The Championship 19/20

David

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 28/07/2019 at 08:53, Paul71 said:

I always thought the Shawcross/Ramsey incident was one of those things, watched it back and I still think it is, its two players challenging for a ball which neither of them wins, his studs arent up, its not two footed, hes not helped having been slightly impeded by another arsenal player in the run up to it.

Its worse because Ramsey gets an horrific injury but if he hadnt been injured it would never have been a red card.

Have seen much worse, George Thornes leg break was a much worse challenge and the ref never even gave a free kick.

If you are a fan of any team and Shawcross is your player in that situation, if he pulls out or makes a half hearted attempt at the 50/50 then you are going to criticise him for not challenging.

Yeah, it's more Stoke fans booing Ramsey and Pulis saying he's not a nasty player that has made him more of a villain. 

He is a brute. But Shaun Barker was a bit. Buxton was. Some of our most adored players like Seth have been hot heads. Pulis did him no favours because people just pulled up clips of him smashing people. 

Stoke fans booing Ramsey was an impressive  level of scummery. On a scale of Rio Ferdinand to Joey Barton I'd say Stoke fans are about a Craig Bellamy

On 28/07/2019 at 03:44, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Just checked my give-a-fuckometer and it's reading flat out zero. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he deserves this or that I'm happy, only that I couldn't care les. He's a proper nasty twit and those that believe in such things would call this karma.

Wasn't it him who nastily assaulted Giles Barnes in a preseason friendly??

I've just had a look at everyone's preseason results now it's done, it's quite a mixed bag:

Blackburn, Cardiff, Wednesday & Huddersfield have produced the steady results. Lots of teams - Birmingham, Derby, Middlesbrough, Reading, Charlton, Hull City, Preston, QPR, West Brom, Leeds, Luton, Millwall, Forest - have produced poor to mixed results. The rest have been average more than anything. Swansea the only team to really have a strong preseason in terms of results. 

18 minutes ago, David said:

1 - WBA
2 - Fulham
3 - Cardiff City
4 - Derby County
5 - Huddersfield Town
6 - Bristol City
------------------------------------
22 - Luton Town
23 - Nottingham Forest
24 - Leeds United

I take it that the relegation prediction is aspirational? 

3 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I've just had a look at everyone's preseason results now it's done, it's quite a mixed bag:

Blackburn, Cardiff, Wednesday & Huddersfield have produced the steady results. Lots of teams - Birmingham, Derby, Middlesbrough, Reading, Charlton, Hull City, Preston, QPR, West Brom, Leeds, Luton, Millwall, Forest - have produced poor to mixed results. The rest have been average more than anything. Swansea the only team to really have a strong preseason in terms of results. 

Wow! 'Strongest Championship for years' and we already have 13 teams battling against relegation!

1 hour ago, David said:

1 - WBA
2 - Fulham
3 - Cardiff City
4 - Derby County
5 - Huddersfield Town
6 - Bristol City
------------------------------------
22 - Luton Town
23 - Nottingham Forest
24 - Leeds United

You don’t like Luton then?