kind of reiterates the point.  Two of the players above are youngsters. One is defensive midfielder from what I've seen . One isn't really a midfielder.  We need some midfielders .

All our weaknesses were exposed in that game. Five good signings will hopefully address those issues. Coco clearly feels that those players could not deliver the type of promotion challenge and style of play that he had hoped for. Even the new signings will need to.play well to get in the team and stay in.it.

Archived