The Championship 19/20

David

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Have you ever seen a more depressing top six? Imagine the state of the Play Offs.

Tell me about it, the Sky Sports PR team would really have to earn their wages there.

Just got a feeling this might be a year of the underdog. That, and not many really stand out to me.

I've had to put Forest in there as much as anything to tempt fate.

4 hours ago, TibshelfRam said:

Tell me about it, the Sky Sports PR team would really have to earn their wages there.

Just got a feeling this might be a year of the underdog. That, and not many really stand out to me.

I've had to put Forest in there as much as anything to tempt fate.

Not many underdogs in your top 6 there. Thats 4 teams on parachute payments. Still think Leeds will be up there, but i agree Blackburn could be a dark horse this season. Personally i think Forest wont be anywhere near the playoffs though.

Good game for the neutral last night, really enjoyed the contest.

To be honest as a Derby fan suffering Wembley heartbreak I don’t think I’ve ever looked forward to a season more than this one in a long time. Excited for our prospects now but also because the general champ standard has improved so much it’s now not only competitive but entertaining too.

Out of interest, is there any teams in the mix that we should be fearing? Maybe I’m a bit overexcited with our signings but there’s not a team I feel we can’t go toe to toe with this season.

4 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Good game for the neutral last night, really enjoyed the contest.

To be honest as a Derby fan suffering Wembley heartbreak I don’t think I’ve ever looked forward to a season more than this one in a long time. Excited for our prospects now but also because the general champ standard has improved so much it’s now not only competitive but entertaining too.

Out of interest, is there any teams in the mix that we should be fearing? Maybe I’m a bit overexcited with our signings but there’s not a team I feel we can’t go toe to toe with this season.

Fulham. West Brom and Leeds are the only ones at the moment that I am waiting to see what they are like and whether they will be threatening the top of the league. Fulham managed to keep a good portion of its squad from the last time it got promoted, but lost Jokanovic and appointed a rookie in the form of Scott Parker. West Brom have Bilic and lost a few players again, so a bit of unknown for me. And Leeds fell apart when they weren't allowed to spy anymore, but Bielsa is a good manager and I expect them to be up there again even if they have also lost some of their better players. However I am quietly confident that of those it will only really be West Brom challenging at the top.

On another note loving how fast Sky Sports are uploading highlights now and the fact they are doing it on Youtube instead of their own craptacular website.

2 hours ago, GenBr said:

On another note loving how fast Sky Sports are uploading highlights now and the fact they are doing it on Youtube instead of their own craptacular website

I read they'll be doing it for Premier League matches too.

7 hours ago, GenBr said:

Fulham. West Brom and Leeds are the only ones at the moment that I am waiting to see what they are like and whether they will be threatening the top of the league. Fulham managed to keep a good portion of its squad from the last time it got promoted, but lost Jokanovic and appointed a rookie in the form of Scott Parker. West Brom have Bilic and lost a few players again, so a bit of unknown for me. And Leeds fell apart when they weren't allowed to spy anymore, but Bielsa is a good manager and I expect them to be up there again even if they have also lost some of their better players. However I am quietly confident that of those it will only really be West Brom challenging at the top.

On another note loving how fast Sky Sports are uploading highlights now and the fact they are doing it on Youtube instead of their own craptacular website.

Gonna be interesting, can see Fulham having a bit of a culture shock, West Brom at PP were awful last year (although the set up has changed) and Leeds havent addressed their faults. Presume Cardiff will be regimental enough to get into the mix and just have enough nouse to get back over the line.

I can’t see which side will be this years Norwich/Sheff U types who have no pressure by the press and can quietly go about the business of picking up points. Bristol City potentially? Preston? 

Whilst I don’t think the leagues there for the taking, it’s going to be very open and no ones going to run away with it. With us hopefully addressing the defence issue (although not necessarily in crosses coming into the box in the first place)it puts us in quite a nice place. Not much expectation,a happy balanced sand settled squad, ambitious manager...if we realise it then we have the potential to be right up there

20 hours ago, cannable said:

Nice to see Luton back. 

Lewin Nyatanga relegated them in a typical Billy 1-0.

I feel old 

I’ve soft spot for Luton, nice that they kept their end up against Boro, poor Mr Gibson ?

Apparently Butters pinged a great pass in at the death but no one on the end of it. 

Archived