The Championship 19/20

David

44 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Gonna be interesting, can see Fulham having a bit of a culture shock, West Brom at PP were awful last year (although the set up has changed) and Leeds havent addressed their faults. Presume Cardiff will be regimental enough to get into the mix and just have enough nouse to get back over the line.

I can’t see which side will be this years Norwich/Sheff U types who have no pressure by the press and can quietly go about the business of picking up points. Bristol City potentially? Preston? 

Whilst I don’t think the leagues there for the taking, it’s going to be very open and no ones going to run away with it. With us hopefully addressing the defence issue (although not necessarily in crosses coming into the box in the first place)it puts us in quite a nice place. Not much expectation,a happy balanced sand settled squad, ambitious manager...if we realise it then we have the potential to be right up there

Barnsley sounded like they were by the far the better side for the first half of the Fulham match, but went completely the other way in the second half with Fulham starting to play - still haven't scored yet though. I'm starting to think Barnsley might be a bit of a dark horse - managed to keep their manager and in this game they have 17 shots to Fulhams 14 - sounds pretty entertaining to be honest. We beat West Brom easily both times we played them last season, but they still finished 6 points above us and now have a better manager (imo). Leeds haven't addressed their faults, but their squad was garbage when Bielsa took over - I personally think he is the most important factor in their performance and they demolished us three times last season. (not four times though -hahahahahahahahaha).

I think there are a lot of strong sides this year, which will make it more entertaining. With every team taking points from each other the competition for the top spots will hopefully go all the way  until the end of the season. Fulham, Brentford, Blackburn, Stoke and Cardiff have all lost today, so not exactly strong starts for any of the teams that were predicted to do well this year.

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forest have moved forward this season.

They're now winning the league after 5 minutes, not the traditional end of August.

I'm not jesting, I've heard them say the only reason they have landed the Man City loan keeper was Edersons transfer fee kept him out of the side!

5 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Forest have moved forward this season.

They're now winning the league after 5 minutes, not the traditional end of August.

I'm not jesting, I've heard them say the only reason they have landed the Man City loan keeper was Edersons transfer fee kept him out of the side!

Forest look poor at the back and have Grabban up front. Lots of decent youth players but let down by the more experienced players I think

Out of the 8 3pm kickoffs today, arguably all of them were won by the team who you probably have predicted to finish lower of the 2.

Maybe Sheff Wed ahead of Reading, but the manager situation at Weds is a bit messy.

Probably Swansea above Hull but depends on how they both get over managers leaving.

Other 6 look definite upsets for most predictions.

Is why the Championship is so good.

Just now, TuffLuff said:

Forest look poor at the back and have Grabban up front. Lots of decent youth players but let down by the more experienced players I think

I don't see a midfield, and not in a long ball way either, they just don't seem to be present.

21 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

I don't see a midfield, and not in a long ball way either, they just don't seem to be present.

Ben Watson comes across as that ‘experienced’ pro who struts about with a ‘I know better’ attitude that doesn’t help the team, thinks others should be doing more but not concentrating on his own tasks. Not that he getting much help but it’s not great.

This is genuinely from the Guardians match report of west brom v forest

63 mins: Leading poohouse Silva is taken off and Mir is brought on. Forest will have to change things here seeing as Mir is a striker. Forest are almost punished when Phillips players a low corner into the box for Sawyers to run onto but his shot is deflected over.

61 mins: Silva once again gets away with a foul. He cleans out a West Brom player pretty late for a free-kick but the referee is not interested. Silva seems like he is a proper poohouse.

Loses something  by forum translation but even so ?

15 hours ago, TuffLuff said:

Ben Watson comes across as that ‘experienced’ pro who struts about with a ‘I know better’ attitude that doesn’t help the team, thinks others should be doing more but not concentrating on his own tasks. Not that he getting much help but it’s not great.

Ben Watson comes across as that ‘experienced’ pro who struts about with a ‘I know better’ attitude that doesn’t help the team, thinks others should be doing more but not concentrating on his own tasks. Not that he getting much help but it's great.

FTFY

18 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

Out of the 8 3pm kickoffs today, arguably all of them were won by the team who you probably have predicted to finish lower of the 2.

Maybe Sheff Wed ahead of Reading, but the manager situation at Weds is a bit messy.

Probably Swansea above Hull but depends on how they both get over managers leaving.

Other 6 look definite upsets for most predictions.

Is why the Championship is so good.

Played havoc with my bets?

Archived