The Championship 19/20

Day

Sith Happens
41 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I've only seen the headline so forgive me if I've misinterpreted what's going on.

But if I was a Middlesbrough player earning £30,000 per week, I would feel absolutely horrific if someone earning £30,000 per year was let go due to the club's financial issues.

Probably a lot less than that too.

Shows how obscene it can be at times.

Some players probably gamble away more a month than some people earn in a year.

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, EnigmaRam said:

Really don’t understand why they don’t just sell a player or 2?

they did enough buying a couple of years ago 

I would imagine that, like us, the ones they could sell would be on high wages so hard to shift.

12 hours ago, GenBr said:

What the **** difference is it going to make to Boros wage bill if Brenda the tea lady takes voluntary redundancy.

Surely they will only be saving pennies with this approach unless some of the playing staff decide to take redundancy as well.

The wee permed rick is worth £210 million FFS. Climb off your cross Steve, everyone's bored of it now. Instead of spunking millions on crap players and managers how about you set aside a single million to safeguard the job roles you're now choosing to shed. Pathetic really!

10 hours ago, angieram said:

Funny how he was never good enough for Derby fans yet holds down a regular place at Boro.

Explains why they didn't make the playoffs ? 

1 minute ago, David said:

You could argue the only reason they had a shot at the play offs was because of their defence. 

could argue that, but doing so would make it difficult to join in with anti-Shotton banter ? 

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Shuff264 said:

Just watching a bit of Stoke v Leicester on Youtube (https://youtu.be/tV9FGnbT-Bg)

Shawcross almost certainly out for season, awful looking injury.

Just checked my give-a-fuckometer and it's reading flat out zero. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he deserves this or that I'm happy, only that I couldn't care les. He's a proper nasty twit and those that believe in such things would call this karma.

Sith Happens

I always thought the Shawcross/Ramsey incident was one of those things, watched it back and I still think it is, its two players challenging for a ball which neither of them wins, his studs arent up, its not two footed, hes not helped having been slightly impeded by another arsenal player in the run up to it.

Its worse because Ramsey gets an horrific injury but if he hadnt been injured it would never have been a red card.

Have seen much worse, George Thornes leg break was a much worse challenge and the ref never even gave a free kick.

If you are a fan of any team and Shawcross is your player in that situation, if he pulls out or makes a half hearted attempt at the 50/50 then you are going to criticise him for not challenging.

6 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Just checked my give-a-fuckometer and it's reading flat out zero. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he deserves this or that I'm happy, only that I couldn't care les. He's a proper nasty twit and those that believe in such things would call this karma.

Unfortunately stoke have another half a dozen centre half’s as they can’t get rid of any 

How can birmingham .....in greater ffp trouble than us......sign the best two midfielders acquired by championship clubs this summer?

still we got shinnie (sigh)

3 minutes ago, RamNut said:

How can birmingham .....in greater ffp trouble than us......sign the best two midfielders acquired by championship clubs this summer?

still we got shinnie (sigh)

By selling Che Adams and Jota for almost £20m

Archived