The Championship 19/20

Day

1 minute ago, TigerTedd said:

Perhaps, but we’re challenging for top 2 this year, so I don’t really care about the mini league from 5th to 8th, it shouldn’t concern us. 

I wish... as a realist I can't see us getting top 5.

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Squid said:

I think Reading, QPR and Wigan are all going to challenge for top 6 this year, each team has strengthened a lot, This is going to be even more competitive than last year.

I can't dismiss it completely, but those 3 challenging for the top 6 would take an astronomical turn around in the quality they had last year and I would be surprised to see all 3 in the top half. We should be going for top 2 as already mentioned, playoffs are pointless as we duck up in them every year so we may as well finish 12th as it would be no different . If we can defend well as a unit why shouldn't we be challenging for top 2? Cardiff got top 2 with a CM/RB in Paterson as their top scorer who only managed 12 goals, due to their defending maybe this is the year we will be rock solid for once.

5 hours ago, Squid said:

I think Reading, QPR and Wigan are all going to challenge for top 6 this year, each team has strengthened a lot, This is going to be even more competitive than last year.

3 of the 4 worst sides still in the division from last season?

I think out all all the teams to finish in the bottom half, Blackburn have the best chance of finishing to 6 - recruited very well to suit their playing style, especially set pieces. Imagine being up against a Downing freekick/corner and competing with Gallagher, Graham, Mulgrew, Johnson, Dack and Lenihan. There full backs are decent in the air as well.

5 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

3 of the 4 worst sides still in the division from last season?

I think out all all the teams to finish in the bottom half, Blackburn have the best chance of finishing to 6 - recruited very well to suit their playing style, especially set pieces. Imagine being up against a Downing freekick/corner and competing with Gallagher, Graham, Mulgrew, Johnson, Dack and Lenihan. There full backs are decent in the air as well.

Mulgrew is getting on a bit. I think their biggest problem is that they have about 5 defenders... Other than that, good team which can give hard game to anyone.

17 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Perfect time for us to play them I hope, apart from the occasional bit of quality from Ince they look crap.

Ince got his first goal of 2019 yesterday apparently. Thank goodness that's out of the way!

Sith Happens
19 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Mad. Who do Huddersfield think they are? 

One season in the Premier League and suddenly entitled to be topping the Championship. 

Won't end well. 

I find it crazy when a manager leaves so soon. See Sol Campbell has left Macclesfield too.

Surely the time to do it is in the summer, its obvious its planned, 3 games in is crazy.

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

I find it crazy when a manager leaves so soon. See Sol Campbell has left Macclesfield too.

Surely the time to do it is in the summer, its obvious its planned, 3 games in is crazy.

Sol to Huddersfield?

He’s done well at Macclesfield & the timing is interesting. 

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

Not a fan of Sol Campbell but it's been rumoured he's not been paid for 4 months. If that's true then who can blame him. 

2 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

One season in the Premier League and suddenly entitled to be topping the Championship. 

Won't end well. 

They haven't won a game since February and his record is P19 W1 D3 L15, not so crazy really. 

Also they were there for 2 seasons ?

2 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

Won't end well. 

That's overlooking the facts a little.

I know we are only 3 games into this season but they have won 1 game in 7 months.

As we found with Jewell when you get into a downward spiral it's hard to get out of.

Think it's a bold decisive move but one thet probably should have made in the summer.

3 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

Won't end well. 

He hasn't exactly be backed in the transfer window either. Basically didn't get any new players in and then sent their best player out on loan to Brighton. Whoever comes in isn't going to have a lot to work with.

2 hours ago, Paul71 said:

I'm also surprised Sol didn't leave earlier - maybe he wanted to stick with it for a bit out of loyalty to the club that gave him his first chance and see if they could save themselves financially. Turns out they couldn't. Sol did a good job at Macclesfield with zero money and Huddersfield could do a lot worse than appointing him especially since they don't appear to be spending a lot of money at the moment.

Archived